Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

Phlizz

Posted Sun May 6th, 2007 7:40pm Post subject: Top Five Teas
I don't know what it was called but it was a sort that was "specially blended in Yorkshire"...

It wasn't Taylor's of Harrogate was it?

I'm terrible and don't like fruit tea - even thought I know I should drink it.

1. English breakfast - with milk and sugar
2. Assam - with milk and sugar
3. Darjeeling - without anything
4. Earl Grey - without anything or with a little milk
5 Gunpowder - without anything

Ohh how I love tea! yeah - I'[m one of those people who believe a nice cup of tea can solve anything I suppose not if you don't like tea though! X-D

absolutely curtains

Posted Sun May 6th, 2007 7:42pm Post subject: Top Five Teas
Ohh how I love tea! yeah - I'[m one of those people who believe a nice cup of tea can solve anything I suppose not if you don't like tea though! X-D

No, you're right - a good cup of tea solves anything for anyone.

Crazy_in_a_box

Posted Sun May 6th, 2007 7:47pm Post subject: Top Five Teas
Well there is still hope for me yet, my sister HATED tea and a friend of her's made her one when they were out at a recording studio for her voice so she had to drink it because there wasnt anything else.... she loved it so much she has started to drink it on a regular basis. its all to do with the way her friend makes it or so she says....

ysabella

Posted Sun May 6th, 2007 8:07pm Post subject: Top Five Teas
1. jasmine green tea, hot, with nothing else added.
2. when I'm sick, lemon herb tea with buckets of honey and lemon juice added.
3. cold fruity herb teas (I usually mix them together, different flavors)
4. occasionally, black tea with milk & sugar

JVONEARTH

Posted Sun May 6th, 2007 8:29pm Post subject: Top Five Teas
Asda
Sainsburys
Morrisons
Tesco
Co op

All with milk and one sugar X-D

Phlizz

Posted Sun May 6th, 2007 8:51pm Post subject: Top Five Teas
Gahhh - I once ended up with about 500 Budgens tea bags after buying some then finding a buy-one-get-one-free offer and then forgetting to take any tea on holiday and buying more. They were ok, but it took me about a year to get through them - I was sick of them in the end

JVONEARTH

Posted Sun May 6th, 2007 8:54pm Post subject: Top Five Teas
X-D

amyl_nitrate

Posted Sun May 6th, 2007 9:14pm Post subject: Top Five Teas
I'm more of a coffee person. I love my coffee black with no sugar. I also adore iced mochas (aka frappuccinos in some places in York I've drunk it at and apparently Starbucks which I don't drink at but have been told is their trademark so these places where I have been drinking it have been very naughty!) - coffee mixed with chocolate and cream. *sigh* Utterly delicious. Even more perfect when reading Wodehouse at the same time. *melts* I have recently started drinking tea without milk and sugar. Very nice but I do still favour coffee. I'd like to try some other flavours of tea other than your bog standard Typhoo/Tetleys/PG Tips stuff.

Assuming direct control...

Betsie

Posted Sun May 6th, 2007 10:44pm Post subject: Top Five Teas
"Kaminfeuer" (a blend offered by Demmer, the Twinings of Vienna, i.e. hibiscus, apple, rosehips, cinnamon, available around Christmas)

Sounds great!

Coffee is dirty.

Dirty "eeewwww" or dirty "ahem" ? X-D Like, is the processing less than sanitary, or are the people making it being naughty? Tee hee. Sorry, bad joke, couldn't resist.

Celia

Posted Tue May 8th, 2007 3:24am Post subject: Top Five Teas
Interesting question.

I should be true to my southern roots and say that the only tea worth drinking is ICED TEA- specifically sweet tea, preferably with a little lemon.

Sweet tea- the key to any southern girl's heart. If Scarlett were here, she'd agree.

And coffee is good, too, but only when the weather is cold. That's not too often here in Florida.

Terri

Posted Tue May 8th, 2007 11:32am Post subject: Top Five Teas
Lift Lemon Tea!
Apart from that I only drink coffee. Tea's okay if someone's making it, or if you know their coffee is shit, tea's usually much safer. But I can't tell one brand from another - I just like yer basic: grab a bag, chuck it in the cup and pour hot water on it. Oh, and the milk goes in first ...

I did buy some posh bedtime-type tea from Whittards: Honey, apricot and Vanilla. Sounded good apart from the apricot bit, but I've not tried it yet.

Nadia

Posted Tue May 8th, 2007 1:07pm Post subject: Top Five Teas
Jasmine green tea - hot - no sugar!!
My all time fave..

Any green tea is fine though ))

Betsie

Posted Tue May 8th, 2007 1:27pm Post subject: Top Five Teas
Honey, apricot and Vanilla. Sounded good apart from the apricot bit, but I've not tried it yet.

That does sound good!

hightide

Posted Tue May 8th, 2007 4:35pm Post subject: Top Five Teas
I love tea, couldn't live without it. I usually have about 5 or so cups a day, sont usually count. But I knew someone who could happily drink 4-6 cups at one sitting!

1. Earl grey - with milk
2. Twinings Chai - with milk
3. Peppermint
4. Blackcurrant
5. Orange rooibush

Trina

Posted Tue May 8th, 2007 5:10pm Post subject: Top Five Teas
A British friend throws a fit every time I call herbal tea tea. "It's tisane," she'll say. *shrug* And that's what I drink. I don't like coffee or tea-tea, but when I'm sniffly, a cup of lemon tisane helps immensely.