Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

ArleneA

Posted Tue May 1st, 2012 6:07pm Post subject: TRUST

To me trust and honesty are two very important things. I guess I feel they go hand in hand.

Someone who I considered to be a good friend has betrayed my trust in the worst possible way. As a result, I have ended this friendship.

I only ever saw him as a friend, nothing more. This I made crystal clear on many ocassions. Yesterday I found him to have crossed a major boundary. I now feel very let down.

He has also betrayed someone very dear to my heart; and for this I cannot forgive him.

I am going to find it very difficult to trust anyone again. I am either too naive or just plain stupid. I am not sure which one of this it is, could even be both of them.

One day I will learn. This I hope.

"This is me - don't try and change it..."

Popeye

Posted Tue May 1st, 2012 10:24pm Post subject: TRUST

With trust comes responsibility and if someone can't be responsible enough to respect your trust they are not worth worrying about. You are obviously a better person than him Arlene, Trust in yourself and you will see it's not you who's the stupid one.

Everyday should be Fryday!
Soupy Twist!

joan

Posted Tue May 1st, 2012 11:05pm Post subject: TRUST

This is one person, Arlene, not the whole world. People can be weak and selfish sometimes, but not everyone, and not all the time.

You have done the right thing in removing him from your circle of friends, but don't let him sour the world for you. I'm pretty sure he's not worth it.

And don't blame yourself. We all get betrayed at some point and the guilt lies with the betrayer, not with the betrayed. As for not having seen it coming - even trained people from cops to psychiatrists can't always see through people, so what hope do good people like us have?

It is the fact you would not do something like that yourself, that stopped you imagining he would.

ArleneA

Posted Wed May 2nd, 2012 3:31am Post subject: TRUST

Thankyou both for your kind comments; I feel better now:)

art0hur0moh

Posted Fri May 4th, 2012 12:44am Post subject: TRUST

I think you idea of trust is at fault!

I trust 100% of the people 98% of the time! That two percent is in recognition of the insane. Other wise you can trust people to do what is in there interests 100% of the time.

Ie, you have a friend who you could entrust your life to. Yet that same person you couldn't trust to leave a tenner in front of!

With out defined breaches it is imposable for any one to formulate a remotely adiquite response to.

You mentioned that it is a man you have lost trust in! Are you condeming him for simply being a man?

I can not tollerate lies! Any one that lies to me is automatically untrust worthy! Regardless whether a small or large lie i see them as the same! I don't confuse ignorance with lies! I make it clear where my limit is with regard to lieing. I ask that the person dose not do it if ever it becomes evident. From there i can rebuild trust. However if they repeate the same lie or manner if deseption, they are forever liers to me! And i know i am incapable of entrusting even the most basic of confidence in that person.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQFpkqLI4GY&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=--zxqjhOkBo

art0hur0moh

Posted Fri May 4th, 2012 12:48am Post subject: TRUST

there by i can trust that person will at some time in some manner demonstrate they are untrust worthy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQFpkqLI4GY&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=--zxqjhOkBo

ArleneA

Posted Fri May 4th, 2012 3:27am Post subject: TRUST

Actually I think YOUR idea of trust is at fault. You have absolutely no idea of the situation in which I have found my trust to be betrayed. I'll retain some dignity and leave it at that.

I am not condemning the betrayer for being a man; I am condemning the betrayer for not being honest. I cannot and will not abide DISHONESTY. To me that is shameful. I am worth more than that.

Like I said before you have no idea of the details of this broken trust, so please do not come on here and try and tell me otherwise.

Vinchy

Posted Fri Jun 1st, 2012 10:39pm Post subject: TRUST

We have to trust people. Really. But we have to understand, that real friends - are very rare in this world. Some people don'n find such people during whole life. We have to trust - but to the different degree.

Nitro

Posted Sat Jun 9th, 2012 3:24am Post subject: TRUST

I tend to reserve trust until I've had serveral hsared experiences with a person. After that, i guage wether they are able to handle only a superficial trust, a middling one, or the one that is more rare: the trust that gives you 100% confidence that they truly have your best interests at heart and will not betray or take advantage of the confidence you place in them.

I don't trust the same way for all people is what I mean. The depth and level of trust are very dependent on length of time in knowing them; or if they can keep a confidence; or many many other circumstances I could mentioned, but won't, as

Really? Wow.

Anthony Miller

Posted Wed Jun 13th, 2012 1:43pm Post subject: TRUST

Where's Doctor Frasier Crane when you need him?

http://www.pearshapedcomedy.com

Nitro

Posted Wed Jun 27th, 2012 1:55pm Post subject: TRUST

Always so nice to see you Anthony.

*cough*
*shuffle*

Oh, sorry. Must be a cold coming on.

Really? Wow.

joan

Posted Fri Aug 3rd, 2012 11:32pm Post subject: TRUST

Hope you're feeling better, Arlene.