Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

Nitro

Posted Sat Nov 21st, 2009 5:13am Post subject: Version 2.1 (as of 6th August 2009) Bug reports

I deleted several in both my in and outbox. So, alls i can suggest is you write a test pm to me now.

Really? Wow.

Fryphile

Member *

Posted Tue Nov 24th, 2009 3:18pm Post subject: Version 2.1 (as of 6th August 2009) Bug reports

Sorry to add to the to-do list, but the Search feature leaves a lot to be desired. I typed in the exact name of the thread I was looking for and it came up as no results found. Searched for other words that were in the thread and eventually found it, but clicking on its link took me to a completely different thread.

Have since discovered that if you know the name of the thread, you can type it into the address bar thingy as

http://www.stephenfry.com/ forum/ topic/ (without the spaces, of course)

and after: topic/ type in the thread's name. In this example, the "Christmas Trees" thread, so I typed "christmas-trees" and bingo was his nameo.

http://www.stephenfry.com/forum/topic/christmas-trees

I think of myself as someone who is filled with love, whose only purpose in life was to achieve love. - Stephen Fry

Julia from Bristol

Posted Tue Nov 24th, 2009 5:31pm Post subject: Version 2.1 (as of 6th August 2009) Bug reports

Fryphile said:
I haven't received email notifications from my favorited topics in two days. Didn't alter my email settings or anything.

Any news on this please?

I have a cunning plan!

Nitro

Posted Wed Dec 2nd, 2009 6:24pm Post subject: Version 2.1 (as of 6th August 2009) Bug reports

How about an update list that cannot be posted to, which shows what bugs you've acutally fixed on the forum from say, oh, when Mr.Fry made his post asking for patience. I'm happy he did not ask for *eternal* patience, as no one I know posesses it.

Really? Wow.

tito

Member *

Posted Wed Dec 2nd, 2009 7:24pm Post subject: Version 2.1 (as of 6th August 2009) Bug reports

Nitro, can't pm you again. It's got the outbox full thing.

Nitro

Posted Thu Dec 3rd, 2009 5:02am Post subject: Version 2.1 (as of 6th August 2009) Bug reports

Sorry Tito. I just find it utterly ridiculous that the only way to delete pm's is one at a time!!

Also, what is deciding for me which msgs I can or cannot delete. Should that not be the recievers choice?

Really? Wow.

tito

Member *

Posted Thu Dec 3rd, 2009 3:30pm Post subject: Version 2.1 (as of 6th August 2009) Bug reports

I have posts completely missing again.

Nitro

Posted Thu Dec 3rd, 2009 3:52pm Post subject: Version 2.1 (as of 6th August 2009) Bug reports

Well, the problems have driven another member off. Terrific. One more member leaving with a bad taste in their mouth.

Well done.

Really? Wow.

Nitro

Posted Mon Dec 14th, 2009 4:00pm Post subject: Version 2.1 (as of 6th August 2009) Bug reports

I noticed I get an error msg now when I try to reply to a PM and it won't go. It's either a full outbox on my part or a full inbox on their part.

OK.

Now back to the issue of deleting ones PM's. Doing that one at a time, for both the sent/outbox and the inbox is pragmatically beyond annoying and time consuming. Any email system out there has the option of either deleting emails one at a time or 'check all' of them and do away in one fell swoop ( which, btw...if you check them all then uncheck the ones you want to keep, it's a little faster )...anyway, is this too complex a feature for the site to include or...? I think if you searched available methods out there, you'd not have to reinvent the wheel at all and could do a copy paste under the hood, then tweak the variables to your liking....just an idea

Really? Wow.

tito

Member *

Posted Wed Jan 20th, 2010 12:26pm Post subject: Version 2.1 (as of 6th August 2009) Bug reports

Hello,
have got missing posts again in scribblings.

nongenderous

Posted Thu Jan 28th, 2010 1:21am Post subject: Version 2.1 (as of 6th August 2009) Bug reports

I am not receiving any e-mail notices for the posts I'm following. I have to log in with my old user name (which I changed last year!!).

wildfire

Posted Wed Feb 17th, 2010 9:51pm Post subject: Version 2.1 (as of 6th August 2009) Bug reports

Hi

when I try replying to private messages, I get redirected to a page that is all adverts running on this site, and nothing else...

Nitro

Posted Fri Mar 5th, 2010 6:30pm Post subject: Version 2.1 (as of 6th August 2009) Bug reports

Bump...

The PM system needs work. I'm still waving the flag for the ability to delete In and Out messages either individually or in one fell swoop.

I also wave the flag for a locked thread that ticks off things done.

Really? Wow.

Help

Posted Mon Mar 8th, 2010 11:11am Post subject: Version 2.1 (as of 6th August 2009) Bug reports

I'm not receiving any updates any more
I know I didn't turn them off so I'm assuming they've either stopped for everyone or something has just happened for me
Tried to send Max a PM as he's gone missing and it wouldn't let me
I would also like the member list back but that's not really as important.
I feel like I'm complaining but...well..nevermind.

tito

Member *

Posted Wed Mar 10th, 2010 3:06pm Post subject: Version 2.1 (as of 6th August 2009) Bug reports

It's taking me several attempts today to log in.