Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

rt1

Posted Sun Mar 27th, 2011 9:04pm Post subject: Totally unacceptable comments on Qi shown on Dave 27/3/11

I have read and followed your shows and writings for some while now but following this show and the comment about "some fatuous bint that presents a morning show" I will no longer be doing so ever again.
I thought (obviously incorrectly) that someone like you would have the common decency to refrain from commenting in such a way. It is now obvious to me that your self restraint and manners do not in any way reach the supposed level of your intelligence! I have a good sense of humour but this is beyond being acceptable. I'm finding that you are becoming more like Jeremy Clarkson every day in that you appear no longer to know when to keep your mouth shut....A closed mouth gathers no feet!!

atompkins101

Posted Sun Apr 3rd, 2011 6:43pm Post subject: Totally unacceptable comments on Qi shown on Dave 27/3/11

I'm sure your viewing will be sorely, sorely missed

Nitro

Posted Tue May 31st, 2011 3:08pm Post subject: Totally unacceptable comments on Qi shown on Dave 27/3/11

at101, that was nasty. It sounds like the kind of nastiness the OP was talking about. The op came on to express something and it wasn't to you, directly.

If Mr.Fry can't take criticism anymore, he needs to say good-bye and go flop on a beach in the south pacific. But wether he can or can't, I'd venture to say he doesn't need anyone's help to defend himself. Or, are you one of his twitter followers that swarmed that poor guys twitter page not long ago, the one who very benignly mentioned Fry's tweets being 'boring' lately or some such? Which is hardly, btw, any kind of scathing indictment of a persons character. But he was treated as if it was!!

So someone comes on here and says what the OP here said...there's no vitriole, no uber-angst, no nukeing...just an expression of disappointment and a valid complaint from their own perspective. Why is that so threatening and TO YOU?

Really? Wow.

Kkkathykk

Posted Sat Jul 30th, 2011 5:42pm Post subject: Totally unacceptable comments on Qi shown on Dave 27/3/11

I have some sympathy with the OP's comments. I didn't like the "fatuous bint" comment either. It didn't make me want to stop watching QI, but I did feel it was unnecessarily unkind.

I also agree with Nitro about the rather nasty response the OP received.