Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

Anonymous

Unregistered

Posted Mon Oct 29th, 2007 2:14pm Post subject: Top Five Teas
When I read that, a picture of an orange popped into my head. It had horns and a little black goatee.

Did it have a wee little pitchfork?

They became the devil fruit when I was studying abroad in England. I was still a student so I spent school holidays at home and discovered, much to my horror, that while I was away they had bought a home in the middle of a 40 acre orange field.

amyl_nitrate

Posted Mon Oct 29th, 2007 5:01pm Post subject: Top Five Teas
When I read that, a picture of an orange popped into my head. It had horns and a little black goatee.

They became the devil fruit when I was studying abroad in England. I was still a student so I spent school holidays at home and discovered, much to my horror, that while I was away they had bought a home in the middle of a 40 acre orange field.

Do you still live with your parents now? You didn't have any reactions did you while there?

Assuming direct control...

Anonymous

Unregistered

Posted Tue Oct 30th, 2007 1:08am Post subject: Top Five Teas

Do you still live with your parents now? You didn't have any reactions did you while there?

Oh god no, I live in a different nation from my parents actually. I had reactions left, right, and centre when I lived there.

amyl_nitrate

Posted Tue Oct 30th, 2007 6:30pm Post subject: Top Five Teas

Oh god no, I live in a different nation from my parents actually. I had reactions left, right, and centre when I lived there.

Then it's a good thing you left! *hugglescompletely_rubbish*

Anonymous

Unregistered

Posted Tue Oct 30th, 2007 6:51pm Post subject: Top Five Teas

Then it's a good thing you left! *hugglescompletely_rubbish*

LOLZ, thanks my dear. I didn't leave because of that of course and they have since moved as well but I am simply ADORING my Canadian existence where there isn't a rutting orange tree for miles and miles!

EvelynsMummy

Posted Fri Nov 2nd, 2007 9:27pm Post subject: Top Five Teas
I had been making teas professionally for 6 years, so I know my way around a teapot.

How did you get that gig? (!)

Selma

Posted Sat Nov 3rd, 2007 2:07am Post subject: Top Five Teas
I have to admit to being a bit of a tea snob. I'm one of the aforementioned people for whom a good cuppa will solve anything. I can't survive the morning without one and drink at least three or four cups a day, usually more.

My top five are:

1) Earl Grey (Twinings of course, as it comes)
2) Russian Caravan (spot of trim milk)
3) Lapsang Souchong (milk)
4) Builder's (strong, with milk, here called "gumboot tea")
5) Darjeeling

Tea, for me, is a strictly black affair (though I'll admit green tea so long as it comes from a tea plant) and those herbal or fruity imposters, though infusions, aren't anything to do with tea. Can't really abide milk in Earl Grey either. As I said, a tea snob. It doesn't taste bad, but you can't appreciate the subtlety of Earl Grey with milk in it and might as well have some other tea.

Anonymous

Unregistered

Posted Sun Nov 4th, 2007 8:17pm Post subject: Top Five Teas
It doesn't taste bad, but you can't appreciate the subtlety of Earl Grey with milk in it and might as well have some other tea.

Now, see, all tea just tastes of hot water to me.

Selma

Posted Tue Nov 6th, 2007 10:16pm Post subject: Top Five Teas
It doesn't taste bad, but you can't appreciate the subtlety of Earl Grey with milk in it and might as well have some other tea.

Is this all tea you make or all tea in general? One spoon for each person and one for the pot, leave it for five minutes, and it certainly shouldn't taste like hot water. Try drinking some hot water for comparison

amyl_nitrate

Posted Thu Nov 8th, 2007 9:31pm Post subject: Top Five Teas
I can't stand milk at all. I always drink my tea and coffees black.

Infusions are so yummy. Especially with blackcurrent.

Anonymous

Unregistered

Posted Thu Nov 8th, 2007 10:40pm Post subject: Top Five Teas

Is this all tea you make or all tea in general? One spoon for each person and one for the pot, leave it for five minutes, and it certainly shouldn't taste like hot water. Try drinking some hot water for comparison

All teas taste of hot water. I've even made double strength tea and allowed it to soak for 10 minutes and it still tastes of hot water. Possibly I am without tea tastebuds?

amyl_nitrate

Posted Thu Nov 8th, 2007 10:51pm Post subject: Top Five Teas
Just went on Ill Will Press to check out the latest Foamy cartoon which incidentally is called Coffee Flavours. mmmm Egyptian flavour.

TOKYOGAL87

Posted Tue Nov 20th, 2007 8:46am Post subject: Top Five Teas
SO YOU LIKE TEAS?
I'M LOOKING FOR SPEARMINT TEA ANYBODY KNOW A LABEL THAT PRODUCIT THAT I CN FIND IN THE UK?

RomanticSquare

Posted Sat Jan 5th, 2008 6:41pm Post subject: Top Five Teas
I recently discovered this website. Lots of fun and the myspace keeps you informed of any tea companies giving away free samples
I had some rather nice Yorkshire Tea in the post the other day.

p00kah

Posted Sat Feb 16th, 2008 6:55am Post subject: Top Five Teas
Love tea but has to have milk in it. Even mint tea.
Favourite 5
Lady Grey
Earl Grey (black or green)
Mint
Jasmine
Orange Pekoe

TTFN