Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

QiScorpion

Posted Sun Oct 5th, 2008 10:01pm Post subject: Um.... hi.
Hi. There doesn't appear to be a thread for introducing new members like myself. Um... so, here are I am. hi.

I know of Stephen Fry because of Kingdom (a whimsical series that is rather enjoyable to watch - will there be a 3rd series?) and QI (the first forum i ever joined and one on which i shall promote this place because it seems to be in the same vein - amicable and where people can talk without fear of being slagged off). On the QI forums Stephen Fry is often referred to as His Fryness - would that be acceptable on here?

As for his literary works, I tried reading "Making History" and couldn't get very far, but I now own "The Ode Less Travelled" not only for help with my A-level English literature but for the purposes of helping me with my poems in general. Certainly "Stephen Fry in America" looks quite interesting, from what I read in the Sunday Telegraph magazine article on it.

So that is my knowledge of Stephen Fry.

As for me I'm a spottyish 16 year old with a love of all things interesting. I play the piano and trombone. That's about it.

Hi.

fryfan20

Posted Sun Oct 5th, 2008 10:23pm Post subject: Um.... hi.
he, welcome to the forum

there is a introduction treat in general musings, if your still interested.
I think his fryness will be fine (he has been giving nicknames before).

for making history, I agree that the beginning is a difficult one but it will all make sense later and it is really worth the effort

I am what I am

ClareBear

Posted Sun Oct 5th, 2008 11:07pm Post subject: Um.... hi.
Welcome and graze happily.

QiScorpion

Posted Mon Oct 6th, 2008 8:00pm Post subject: Um.... hi.
he, welcome to the forum

there is a introduction treat in general musings, if your still interested.
I think his fryness will be fine (he has been giving nicknames before).

for making history, I agree that the beginning is a difficult one but it will all make sense later and it is really worth the effort

Ah, thank you! I must have missed that thread when i created the account last night. I chose the Qi forum because as a member of http://www.qi.com/talk/ it is the area i am most familiar with!

Has Mr Fry (i'll say that rather than His Fryness because Mr Fry sounds more polite) visited the Qi Forums? Perhaps that could be something everyone here could do, or perhaps should do? (i'm not forcing it on you, it's your own choice.)
Certainly a visit from Mr Fry would be very well received on there!

M-y-s-t-e-r-y

Posted Fri Oct 10th, 2008 5:01pm Post subject: Um.... hi.
Wow- There are qi forums?
"OH thats interesting!"

Hello (im relativly new too i will admit)
I've allways heard people call him "The Lovely" as in: The Lovely Stephen Fry

It sounds like an official title- what should he be in charge of?