Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

ClareBear

Posted Fri Jun 1st, 2007 10:41pm Post subject: Upcoming Radio fun....
As pilfered shamelessly from the pages of Radio Times:

Thursday 6th June, BBC Radio 4 (FM only), 11:30am

Current Puns

Who else but the beautifully spoken Stephen Fry could get away with redefining the word "countryside" as "the murder of Piers Morgan"?
His history of the British fondness for wordplay creates an obscene yet deliciously tawdry opportunity for some truly pun-full examples

Now......If someone wants to record that, convert it to MP3 then bung it online so I can grab it, that'd be awesome.

AxmxZ

Posted Fri Jun 1st, 2007 11:00pm Post subject: Upcoming Radio fun....
>Who else but the beautifully spoken Stephen Fry could get away with redefining the word "countryside" as "the murder of Piers Morgan"?

I remember that from 'I'm Sorry I Haven't a Clue." Can't recall what episode he said it on, though...

I always get a huge kick out of hearing Stephen persistently mispronounce the word "count". Is this a dialect thing or a personal idiosyncrasy?

Norfolkian

Posted Sat Jun 2nd, 2007 9:49am Post subject: Upcoming Radio fun....
Stephen is also on the first episode of the new series of I'm Sorry I Haven't a Clue on Monday.

ClareBear

Posted Tue Jun 5th, 2007 12:05am Post subject: Upcoming Radio fun....
Bumping...

Gertrude Susanne

Posted Wed Jun 6th, 2007 8:27am Post subject: Upcoming Radio fun....
Stephen is also on the first episode of the new series of I'm Sorry I Haven't a Clue on Monday.

Tried to listen to it via the "LIsten Again", but could not :'( :'( - must be that awful Vista software getting in the way I even downloaded it, but my player cannot play ram-files

Is there a chance to find it it as mp3 on the internet (I know there is a website, but most of the time I get the message that the page cannot be accessed. It had all the ISIHAC episodes on it as mp3-files... )

The Current Pun programme was even announced yesterday evening, right after QI

amyl_nitrate

Posted Wed Jun 6th, 2007 6:01pm Post subject: Upcoming Radio fun....
Here's a link to download the episode:

http://www.mediafire.com/?6hwzvsvcwem

I haven't listened to it yet. Supposed to be a good one if what they're saying on the imdb boards is anything to go by.

The listen again player has been acting dodgy for over a week now. It refuses to play half the time. This happened last summer as well. Just crashing and refusing to play all the time. Lasted about a month before it got back to normal. Maybe it's an annual maintenance thing that's going on that they don't tell us about?

Assuming direct control...

Gertrude Susanne

Posted Wed Jun 6th, 2007 7:54pm Post subject: Upcoming Radio fun....
Here's a link to download the episode:

http://www.mediafire.com/?6hwzvsvcwem

I haven't listened to it yet. Supposed to be a good one if what they're saying on the imdb boards is anything to go by.

The listen again player has been acting dodgy for over a week now. It refuses to play half the time. This happened last summer as well. Just crashing and refusing to play all the time. Lasted about a month before it got back to normal. Maybe it's an annual maintenance thing that's going on that they don't tell us about?

that is soo sweet of you amyl-nitrate. Unfortunately all I get is the message: "Database connection failed! This error has been forwarded to MediaFire's development team." Not my day today :'( Perhaps I´ll try again later, as is suggested. Thanks sooo much anyway!!!!

Oh I see, so it may not be my computer, although I have come to the conclusion that it usually is, I HATE vista

amyl_nitrate

Posted Wed Jun 6th, 2007 8:07pm Post subject: Upcoming Radio fun....
I'll just add it wasn't me who uploaded the file, I just saw it linked on imdb. I don't know how to record shows off of digital radio. I wish I could that would be cool.

Gertrude Susanne

Posted Wed Jun 6th, 2007 8:42pm Post subject: Upcoming Radio fun....
Oh no, amyl_nitrate! I know it´s not your fault !!
Downloading programmes off of digital radio.... that´d be great, indeed

amyl_nitrate

Posted Thu Jun 7th, 2007 3:42pm Post subject: Upcoming Radio fun....
I've listened to it now. It's very funny. Aww poor Stephen having to sing. He always sounds like he's going to die when they mention the singing round. He got a really big applause after his attempt too. I loved his jokes about what Tony Blair and Bill Gates would never say. X-D

Gertrude Susanne

Posted Thu Jun 7th, 2007 6:45pm Post subject: Upcoming Radio fun....
I've listened to it now. It's very funny. Aww poor Stephen having to sing. He always sounds like he's going to die when they mention the singing round. He got a really big applause after his attempt too. I loved his jokes about what Tony Blair and Bill Gates would never say. X-D

Wow, I am going green with envy (still can´t manage to listen to it or download it, dammit )
Poor Stephen having to sing

but I have just listened to "Current Puns" which was great fun. I´ll have to listen to it again. Very informative and hilarious at times. Not being a native speaker, I take a little longer to cotton on to the puns,...

One of my favourites:
"I don´t know what to buy at the supermarket" said Tom listlessly X-D X-D

And Mr Fry´s pun:
What is the definition of mistress - something between a mister and a matress

And, NO, listening to the programme was not "too punful" - it was funful X-D

Maniac

Posted Thu Jun 7th, 2007 8:35pm Post subject: Upcoming Radio fun....
lmao
Thanks.
The singing was so funny.
Poor thing.
lmao

Gertrude Susanne

Posted Fri Jun 8th, 2007 8:15am Post subject: Upcoming Radio fun....
I somehow managed to download it as well - at last
Oh, it was soo funny. I think Stephen´s singing was quite good.
The "write-a-letter" round was hilarious - I have to listen to that again, I think I missed half of it because I could not stop laughing (those funny voices...)

I wish I could share the Current Pun with you guys, but I taped it on my old tape recorder (very old-fashioned) I hope someone will be so kind as to provide an mp3 file

Britannicus

Posted Fri Jun 8th, 2007 10:04am Post subject: Upcoming Radio fun....
I'm going to try and listen to it...is it safe to listen to at two a.m.? Well...eh...we'll see.

"Your room...it's CLEAN!!!"
"I prayed to God...and...it happened...but...where's my million dollars and horse!? Damn it!"

Britannicus

Posted Fri Jun 8th, 2007 10:57am Post subject: Upcoming Radio fun....
Not safe! Not safe! X-D

I had oatmeal to stuff my mouth with the first half of it, but then I ran out. Ah well, the other people in the house can't be angry at me for too long.

"Your room...it's CLEAN!!!"
"I prayed to God...and...it happened...but...where's my million dollars and horse!? Damn it!"