Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

sez1842

Posted Wed Mar 4th, 2009 7:06pm Post subject: To Stephen, I'm doing a case study on you and bipolar/manic
Hello there,

I am currently studying a psychology degree at Anglia Ruskin University. We have been asked to write a case study on a famous person, be it a 'celebrity' or serial killer or someone out of a case study book.

Bipolar depression has long been an interest to me as my partner has it, diagnosed a while ago but no longer on medication, however it is still evident. I know Stephen you have a lot of experience with it so I was wondering if you would mind if I studied you and write about your life experiences and how this did or did not lead to you developing bipolar depression. I would then apply two psychological theories to the case.

If you wouldn't mind that would be great. If you could also perhaps give me some advice on where to find more information on your life experiences from childhood until now, perhaps especially about the time you disappeared, that would be an enormous help.

I do appreciate that you are very busy but I know this is a subject that your are very interested in.

Thank you for taking the time to read this and hope to hear back soon.

Thanks

Sarah Warren

miamiamia

Posted Tue Apr 14th, 2009 6:53pm Post subject: To Stephen, I'm doing a case study on you and bipolar/manic
i can see why people are interested in this condition because it is very interesting. myself have had hyper mania for 6 years now. Amoungst all the things i have learnt about my self as well the condition, one thing i know for certain is, i know far more about my condition then any doctor or consoltant i have seen . Due to studying psychology before i was diagnosed, i got a insight into understanding bipolar. Personally i see my condition as a gift rather than a burden, due to it giving me some many creative ideas that i feel like my mind is going to explode , this is why alot of people with hyper mania, suffer symptoms like fast speaking, and jumbled up words, coz you need to get the ideas out ur mind, coz there is so many ideas in ur mind.
Hope ive helped. Even though im not famous.
p.s excuse the spelling mistakes,

miamiamania