Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

quantumofire

Posted Sun Oct 18th, 2009 6:37pm Post subject: virus problems

I clicked onto this forum and I was immediately subjected to a virus attack. This is the second time in a week this has happened. My ibook has listed the following viruses.

Trojan-Downloader.Win32.Small.dge
Trojan Horse Generic11.OQJ
Trojan Horse IRC/Backdoor.SdBot4.FRV
W32.Yaha.B(at)mm
Trojan virtumonde
Trojan.Fakealert.355
Win32/Hoax.Renos.HX
Magic DVD Ripper
W32.Mypics.Worm.36352
Trojan-Downloader.Win32.Small.fxf

Does anybody on this forum understand all of this? It's all new to me. I thought macs were pretty safe from this sort of attack.

When I click the 'start protection' button it asks me to save a file, is this a trap?

Any help would be well welcome.

http://quantumofire.blogspot.com/

Breaking contradictions in his mind was, to him, like walking through a winter forest snapping twigs underfoot.

Denise

Posted Sun Oct 18th, 2009 8:47pm Post subject: virus problems

Hello
I have had the same problem too and I use a PC.
I registered with the forum yesterday and immediate I logged in.
I dialog box appeared to say that http://lastsecurity.com had detected malware and viruses and then the main page appeared to be scanning my computer and then says I have a number of viruses on my hard drive.

I clicked the X in the top right of the dialog box and then closed the webpage. I've run a scan with my antivirus program and it says nothing is there.

It also happened again just now and this time the antivirus software picked it up, apparently it came from http://typewordxs.com

Can anyone help? I'm certain this laptop is clean, and it's not happened when I've logged on via my desktop computer.

Denise

Katzilla

Posted Mon Oct 19th, 2009 8:25pm Post subject: virus problems

It's a virus!! I've just had the same one, It came up saying windows security alert. I snipped the screen so have a snap shot of what it looks like if any one is interested? You should be fine but I would run an antivirus anyway. More info: http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/Technology/Fake-A.....0315409030 Basically 43 million have fallen victim to this scan. I just happened to click on the news article on sky news before I came to have a look at this website! It's my first visit as well lol! I hope this helps x

phymonarg

Posted Mon Nov 16th, 2009 11:56pm Post subject: virus problems

Ladies and gentlemen, please calm yourselves!
What you have seen, sounds to me to be a BOGUS virus warning!
DON'T BELIEVE IT!
It is propably some kind of scam that some website has decided to use in some surreptitous way, in order to try and have your good selves click on their site so that they can attempt to install cookies on your PC or get paid because you clicked or, possibly, to install a virus if you go clicking too freely.

Personally, I use Linux Ubuntu, which, like and Linux operating system, is virus free.

I think that I shall never see, an elephant in a rhubarb tree. (S Milligan)

phymonarg

Posted Tue Nov 17th, 2009 12:16am Post subject: virus problems

For free professional advice on removing threats, have a squizz at bleepingcomputer.com

If the screen prevents me from closing my browser easily, On a PC running Windows Vista, I think it can be dealt with like this .
I would press Ctrl/Alt/Delete, then find the running applications, right click on Internet Explorer, or Firefox, whichever I'm using, and select 'End process'. If you have other browser windows open at the time, they may or may not stay open.
Once all browsers and other processes are closed I'd run an antivirus scan. I always used AVG. Then I'd run two anti spyware scans with two different detection programs, Spybot S&D, and Adaware for me. then I'd download and run CCleaner, which will clear out all your cache, history, forms, cookies, temp files, and other crap. (Crap Cleaner)

Someone please feel free to correct any mistakes here, as I don't use Microsoft stuff any more.
Hope this helps.

I think that I shall never see, an elephant in a rhubarb tree. (S Milligan)