Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

fryfan20

Posted Tue Apr 22nd, 2008 10:29pm Post subject: verry nervous
i am here because i can't sleep and the reason for that is that i have to go to school tomorow and do a presentation and i am bad in that, verry bad.
as soon as i stand in front of the class i start to sweat and stutter and i feel like a idiot. i know that there is nothing to be afraid of, that nothing bad will happen but i cant help it. maby i will just not show up for it this time, maby they will forget that i had to do it. that woud be nice but that doesn't happen.

I am what I am

Britannicus

Posted Tue Apr 22nd, 2008 11:48pm Post subject: verry nervous
The same thing happened to me today. Try going for a quick walk before you present. When you're in class, look around to see if anyone else is nervous -- you most likely will see some who are visibly so. Most people get at least a little jittery before a presentation. Maybe you could joke with each other about how silly it is to be so nervous; the laughter works wonders on nerves.

If you're REALLY nervous, perhaps you could volunteer first to get it over with. Or perhaps let just a few people go ahead of you (but not the whole class). Pay close attention to their presentations, and notice all the little things they do that aren't so great or detract from the point. Make note of them on your own presentation notes and vow not to make the same mistakes. They twitch their leg, they're too brief/not brief enough, their voice is monotone, etc. Sometimes it can really help relax you if you know that, at the very least, you can do better than they did with when it comes to that specific problem.

I was really, really nervous this morning, I woke up several times during the night because of it. But it ended up being just fine. However, if it doesn't turn out that great, don't be too hard on yourself. It happens and people forget who did what and how well pretty darn quickly.

"Your room...it's CLEAN!!!"
"I prayed to God...and...it happened...but...where's my million dollars and horse!? Damn it!"

fryfan20

Posted Wed Apr 23rd, 2008 7:31pm Post subject: verry nervous
thank you for your verry kind words, that was verry nice of you.
i'm sorry that i was complaining so much about this.
i think it went not so well but my teacher said that it was good.
again thank you and sorry

I am what I am