Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

Mandibles

Posted Mon Feb 11th, 2008 8:40pm Post subject: Usernames....
You're so lucky getting to meet Stephen and getting to talk to him!

Hee Hee, I asked him if he remembered where the name "Mandibles" came from in the show and he couldn't remember. He was all,
"Ermm, Umm...Uhh..ermm.."

and then when I told him Stephen went,

"OH YEAH! I remember that! *lol*"

Eeee.

Natalie: "Are you finished with your coffee cup Stephen?"
Stephen: "Yes Natalie darling I am, although it's not a coffee cup, it's a teacup..."

*5 minute debate later*

Result: The contents of the cup do not determine the name of the cup. The cup is a cup/mug whether it contains tea/coffee/ribena/hot chocolate or any other beverage.

amyl_nitrate

Posted Mon Feb 11th, 2008 8:55pm Post subject: Usernames....
You're so lucky getting to meet Stephen and getting to talk to him!

Hee Hee, I asked him if he remembered where the name "Mandibles" came from in the show and he couldn't remember. He was all,
"Ermm, Umm...Uhh..ermm.."

and then when I told him Stephen went,

"OH YEAH! I remember that! *lol*"

Eeee.

Eee! He's such a cutie I'd struggle to resist the urge to glomp a forgetful Stephen!

Assuming direct control...

j9r

Posted Wed Feb 13th, 2008 4:25am Post subject: Usernames....
Not really that interesting.......

It's short way of doing my name - j9 = Jea - nine = jeanine
R = my last name.

A guy I knew 20 years ago starting calling me J9 and it stuck - so much so that a friend I have had all these years calls me J. which is actually short for j9.

---j

"I'm from New Jersey, if the world ended today, I'd adjust" - John Gorka

Anonymous

Unregistered

Posted Wed Feb 13th, 2008 7:46am Post subject: Usernames....

R = my last name.

A guy I knew 20 years ago starting calling me J9 and it stuck - so much so that a friend I have had all these years calls me J. which is actually short for j9.

Any relation?

LilyG

Posted Wed Feb 13th, 2008 11:35am Post subject: Usernames....

R = my last name.

Any relation?

HAhahahhahahahaha, John Steed is made of pure WIN!

amyl_nitrate

Posted Wed Feb 13th, 2008 1:07pm Post subject: Usernames....
I'm not as big a fan of the Avengers as I am of other TV shows, but I think that Patrick MacNee's character was the epitome of an English gentleman, unlike that cad James Bond. A gentleman is a wonderful thing to aspire to be, even if no-one has quite succeeded outside the world of fiction. Stephen Fry comes damn close though, which is why I chose an appropriately gentlemanly alias for this forum. I've since started using it elsewhere too.

James Bond a gentlemen oh no. He's sleeps around way too much and is a womaniser yuck! No cool films and all but he's not what I'd call relationship material. I remember an episode of QI where Stephen Fry talked about how Peter Cushing was a true gentlemen it was like he was from another age, like he would take a lady's hand. ^_^

Assuming direct control...

avoidz

Posted Thu Feb 14th, 2008 4:27am Post subject: Usernames....
Hi all.

I saw my username in a mag review back in the late 1980s. It was the last word in a review of a computer game called "Droidz" (21% out of 100%). I thought it was amusing at the same!

(It also might reflect a part of my personality, being a shy quiet sort of person.)

guru

Posted Thu Feb 14th, 2008 1:23pm Post subject: Usernames....
I've been called Guru since I was 12 (Now almost 26). I know people who don't even know my real name, as I'm just introduced to people as Guru. Even my parents occasionally use it sometimes.

st.bipolar

Posted Thu Feb 14th, 2008 1:31pm Post subject: Usernames....
my user name is fairly self explanatory lol

JSKanga84

Posted Thu Feb 14th, 2008 7:47pm Post subject: Usernames....
Mine is WAY less interesting. When I was little, I loved kangaroos-- even though I've never lived outside of TX-- go figure.
Anyway, my username is simply my initials + favorite animal + year of birth.

WhyGenTom

Posted Thu Feb 14th, 2008 8:05pm Post subject: Usernames....
my username from a band called 'peroxwhy?gen' - pure oxygen / a generation of people who ask too many questions.. so i nabbed the second part

ratoutofhell

Posted Thu Feb 14th, 2008 9:12pm Post subject: Usernames....
Mine was originally thought up for an email address, then I started using it on forums. People tend to assume it's because I like Meat Loaf, but although I do have a copy of that album I'm not really that much of a fan. It's all about the rats, really. And I thought it sounded good.

"If you are dirty, insignificant and unloved then rats are the ultimate role model" - Banksy

cakebelly

Posted Thu Feb 14th, 2008 11:12pm Post subject: Usernames....
A house mate (at college) suggested that I was developing something of a beer-belly, outraged (as I am not much of a drinker - just the crystal-meth for me) I rejoined (rather hotly): " that's not a beer-belly", as I cupped my mini-mound in loving hands, "that's a cakebelly!". It was the truth and it still is.

j9r

Posted Fri Feb 15th, 2008 2:52am Post subject: Usernames....

R = my last name.

Any relation?

HAhahahhahahahaha, John Steed is made of pure WIN!

I fortunately have I better body - probably one of the few times I can say that. In 20 years it never occurred to me the K9 - J9 relationship.......let alone the Dr. Who connection - I knew I always disliked that dog..........

---j

"I'm from New Jersey, if the world ended today, I'd adjust" - John Gorka

Panja

Posted Fri Feb 15th, 2008 3:26am Post subject: Usernames....
Seeing as I can never seem to explain anything without an unnecessarily longwinded explanation, hold on to your seats for a minute and here goes: I love cats, and so many years ago when I was trying to decide on what my email address should be, I got a little too creative combining a bunch of different wild cat names and came up with 'panja_ticouli_lecheet' (being panther, jaguar, tiger, cougar, lion, leopard, and cheetah), but decided that was the worst email address that ever would be, so I scrapped it and went with something else. Just recently, for some reason, I decided I was sick of my usual usernames and I remembered my old attempt at an email and I like the sound of Panja, so now I use it whenever I sign up somewhere new.

Now why couldn't I just say "I made it up, it's a mashup of panther and jaguar" and leave it at that? 'Cause I'm a rambler, that's why.