Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

Andrew Sampson

Administrator

Posted Thu Aug 6th, 2009 6:05pm Post subject: Version 2.1 (as of 6th August 2009) Bug reports

Hi guys, As you will have ascertained, we've changed the Forum and indeed the entire site to WordPress. Please report your bugs here. Simonwheatley (username) will address your concerns. Anything major, let Clare or me know. Best as ever, Andy Sampson

Mr Steed

Posted Thu Aug 6th, 2009 6:13pm Post subject: Version 2.1 (as of 6th August 2009) Bug reports

EVERYTHING is major.

1) Stickies have gone - these are of vital importance in the SLOTMD thread where some are for people with Bipolar Disorder in need of help.

2) Cannot view my own provate profile - don't know about anyone else

3) No avatars or sigs

4) Cannot reply with a quote

5) Strange numbers preceding Edit/Delete which sometimes appear instead of a date next to someone's post

6) Cannot view anyone's profile, come to that

7) Cannot access memberlists

Threads appear to have vanished, leading to accusations against mods

9) Some threads are now too wide for the screen and posts are partly obscured by the ads on the right hand side

More I cannot yet ascertain, but this appears to be the most disastrous occurence for some time.

Andrew Sampson

Administrator

Posted Thu Aug 6th, 2009 6:25pm Post subject: Version 2.1 (as of 6th August 2009) Bug reports

Thank you, we will calmly and methodically work through each issue. Thank you for your notes Mr Steed.

ginj

Member *

Posted Thu Aug 6th, 2009 6:33pm Post subject: Version 2.1 (as of 6th August 2009) Bug reports

I do believe that the "stickied" threads and the ability to communicate with each other through PM's were important to many of the members (myself included). I would also like a way to view other members profiles. I must admit that I have never seen a forum without those features. It is also a shame that some threads that people have invested time, care or research into no longer appear on the forum.

Nick, I do have an option to Quote and Reply on the top of each person's post. Don't know if that helps you. *insert shrugging smiley*

Andrew Sampson

Administrator

Posted Thu Aug 6th, 2009 6:40pm Post subject: Version 2.1 (as of 6th August 2009) Bug reports

We'll try to get everything back guys or at least adaptations. I know it doesn't seem to make alot of sense but the forum in the old format wasn't able to talk to the rest of the website. We wanted everyone to be able to log in with a single username.

Of course, we realise that the aspects above at vital to the forum's life so of course, we'll work hard on them. We haven't abandoned them and it will only be a few hours if not a day or two until everything is up and running swimmingly.

I'm sure we can all handle that can't we? Hope so.

x
Andy

Mr Steed

Posted Thu Aug 6th, 2009 6:41pm Post subject: Version 2.1 (as of 6th August 2009) Bug reports

<cite>ginj said:</cite>
I do believe that the "stickied" threads and the ability to communicate with each other through PM's were important to many of the members (myself included). I would also like a way to view other members profiles. I must admit that I have never seen a forum without those features. It is also a shame that some threads that people have invested time, care or research into no longer appear on the forum.

Nick, I do have an option to Quote and Reply on the top of each person's post. Don't know if that helps you. *insert shrugging smiley*

I believe you will see from my quoting your post that it is not working as it did. Good point about smilies too - they appear to have gone.

ginj

Member *

Posted Thu Aug 6th, 2009 6:42pm Post subject: Version 2.1 (as of 6th August 2009) Bug reports

That sounds good, Andrew. Thank you.

ETA: The quote appears to work the same. My quote appears in a box, with your comments underneath. It now says "cite" instead of quote. Also now, when you click on the "said" in the quote it takes you to the original post (which I kind of like *insert winking smiley*).

Mr Steed

Posted Thu Aug 6th, 2009 6:44pm Post subject: Version 2.1 (as of 6th August 2009) Bug reports

We will patiently wait and hope that these issues can be resolved, but the one issue which can't be resolved is the complete lack of forewarning.

Firlefanz

Posted Thu Aug 6th, 2009 6:46pm Post subject: Version 2.1 (as of 6th August 2009) Bug reports

the forum log out doesn't work, whereas the Clubfry log out does.
Also, some threads seem to have lost posts?
Oh, and links open in the same window... that was different before, no?

Cheers.

Andrew Sampson

Administrator

Posted Thu Aug 6th, 2009 6:54pm Post subject: Version 2.1 (as of 6th August 2009) Bug reports

I did Tweet about it Mr Steed but nonetheless, my apologies.

Can't do much about it now other than say sorry and try to fix the issues.

Andy

Julia from Bristol

Posted Thu Aug 6th, 2009 7:02pm Post subject: Version 2.1 (as of 6th August 2009) Bug reports

Thank you for posting Andy. It's good to know you know, if you know what I mean!! Just wanted to ask about the email alerts when replies have been posted -they don't seem to be working either.

Thanks again & good luck!!

I have a cunning plan!

Simon Wheatley

Administrator

Posted Thu Aug 6th, 2009 7:23pm Post subject: Version 2.1 (as of 6th August 2009) Bug reports

Hi, I'm the web developer responsible for moving this site over to a unified platform and thus I'm the person responsible for the issues you're experiencing right now. We will get through your issues and problems as soon as we can, and we hope you'll bear with us while we do that.

Thanks very much for all the bug reports you've added so far, and for the ones I'm sure you'll be adding soon... the more detail the better and quicker I can fix the issues.

Thanks again.

Simon

tito

Member *

Posted Thu Aug 6th, 2009 7:24pm Post subject: Version 2.1 (as of 6th August 2009) Bug reports

Just came back to have a quick look and see what goes on.

It seems the 'spirit of the blitz' is required for a day or two!

Well, we best give it a chance then. I just hope that everything is as easily usable as it was before! (Insert smiley smiley) and we get our lovely smileys back. (Insert Mr Green)

Julia from Bristol: Our three word story from this morning, an epic novel of how it is illegal to use a spoonful of sugar to stop people from laughing during sex, has gone!!!!!

It had shades of Dickens and midway, I felt, Tolstoy.

We must hope it comes back so we can get it in for the Booker prize!

(Insert Mr Cool smiley)

Simon Wheatley

Administrator

Posted Thu Aug 6th, 2009 7:24pm Post subject: Version 2.1 (as of 6th August 2009) Bug reports

First job is that log out...

tito

Member *

Posted Thu Aug 6th, 2009 8:03pm Post subject: Version 2.1 (as of 6th August 2009) Bug reports

Ok. If this is the best place to post things.

Missing in General musings:

1)Thee Nonesince Thread

2)Random Thought

In the secret life of the manic depressive:

3)A thread (The exact title of which escapes me) but was about manic depression and humour, someone is doing a degree and asked for thoughts about this subject, I think this has gone too.

I am pretty sure many other things are missing but offhand these are the only ones I can think of.

I cannot access my profile or send a direct message to anyone.

I will try and remember some more.