Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

dave x

Posted Fri Dec 14th, 2012 12:24pm Post subject: THT and Mr Fry

I have been diagnosed hiv positive for 10 years. I'm afraid Mr Fry has had the wool pulled over his eyes by that monstrosity of a charity called THT.
I am unable to work because of my illness and getting help from THT is impossible. I ask them can you give me money to alleviate my situation (dire poverty) the answer is a resounding no. Why is it that a charity is in place that receives vast amounts of funding through donations and government , pays its chief execs £80k pa ,owns a multi million pound property portfolio, has expensive London head offices cannot address the fact that thousands of hiv poz people in this country live in dire poverty ?

Rose

Posted Sun Dec 16th, 2012 8:02am Post subject: THT and Mr Fry

You have some good points there Dave X, we should always question organisations. Anything organised, including charities, religion, and politics should be transparently accountable to the masses they are intended to serve.

I understand you are frustrated with the injustice of it, and rightly so. However, it doesn't seem fair to say that to Stephen. He is not responsible for us, or the charities (unless he is a director?). It seems like he tries to help where he can by supporting many varied charities, and raising awareness. It's more than most people do.

dave x

Posted Sun Dec 16th, 2012 10:55am Post subject: THT and Mr Fry

I agree with what you are saying Fran Rose apart from the statement that Mr Fry has no responsibility , his face and endorsement is on THT's website and as far as I'm concerned by that very action he is promoting everything that is wrong with that charity, don't take my word for it, seek out some individuals who are poor and living with hiv, there are thousands to choose from and ask them their opinion on THT.

TobiasMonk

Posted Sun Dec 16th, 2012 5:27pm Post subject: THT and Mr Fry

dave x said:
I have been diagnosed hiv positive for 10 years. I'm afraid Mr Fry has had the wool pulled over his eyes by that monstrosity of a charity called THT.
I am unable to work because of my illness and getting help from THT is impossible. I ask them can you give me money to alleviate my situation (dire poverty) the answer is a resounding no. Why is it that a charity is in place that receives vast amounts of funding through donations and government , pays its chief execs £80k pa ,owns a multi million pound property portfolio, has expensive London head offices cannot address the fact that thousands of hiv poz people in this country live in dire poverty ?

It's shelter, food , clothing, medical attention etc.. which are associated with "dire poverty", are you saying that you need these things and they've refused to help you, or is it just the money they've refused you?

I cannot be awake for nothing looks to me as it did before, Or else I am awake for the first time, and all before has been a mean sleep.
Walt Whitman

dave x

Posted Sun Dec 16th, 2012 6:50pm Post subject: THT and Mr Fry

they have refused me help as I struggle to put food on the table, I was told haughtily by a local office manager earning £35k pa to stop annoying them and try the salvation army.
They have also refused any requests I have made for money but isn't that the whole point of a charity to help those it was set up to help ?
I have been barred from using any of THT's services because I see right through them and realise (along with many others) that it has become a self serving organisation and frankly just another quango.
I have also been threatened with prosecution if I dont stop contacting their execs and asking awkward questions, this was some time ago but I keep sending them emails , its only slander if it isn't true after all.