Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

ClareBear

Posted Wed Oct 15th, 2008 7:39pm Post subject: V2 Bug Reporting
found a bug? please let us know.

Clare.

amyl_nitrate

Posted Thu Oct 16th, 2008 10:00am Post subject: V2 Bug Reporting
I'm not sure if it counts and I'm supposed to post it here but i've noticed there are no individual page links for threads with multiple pages. So for threads with multiple pages like Fry-a-Day you're taken straight to page one and then have to get to where you want within the thread. Also there's no emoticons menu.

Assuming direct control...

Soupy Twist

Posted Thu Oct 16th, 2008 10:11am Post subject: V2 Bug Reporting
Amyl, I was just about to write the same, only you were faster

Presactly

Posted Thu Oct 16th, 2008 10:15am Post subject: V2 Bug Reporting
Hello, i only registered with the site yesterday so that might make a difference, but i tried to login on this page:
http://www.stephenfry.com/blog/wp-login.php?redire.....F%3Fp%3D61

And i kept getting told my username was not recognised. I did get the confirmation email and verified the account. However i have just posted this message so i am not sure if i am logged in or not!

Rob

Fryphile

Member *

Posted Thu Oct 16th, 2008 2:32pm Post subject: V2 Bug Reporting
Saw a spider in my kitchen this morning.

I think of myself as someone who is filled with love, whose only purpose in life was to achieve love. - Stephen Fry

Khalaris

Posted Thu Oct 16th, 2008 3:04pm Post subject: V2 Bug Reporting
Saw a spider in my kitchen this morning.

Which isn't actually a bug

KenJ

Posted Fri Oct 17th, 2008 4:04am Post subject: V2 Bug Reporting
Getting a format error in the XML. Assuming the old URL is still valid, getting:

An invalid character was found in text content.
Line: 135 Character: 312

For the past six months, Stephen has been filming a new series in America for the BBC. The idea is to visit every one of the fifty states that make up that great union. The series examines the individuality of each state and also delights in getting to know Americans, whom are so much more than wearisome clich

If there's a new URL for the XML file, could you make it a bit more obvious?

Thanks.

amyl_nitrate

Posted Fri Oct 17th, 2008 9:13am Post subject: V2 Bug Reporting
I still cannot access this site from home (tried before I left for uni). I just get the blue screen with the box still. :'( I feel like a dog who's had their bone snatched from them. Is this happening with just Virgin users or other people as well? I kow it takes time to sort these things out but I don't really understand how it works and why other people can get on. I don't really understand how it works or what it means.

ClareBear

Posted Fri Oct 17th, 2008 9:39am Post subject: V2 Bug Reporting
Virgin's DNS servers haven't updated then. Mine didn't work properly until now, it just takes time, unfortunately.

amyl_nitrate

Posted Fri Oct 17th, 2008 9:54am Post subject: V2 Bug Reporting
Virgin's DNS servers haven't updated then. Mine didn't work properly until now, it just takes time, unfortunately.

Oh. *sad* Back to waiting then. Well I have to dash off now so I'll see everyone on twitter and facebook who's on those two later then.

Fryphile

Member *

Posted Fri Oct 17th, 2008 2:33pm Post subject: V2 Bug Reporting
I've had the same problem at home, amyl.

I think of myself as someone who is filled with love, whose only purpose in life was to achieve love. - Stephen Fry

Fryphile

Member *

Posted Sat Oct 18th, 2008 5:35am Post subject: V2 Bug Reporting
Seems to be fixed on my end. Thanks.

amyl_nitrate

Posted Sat Oct 18th, 2008 11:23am Post subject: V2 Bug Reporting
Mine too. Yay. We're both here Fryphile in the magical kingdom of fluff.

amyl_nitrate

Posted Sat Oct 18th, 2008 1:30pm Post subject: V2 Bug Reporting
Some oddities I've noticed - all over the board in various boards the thread links don't work if you click on them or scroll the mouse over them (i.e. cursor doesn't turn into hand) but when you move your cursor up above the thread link a duplicate appears over the above thread and you click on that. Another thing I've noticed in random threads is the links above and below (usually one or the other) to the main board and the board you're in do not work at all and do not even do that weird duplicate effect the thread links on the board do. Another oddity I've noticed is when you scroll down a board or thread too quickly the board or thread jumbles up and displaces sideways sometimes (e.g. on main forum page a board might not align with the rest like in a jenga game or something) or text doubles over each other so it's unreadable.

Solitaire

Posted Sun Oct 19th, 2008 12:46am Post subject: V2 Bug Reporting
Found a bug

Won't affect most people but....

When i try to view the site on my Nokia N95 the left hand side of the page is missing..

Everything left of the "V" in "Audio Video" is off the left hand side of the screen and it will not let me scroll to the left.

This happens in Nokia's built in browser and using Opera Mobile browser.