Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

Nitro

Posted Mon Sep 21st, 2009 5:19am Post subject: Useless Whining

Pam! So good to see you commenting Dearest one.

Really? Wow.

PamJH

Posted Mon Sep 21st, 2009 12:57pm Post subject: Useless Whining

Well, I saw Charles Bronson and he told me I'd better or else. It's hard to find new topic threads these days. I have to go looking for them now. I really wish we could have the "View Recent Posts" feature back again.

quantumofire

Posted Mon Sep 21st, 2009 2:31pm Post subject: Useless Whining

rachelgrr said:
You know what Nitro? I'm with you on this one! I have a friend who is constantly complaining about her health, yet she does nothing about it but pop pills her stupid and uneducated doctor gives her without question. She does not care for herself physically, mentally, emotionally, or spiritually, yet I (and her other friends) take the brunt of her CONSTANT complaining. I have gently suggested she look into alternative treatments for her multiple problems only to be responded to with a "Not now."

Whateverrrr....so the next time you start complaining again I'm going to say "Not now."

If you don't like your life, or the things around you, DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Complaining and venting is good (and highly effective at the time), but over time ACTION is needed!!!!!

That's just my 2 cents. Life is just too short to spend it complaining about things you are too lazy to try and change. And even if you can't change them, change your attitude about them and you'd be amazed at what happens!

Rachel

I know exactly what you mean rachelgrr, I used to know someone exactly like that who also had periodic phantom pregnancies and suffered from phantom fleas attacks...the joke soon wore thin.

The problem is, with people like these, sometimes you have to work with them, which makes it's worse. Especially since many years back I was diagnosed with a medical condition that means I suffer permanently from varying degrees of pain and discomfort,sometimes excruciating. The thing is, there is nothing that can be done about it...so I just live with it, and make the most better times.

People like your friend are purely attention seeker - look at me, look at me, can't you see how much I'm suffering...ad nauseum , like my phantom infestation friend. Just shrug and smile or...but, I don't recommend you breaking the law by...

As for complaining...at one place I worked there was this woman who was being harassed by one of the team leaders. She was too afraid to report him in case she lost her job, and the other staff just shrugged and did nothing. So I went to see personnel about him and before long half the staff were knocking on their doors with complains about him.
He ended up being moved to another department, then left the store all together. I was only a temp at the time and thought they would not renew my contract...but yippee, I ended up working there another five years, while he did not.

http://quantumofire.blogspot.com/

Breaking contradictions in his mind was, to him, like walking through a winter forest snapping twigs underfoot.