Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

JVONEARTH

Posted Fri Mar 16th, 2007 10:39pm Post subject: Unlikely Manic Depressives
The reason for the title can anyone name a famous person who is manic depressive that other people would never dream they were Apart from those on the programme I know Spike Milligan was one and that's about all i know

meekychuppet

Posted Sat Mar 17th, 2007 5:07am Post subject: Unlikely Manic Depressives
Scott Weiland.

thesecretlifeofamanicdepressive

Posted Sun Mar 18th, 2007 7:24am Post subject: Unlikely Manic Depressives
Ben Stiller!

Anonymous

Unregistered

Posted Sun Mar 18th, 2007 3:56pm Post subject: Unlikely Manic Depressives
That was supposed to be a private message can i delete this post nee naw nee naw

JVONEARTH

Posted Sun Mar 18th, 2007 3:58pm Post subject: Unlikely Manic Depressives
I thought that was sent by mistake

Anonymous

Unregistered

Posted Sun Mar 18th, 2007 4:02pm Post subject: Unlikely Manic Depressives
yes apologies to all concerned.

meekychuppet

Posted Sun Mar 18th, 2007 5:00pm Post subject: Unlikely Manic Depressives
That was supposed to be a private message can i delete this post nee naw nee naw

If you took the time to learn to use the forum properly then this would not be happening.

boffinbabe12

Posted Sun Mar 18th, 2007 5:11pm Post subject: Unlikely Manic Depressives
If you took the time to learn to use the forum properly then this would not be happening.
Come on Meeky, that's harsh.

meekychuppet

Posted Sun Mar 18th, 2007 5:33pm Post subject: Unlikely Manic Depressives
Come on Meeky, that's harsh.

Not really. By not learning to use it properly there is potential embarrassment for Miss Seaneen. It's ridiculous. If you can't see the "delete" button over your own post then it's plain careless.

Anonymous

Unregistered

Posted Sun Mar 18th, 2007 5:49pm Post subject: Unlikely Manic Depressives
wot else useful have you got to say.

let's dissect that a little bit

"If you took the time to learn to use the forum properly then this would not be happening"

1. assumption - i haven't taken the time to learn the difference between post reply and private message.... WRONG i inadvertantly clicked th wrong button, and didn't notice .people do make mistakes

2.'properly' - implicit negative judgement

3. the whole sentence is a conditional judgement (if ... then) based on YOUR personal set of values

4 you are not owning your opinion ie (i think) that if etc

5 as the post following clearly says it was sent in error(as opposed to stupidity) you could have chosen not to read it, and if you did read the post it clearly contains my email address then you could have told me this privately, so looks like a little bit of power play to me, and maybe you should be sussing out what that need compensates for in your real life!

6. as you presumably have BD then maybe you could have commented constructively on the content, some of which will apply equally to you, especially the bit about precursor windows and choosing to permit the mood shift to change, and knowing why. it might make a difference to you, might take you out of the position i read in most of your posts that you are helpless in your disorder. you are not, honey.take my word for it.

The whole sentence is unfreidly, pretentious pomopous and basically unhelpful.

AND FINALLY WHO ASKED FOR YOUR OPINION ANYWAY MUPPET.

like i say why don't you put your considerable intellect (i mean that genuinely) and sometime eloquent wordstyle into something more productive and less judgemental.

Yes you have made me angry, and yes i don't care, i have a fucking diagnosis as long as your arm mate, so hav a bit of erspect for those with mental disorders.

Chris Budden in CHELTENHAM

boffinbabe12

Posted Sun Mar 18th, 2007 5:53pm Post subject: Unlikely Manic Depressives
Woohoo! Go Chris!

Anonymous

Unregistered

Posted Sun Mar 18th, 2007 5:55pm Post subject: Unlikely Manic Depressives
given that it was unfortunate and once sent unavoidable, there is nothing (by intention) that is revealed about Miss S that she has not revealed herself on her blog.

It is unfortunate but it has not revealed anything not alredady known except that she and i have dialogued and details of my own life - which your welcome to know.

so apologies all round, shit happens get over it an move on. we all have choices

chris

meekychuppet

Posted Sun Mar 18th, 2007 5:56pm Post subject: Unlikely Manic Depressives
wot else useful have you got to say.

let's dissect that a little bit

"If you took the time to learn to use the forum properly then this would not be happening"

1. assumption - i haven't taken the time to learn the difference between post reply and private message.... WRONG i inadvertantly clicked th wrong button, and didn't notice .people do make mistakes

2.'properly' - implicit negative judgement

3. the whole sentence is a conditional judgement (if ... then) based on YOUR personal set of values

4 you are not owning your opinion ie (i think) that if etc

5 as the post following clearly says it was sent in error(as opposed to stupidity) you could have chosen not to read it, and if you did read the post it clearly contains my email address then you could have told me this privately, so looks like a little bit of power play to me, and maybe you should be sussing out what that need compensates for in your real life!

6. as you presumably have BD then maybe you could have commented constructively on the content, some of which will apply equally to you, especially the bit about precursor windows and choosing to permit the mood shift to change, and knowing why. it might make a difference to you, might take you out of the position i read in most of your posts that you are helpless in your disorder. you are not, honey.take my word for it.

The whole sentence is unfreidly, pretentious pomopous and basically unhelpful.

AND FINALLY WHO ASKED FOR YOUR OPINION ANYWAY MUPPET.

like i say why don't you put your considerable intellect (i mean that genuinely) and sometime eloquent wordstyle into something more productive and less judgemental.

Yes you have made me angry, and yes i don't care, i have a fucking diagnosis as long as your arm mate, so hav a bit of erspect for those with mental disorders.

Chris Budden in CHELTENHAM

I don't care what your diagnosis is. Drop the victim complex and learn to use the forum properly. If you don't want people's opinions then posting on a public message board is the last thing you should be doing.

I haven't commented on the content because I realised it wasn't meant for public eyes. You might be happy with it being public but Miss Seaneen. My point, rather than assumption, is that you haven't learnt what the "delete" button is there for. It is not an assumption because you have proved it.

This reaction of yours is completely ridiculous.

Anonymous

Unregistered

Posted Sun Mar 18th, 2007 6:01pm Post subject: Unlikely Manic Depressives
whatever

Anonymous

Unregistered

Posted Sun Mar 18th, 2007 7:29pm Post subject: Unlikely Manic Depressives
Dear Meeky Chuppet

i have searched in vain for the destruct button, i even went to other websites to see if it had got mislaid there somewhere.

always being willing to learn from those with greater knowledge you are welcome to explain to me how to perform this operation, by pm, forum post, email, mobile, or sheer force of personality, as now you and the rest of the world has quite a choice of contact details.

you could do me a favour if you want., or not, if you want.

by the way there are no victims in this household, just people trying to get on

Stay cool

chris