Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

Rose

Posted Sun Dec 16th, 2012 8:23am Post subject: Unanswered Post Patrol

I saw a post that was four days old from someone clearly distressed. Does anyone want to join me in Patrolling the unanswered posts? (I sent a direct message to that one)(no response as yet).

I know we cannot offer any medical advice etc. But, a schoolteacher in our town hanged himself just 2 days ago in the classroom. No kids present, but one did find him. So distress and depression are raw topics with me (and the world re Newtown) at the moment. The least I can do is answer some posts. Maybe offer a little comfort and redirect to health services. Don't know. Can you help me patrol?

Rose

Posted Sun Dec 16th, 2012 8:32am Post subject: Unanswered Post Patrol

and on that note:

"Sometimes your joy is the source of your smile, but sometimes your smile can be the source of your joy."

Thich Nhat Hanh

A funny thing happened in the lift at work. A very large rough sort of looking man was cheerfully chatting away to all who entered at each floor. Yep, I thought he's out of the psych ward. Why is it SO unusual to talk to strangers in lifts. But lift my spirits he did, and I disembarked on the sixth floor with a promise to go home and look up "it's hard to be humble" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-07_2DWfEmQ
You will smile I promise!!