Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

WhyGenTom

Posted Fri Feb 8th, 2008 9:46pm Post subject: Tony Slattery.. Thank God You're Here!
Feb 16th - ITV1:

Improv show Thank God You're Here hosted by Paul Merton... according to Wikipedia is starring Tony Slattery a week on Saturday! Presumably Tony's first improv show since leaving Whose Line in '96.

Of course he won't be the same, medicated, older and fatter.. that's fine! It'll just be great to see him perform something live again, and lets face it all he has to do is giggle constantly to be funny.

I'm well aware Wiki is constantly wrong.. but since this series started I've been PRAYING, ranting and raving to anyone who'll listen that Tony would be on it.. so here's hoping God's sending my a birthday present.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <3

Ernest Worthing

Posted Fri Feb 8th, 2008 10:42pm Post subject: Tony Slattery.. Thank God You're Here!
Oh, yay. I saw it a couple of weeks ago and remember Ben Miller being one of the performers, which was nice. Tony obviously excels at improvisation, so it if is true it will be great.

LilyG

Posted Sun Feb 10th, 2008 5:05am Post subject: Tony Slattery.. Thank God You're Here!
oh wow id love to see tony on TGYH!!!

i adore the original thank gods (the aussie ones) and when i heard there was a UK one, (among many others), i was thrilled!!! i hope i can get my hands on it somehow, but if not, please please please tell me how he goes, i love him!

xx

Shyamz

Posted Sun Feb 10th, 2008 2:50pm Post subject: Tony Slattery.. Thank God You're Here!
They're popping up on UK Nova now, so if you can register, you can download them there.

I missed the one yesterday with Richard Wilson in, I bet he was good...was he?

Love Tony Slattery, I'd love to see him on telly more.

WhyGenTom

Posted Sun Feb 10th, 2008 3:13pm Post subject: Tony Slattery.. Thank God You're Here!
They're popping up on UK Nova now, so if you can register, you can download them there.

I missed the one yesterday with Richard Wilson in, I bet he was good...was he?

Love Tony Slattery, I'd love to see him on telly more.

He wasn't bad.. there was a random bit where they had to serve cheese in a restaurant, he was fantastic at that. Lee Mack was by far the best, in my opinion anyway.

If I can get my Media Center working I'll record it next week and post Tony's segment on YouTube. Assuming he IS on it... Although it's pre-recorded so it should be right.. we'll see! lol.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <3

WhyGenTom

Posted Thu Feb 14th, 2008 12:31am Post subject: Tony Slattery.. Thank God You're Here!
As usual the 'ever reliable resource' that is Wikipedia has disappointed...

According to it, and other sources (TV guides, and ITV.com don't mention him), Tony isn't going to be on it.

LilyG

Posted Thu Feb 14th, 2008 12:47am Post subject: Tony Slattery.. Thank God You're Here!
damnit!

WhyGenTom

Posted Thu Feb 14th, 2008 2:16am Post subject: Tony Slattery.. Thank God You're Here!
I don't know how it could have got a pre-recorded shows line up wrong? It happened last week aswell mind... ahhh never mind, sorry for posting the wrong info