Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

tito

Member *

Posted Thu Aug 6th, 2009 8:12pm Post subject: Version 2.1 (as of 6th August 2009) Bug reports

Whoa! On one thread an hilariously massive page!

A forehead (It may have been S Fry's in a photo) spanned the page like a thrusting..........watermelon!

(Laughing smileys)

I'm actually starting to enjoy this. For all the wrong reasons.

It's a forum version of the fabulous Eurovision song contest.

tito

Member *

Posted Thu Aug 6th, 2009 8:14pm Post subject: Version 2.1 (as of 6th August 2009) Bug reports

I keep coming back because I can't log out.

I am not stalking.

Firlefanz

Posted Thu Aug 6th, 2009 8:16pm Post subject: Version 2.1 (as of 6th August 2009) Bug reports

I enjoy this, too.. for no reasonable reason I can think of.

Random thought and a couple of other more up-to-date threads are mis-dated on page 35 of general musings.

Fryphile

Member *

Posted Thu Aug 6th, 2009 8:20pm Post subject: Version 2.1 (as of 6th August 2009) Bug reports

Greetings Mr. Wheatley and welcome to our world! Thanks for working on our quibbles. Here are a few more.

I think the "lovely little things" thread is still MIA.

No emoticons. At least the ones we're familiar with.

No avatars/signatures.

Pictures are compressed, but as I said elsewhere, if this is to help with bandwidth that's fine. Otherwise full-sized pics would be appreciated.

Being able to preview posts before posting is essential in my line of work.

Once stickied threads are no longer sticky.

Are we staying with the 30 posts per page or going back to the usual 15?

Not sure why, but Mr Steed's and Julia from Bristol's usernames are red and clickable. A mod thing? Steed's takes you to a Facebook page that can't be displayed and Julia's to a Twitter page.

Some people's usernames have changed, e.g. gadgetgeekgirl is now gadgetgirl.

Nick, sorry to hear people are barking at you about the problems here.

I think of myself as someone who is filled with love, whose only purpose in life was to achieve love. - Stephen Fry

tito

Member *

Posted Thu Aug 6th, 2009 8:20pm Post subject: Version 2.1 (as of 6th August 2009) Bug reports

Thanks for the info! Random thought had moved onto mammal tickling and was fascinating!

elTweeno

Posted Thu Aug 6th, 2009 8:25pm Post subject: Version 2.1 (as of 6th August 2009) Bug reports

I know this seems utterly pathetic, but can we maybe get the page numbers at the bottom of threads as well as at the top? And can we maybe have a 'Preview Post' function back as well? (I know there's 'back to top' but would it really be too much to ask for an extra navigation feature back like we had it before?)

If the other issues are going to be sorted thats fine, but we definitely need Stickies back, especially in the Secret Life forum - as Mr Steed points out, these are needed for obvious reasons.

eT

I'm also on Twitter: elTweeno (of course!)

tito

Member *

Posted Thu Aug 6th, 2009 8:31pm Post subject: Version 2.1 (as of 6th August 2009) Bug reports

Have found Random thought, thanks for previous info, but it only runs to 3rd August.

All mammal tickling experiment feedback and I believe the equation for correct high fives are gone.

Serious issues! Will they return?

Best wishes Tx

exoskeleton

Posted Thu Aug 6th, 2009 8:35pm Post subject: Version 2.1 (as of 6th August 2009) Bug reports

just for reference: when a new post is made in a section or in a topic, they don't show up yellow to indicate as such.

sockdolager.

Simon Wheatley

Administrator

Posted Thu Aug 6th, 2009 8:43pm Post subject: Version 2.1 (as of 6th August 2009) Bug reports

Tito - You should be able to log out now! Logging in and logging out should be much improved throughout the site as well... please let me know if you see any untoward log in related behaviour.

S

PamJH

Posted Thu Aug 6th, 2009 8:46pm Post subject: Version 2.1 (as of 6th August 2009) Bug reports

I also wouldn't mind having the "View Recent Posts" back. That was a quick and easy way to see which topics were commented on since the member's last visit. This also was a way for new threads to gain attention. And the stickies - those are important, too.

I'm sorry you're getting yelled at, too, but a little forewarning would have forestalled that.

ginj

Member *

Posted Thu Aug 6th, 2009 8:52pm Post subject: Version 2.1 (as of 6th August 2009) Bug reports

I have to agree that it would have been very helpful if we had been informed that there was going to be a change. I see that Andrew said he tweeted about it. But many of us do not follow Andrew's tweets. It really would have made much more sense to announce changes to this site on this site and not on some unrelated site. I'm sorry, I will go back to my corner now.

Truthfully, I believe you have been very patient and responsive to our requests Mr. Wheatley.

tito

Member *

Posted Thu Aug 6th, 2009 8:53pm Post subject: Version 2.1 (as of 6th August 2009) Bug reports

<cite>simonwheatley said:</cite>
Tito - You should be able to log out now! Logging in and logging out should be much improved throughout the site as well... please let me know if you see any untoward log in related behaviour.

S

Have logged in and out successfully. Thanks!

PamJH: As thee Nonesince thread is hiding I will ask 'what do you peer at through windows?' I did ask on there earlier. xx

Actually it's prob best to reply somewhere else isn't it and keep this for technical. Am getting carried away again xx

P.s. Desmond sends love x

Fryphile

Member *

Posted Thu Aug 6th, 2009 9:01pm Post subject: Version 2.1 (as of 6th August 2009) Bug reports

Not sure if this is forum related, but I'm not getting emails when someone responds to a thread I've commented on. And for some unknown reason on the homepage where it says you are logged in, it has my avatar from AudioBoo. Most peculiar. Unless everyone else has Melchett howling for his lost Georgina as their avatar.

I think of myself as someone who is filled with love, whose only purpose in life was to achieve love. - Stephen Fry

exoskeleton

Posted Thu Aug 6th, 2009 9:14pm Post subject: Version 2.1 (as of 6th August 2009) Bug reports

<cite>Fryphile said:</cite>Unless everyone else has Melchett howling for his lost Georgina as their avatar.

I have my pink plaid square which used to be my Twitter user pic until the middle of June. I have never even registered on audioboo, nor have I ever used it as an avatar here that I can recollect.

sockdolager.

ginj

Member *

Posted Thu Aug 6th, 2009 9:23pm Post subject: Version 2.1 (as of 6th August 2009) Bug reports

<cite>exoskeleton said:</cite>

I have my pink plaid square which used to be my Twitter user pic until the middle of June. I have never even registered on audioboo, nor have I ever used it as an avatar here that I can recollect.

Wait a minute, are both of you saying that your avatars are something that you have never posted on this website? How did they get there?