Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

Anonymous

Unregistered

Posted Thu Oct 25th, 2007 1:03am Post subject: Tragically Late to the QI Party
I've just downloaded QI and have begun to watch it, banned as I was from previous viewing by my tragic, tragic North American existence. I know this shall certainly be old news to most everyone else but it's brilliant -- may I join the QI fan party? Can we get an official tie struck?

TobiasMonk

Posted Thu Oct 25th, 2007 11:22am Post subject: Tragically Late to the QI Party
I've just downloaded QI and have begun to watch it, banned as I was from previous viewing by my tragic, tragic North American existence. I know this shall certainly be old news to most everyone else but it's brilliant -- may I join the QI fan party? Can we get an official tie struck?

Hey, there are quite a few episodes up on YouTube you know. Have you not seen any of those yet? X-D

I cannot be awake for nothing looks to me as it did before, Or else I am awake for the first time, and all before has been a mean sleep.
Walt Whitman

Anonymous

Unregistered

Posted Thu Oct 25th, 2007 1:21pm Post subject: Tragically Late to the QI Party

Hey, there are quite a few episodes up on YouTube you know. Have you not seen any of those yet? X-D

YouTube is the bane of my existence. Torrents are my true love. True loooooooooooooooooove.

j9r

Posted Fri Oct 26th, 2007 1:17am Post subject: Tragically Late to the QI Party
As a lover of all things Fry - I too am completely addicted to YouTube. I think I should get a job there so I don't feel so bad about spending HOURS watching BBC television shows in 7 to 9 minute segments.

The most annoying thing is lately they have changed the video choices for your next video to watch so that it is often NOT the next segment in the episode. So you have to go searching for 3/3 after watching 2/3.

I have completely broken down and purchased a region free DVD player so i could own the Kingdom series. The DVD's actually cost more than the player with the exchange rate as bad as it is now.

---j

"I'm from New Jersey, if the world ended today, I'd adjust" - John Gorka

Anonymous

Unregistered

Posted Fri Oct 26th, 2007 2:27am Post subject: Tragically Late to the QI Party
I will continue advocating the use of torrents for items unavailable in my market until they day I die. XP

Anonymous

Unregistered

Posted Fri Oct 26th, 2007 7:27am Post subject: Tragically Late to the QI Party

And to finally answer your question...no, I've not! *shame, shame, shaaaaame*

TobiasMonk

Posted Fri Oct 26th, 2007 5:57pm Post subject: Tragically Late to the QI Party
No shame CR-torrents are better because you have complete access to everything you download all the time.
By the way, you might want to look at the "et" in english thread-I think I gave vague defs for schwa and rhotic. Please fix

I cannot be awake for nothing looks to me as it did before, Or else I am awake for the first time, and all before has been a mean sleep.
Walt Whitman

Anonymous

Unregistered

Posted Fri Oct 26th, 2007 10:51pm Post subject: Tragically Late to the QI Party
whoa.... cute horse, tobias.

TobiasMonk

Posted Sun Oct 28th, 2007 4:48am Post subject: Tragically Late to the QI Party
whoa.... cute horse, tobias.

Yeah he is, and yes you can still ride him. I meant to answer you in another post but I can't remember which one it was! :-//

Walt Whitman