Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

wjcsibelius

Posted Wed Jan 16th, 2008 7:52pm Post subject: University Challenge Appearences
Hello, I'm William, and new to the website/forum.

I have been for a long time trying to find out whether there are any archives in the public domain, or on the internet, where one can find original episodes of Stephen appearing on university challenge. I was not born when he was on the show, but I've always wanted to watch the competitions that he has been in. Any help would be greatly appreciated, and I apologise in advance if I should have posted this elsewhere.

Anonymous

Unregistered

Posted Thu Jan 17th, 2008 12:07am Post subject: University Challenge Appearences
I'm not sure but a buddy of mine is currently on it, which makes me immensely proud.

Are you looking for when Mr. Fry appeared as a student ('81) or in his subsequent appearances in the celebrity editions? You might want to check out this page where there are photos of young Fry-as-a-student-competitor and scout out the related forums (link on the page) in case someone there has a computer file of what you seek.

wjcsibelius

Posted Thu Jan 17th, 2008 4:03pm Post subject: University Challenge Appearences
I'm looking for the '81 episode. I wondered if anyone knew whether it was on the internet, or available from anywhere else.

Anonymous

Unregistered

Posted Thu Jan 17th, 2008 4:11pm Post subject: University Challenge Appearences
I'm afraid I don't know where to find full '81 episodes. I'd suggest the link I already suggested or possibly contacting the BBC archives department.