Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

Help

Posted Thu Feb 19th, 2009 3:46pm Post subject: (Un)Official Beer 'n' booze thread
Beer? No, no, no, good quality, room temperature cider. If you ever find one made with the Kingston Black apple, be prepared for an Ambrosiian experience. and a taxi home.
I'm more of a Strongbow fan.
Yep, that says a lot about me.

gadgetgirl

Posted Thu Feb 19th, 2009 3:49pm Post subject: (Un)Official Beer 'n' booze thread
I fear that a bad hangover experience has left me unable to drink cider at all. Perhaps I'd have a James May style renaissance if I had some good stuff though. I've tried Perry and it didn't do a lot for me.

That would be me.

TobiasMonk

Posted Thu Feb 19th, 2009 6:48pm Post subject: (Un)Official Beer 'n' booze thread
I fear that a bad hangover experience has a hangover has left me unable to drink cider at all.

Ugh, that's how I am with gin, can't touch it now.

I cannot be awake for nothing looks to me as it did before, Or else I am awake for the first time, and all before has been a mean sleep.
Walt Whitman

PamJH

Posted Fri Feb 20th, 2009 4:13am Post subject: (Un)Official Beer 'n' booze thread
Beer? No, no, no, good quality, room temperature cider. If you ever find one made with the Kingston Black apple, be prepared for an Ambrosiian experience. and a taxi home.

My spouse is currently making another batch of hard cider in the basement. I've smelled the stuff and I think I could power rockets with it. He gives it to people as gifts. I have no idea if anyone actually drinks it or uses it to clean engine batteries.

Katrina

Posted Fri Feb 20th, 2009 7:30am Post subject: (Un)Official Beer 'n' booze thread
Want to know the CRAP I just drank? A couple of Keystone Lights and a cup of a lemonade/vodka/beer combo. It was a fraternity function, though, so if was about what I expected.

Good party, though...

Open to suggestions as to what my sig should consist of...

canuckuk

Posted Fri Feb 20th, 2009 10:34am Post subject: (Un)Official Beer 'n' booze thread
Ah yes, the ironclad constitution of youth. I remember well. X

Maxx England

Posted Fri Feb 20th, 2009 4:23pm Post subject: (Un)Official Beer 'n' booze thread
Strongbow? Strongbow ? The only reason I ever drink that stuff is if the only alternative available is that truly dreadful "maiden's water" called Magners.

Pam, what apples is he using? And is his scratter electric or has he got an old stone one? [/i]

The only way is forward. Now where's the bar?

PamJH

Posted Fri Feb 20th, 2009 6:08pm Post subject: (Un)Official Beer 'n' booze thread
Strongbow? Strongbow ? The only reason I ever drink that stuff is if the only alternative available is that truly dreadful "maiden's water" called Magners.

Pam, what apples is he using? And is his scratter electric or has he got an old stone one? [/i]

Apples? If only he used apples. He buys really cheap apple juice and with a combination of plastic tubing, glass jugs and crockery jugs and some other substances he won't reveal to me, he makes this crap. I almost wish I could buy him the correct supplies and a book to guide him. Then at least his little hobby would be drinkable. Either that, or we need to set up a still in the back 40 and make corn squeezins'.

However, we do have two bars around here that brew their own beer and deliver it as far as Chicago and Detroit. I think that's called a microbrewery. Fo myself, the one and only time I visited London I was treated to bitter. It was delicious and I wanted to chug it, but fortunately more sober heads prevailed. I wish I could find that stuff here.

TobiasMonk

Posted Fri Feb 20th, 2009 6:16pm Post subject: (Un)Official Beer 'n' booze thread
Either that, or we need to set up a still in the back 40 and make corn squeezins'.

Now you're talking

I cannot be awake for nothing looks to me as it did before, Or else I am awake for the first time, and all before has been a mean sleep.
Walt Whitman

PamJH

Posted Fri Feb 20th, 2009 6:19pm Post subject: (Un)Official Beer 'n' booze thread
Either that, or we need to set up a still in the back 40 and make corn squeezins'.

Now you're talking

Well, Tobias, Granny Clampett (alias my spouse) said if I could find a recipe for squeezin's on the internet he might be willing to try it. All we'd have to worry about are the revenuers. That's all we need - more explosions.

TobiasMonk

Posted Fri Feb 20th, 2009 6:29pm Post subject: (Un)Official Beer 'n' booze thread

Now you're talking

Well, Tobias, Granny Clampett (alias my spouse) said if I could find a recipe for squeezin's on the internet he might be willing to try it. All we'd have to worry about are the revenuers. That's all we need - more explosions.

Round these parts Granny Daisy May Clampett is considered a sage X-D so let me know if you want me to ask around about that recipe.

Walt Whitman

PamJH

Posted Fri Feb 20th, 2009 6:41pm Post subject: (Un)Official Beer 'n' booze thread

Now you're talking

Round these parts Granny Daisy May Clampett is considered a sage X-D so let me know if you want me to ask around about that recipe.

Ya'll are too kind. If you find one let me know (I never know when you're kidding!) and if it works, I'll send you some in a brown jug.

TobiasMonk

Posted Fri Feb 20th, 2009 8:14pm Post subject: (Un)Official Beer 'n' booze thread

Now you're talking

Ya'll are too kind. If you find one let me know (I never know when you're kidding!) and if it works, I'll send you some in a brown jug.

I'm serious, about the Clampetts and the recipe! X-D I try to have a good time even when serious!

Walt Whitman

Help

Posted Fri Feb 20th, 2009 8:43pm Post subject: (Un)Official Beer 'n' booze thread

Urgh, even a Strongbow fan like myself admits that Magners is "truly dreadful"
Strongbow is easy to drink, it doesn't really taste like alcohol, you know make you pull a funny face when you drink it. I really like Newcastle Brown (obviously I know that's not a cider ) but it's only after the first few that the initial taste becomes most pleasing

PamJH

Posted Sat Feb 21st, 2009 2:53am Post subject: (Un)Official Beer 'n' booze thread

Now you're talking

I'm serious, about the Clampetts and the recipe! X-D I try to have a good time even when serious!

Hey, if you can get me a little ole recipe that actually works, I'd be mighty grateful to ya'll.