Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

absolutely curtains

Posted Thu Mar 15th, 2007 5:27pm Post subject: Trident Replacement Nuclear Submarine Thing.
What do we all think?

absolutely curtains

Posted Thu Mar 15th, 2007 5:35pm Post subject: Trident Replacement Nuclear Submarine Thing.
Just thought - this might be a bit of a personal question; I know how it is with people and never telling other people how they vote and stuff... I don't understand it.

You don't have to leave a comment, just cast a vote so I don't look like a loser. Feel free to put a comment though. I will as soon as someone else has! I don't want to influence anybody. Not as if I would anyway...

trouser material

Posted Thu Mar 15th, 2007 6:20pm Post subject: Trident Replacement Nuclear Submarine Thing.
Whats all this then? I've not been paying attention, sorry. X-D

absolutely curtains

Posted Thu Mar 15th, 2007 6:29pm Post subject: Trident Replacement Nuclear Submarine Thing.
Basically, there was a vote in the government about whether Britain's nuclear weapons program, Trident, should be renewed/upgraded and we should get better nuclear submarines and missiles n stuff.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/frontpage/story/0,,2034299,00.html

I warn you - it is the Guardian, and you know what they're like... With their clever words and stuff. Not saying you're stupid, but it takes me a while!

JVONEARTH

Posted Thu Mar 15th, 2007 6:30pm Post subject: Trident Replacement Nuclear Submarine Thing.
It's ok it's a valid thread. It affects us all

meekychuppet

Posted Thu Mar 15th, 2007 6:51pm Post subject: Trident Replacement Nuclear Submarine Thing.
I am always amused at the concept of a nuclear deterrent as though there would be any winners in a nuclear.

"I don't know what weapons world war three will be fought with but world war four will be fought with sticks and stones."

- Albert Einstein.

JVONEARTH

Posted Thu Mar 15th, 2007 8:11pm Post subject: Trident Replacement Nuclear Submarine Thing.
It's funny that mankind should want to invent things that can cause total destruction to itself. Can't we just get along and put aside greed and power.

absolutely curtains

Posted Thu Mar 15th, 2007 8:29pm Post subject: Trident Replacement Nuclear Submarine Thing.
I can't contain myself any longer.

I have to say, I'm surprised that everybody seems so indifferent... Or at least not that passionate. It makes me so angry that people in the government can think that having such destructive stuff can be a good thing.

It costs literally £billions to replace the "program". That money could have gone on ANYTHING better than that. And "the UK will have a potential destructive power of 1280 Hiroshimas". Doesn't anyone find it absolutely disgusting that these things exist? I think I heard that one missile is the equivalent of 10 Hiroshimas. Even as a deterrent, this is something ridiculously destructive to have in the country's possession.

The prime minister only won the vote (he was for this dispicable cause) because of the *spits* conservatives... Sorry.

I could rant for ages, but I won't.

I'm proud to say that my MP (he's not mine obviously) voted against this (running out of words) really really bad thing.

Re: last two posts - How is it at all funny?????? Are you both mental?

Love and hugs to everyone!

teenage_tragady

Posted Thu Mar 15th, 2007 8:32pm Post subject: Trident Replacement Nuclear Submarine Thing.
woops sorry I thought you meant the chewing gum and I clicked yes :-//

SORRY

absolutely curtains

Posted Thu Mar 15th, 2007 8:34pm Post subject: Trident Replacement Nuclear Submarine Thing.

Oh yeah, that famous nuclear flavoured Trident chewing gum...

Sorry. Don't worry, it's fine. So long as you didn't mean it *glares expectantly...*

JVONEARTH

Posted Thu Mar 15th, 2007 8:47pm Post subject: Trident Replacement Nuclear Submarine Thing.
Of course i am that's why i'm here ...... X-D

teenage_tragady

Posted Thu Mar 15th, 2007 8:49pm Post subject: Trident Replacement Nuclear Submarine Thing.
I just saw trident and thought the chewing gum. That will teach me to read the posts first :-//

Aoibheann

Posted Fri Mar 16th, 2007 12:23am Post subject: Trident Replacement Nuclear Submarine Thing.
This war stuff is awful. Makes me feel ill thinking about it. I know, lets all get stoned and listen to some good tunes.....? Any takers?
on a lighter note, I LOVE those trident chewing gum adds! Mastication for nation! cracks me up everytime.... bloody genius.....

Soupy Twist

Posted Fri Mar 16th, 2007 8:30am Post subject: Trident Replacement Nuclear Submarine Thing.

Re: last two posts - How is it at all funny?????? Are you both mental?

Because they´re right, of course not in a comical sense, but anything related to war and nuclear weapons and the renewal of the Trident is so clearly beyond any imaginable stupidity that it leaves you only with the possibilities of either laughing hysterically or crying helplessly. Indifference is something different.