Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

Darker Times

Posted Sat Jun 30th, 2007 8:59pm Post subject: Visit to swaffham
Hi All

Just been down to Wells for the week, and travelled through to Swaffham to see some of the locations used in Kingdom. The house that is used as Peter's office was just being kitted out by some workmen so I took a look in through the front door to find that they were setting up the reception area for filming. I walked past again about a half hour later, and managed to take a photo looking through the doorway.
No sign of any cast about, but still I was thrilled to see part of the set.

Cheers

philip

ClareBear

Posted Sat Jun 30th, 2007 9:29pm Post subject: Visit to swaffham
They start filming (or are due to) on Monday.

shatzi

Posted Sun Jul 1st, 2007 9:41pm Post subject: Visit to swaffham
If anyone gets a pic of Tony Slattery please email me!!

trouser material

Posted Tue Aug 28th, 2007 1:12pm Post subject: Visit to swaffham
Can he fit in a single photo these days?

boom boom joke

ClareBear

Posted Tue Aug 28th, 2007 1:33pm Post subject: Visit to swaffham
miaow.

trouser material

Posted Tue Aug 28th, 2007 1:36pm Post subject: Visit to swaffham

I'm in a 'finding random pictures' kind of mood, my apologies to anyone who has a slow 'pooter.

shatzi

Posted Wed Aug 29th, 2007 2:42am Post subject: Visit to swaffham
Now now, let's play nice!! I would hate to see hypertension get him, tho...

trouser material

Posted Wed Aug 29th, 2007 7:24am Post subject: Visit to swaffham
X-D When i first saw him on Kingdom i couldn't place for an hour who he was. When the penny dropped i still had to double take. Bless him.

seasun545

Posted Wed Aug 29th, 2007 9:32am Post subject: Visit to swaffham
Hi people,
so, those wonderful beaches in Kingdom where Peter walks with his dog....is that Norfolk??, cause gosh, I wanna live there...

ClareBear

Posted Wed Aug 29th, 2007 10:01am Post subject: Visit to swaffham
Yup, looks like Hunstanton or Holkham.

shatzi

Posted Wed Aug 29th, 2007 5:59pm Post subject: Visit to swaffham
As much of a Slatts fan as I am, it took me a minute to recognize him too. I wonder if he has a self destructive streak. I hear he's on cigs and scotch big time which really doesn't go well with being overweight. He's smart enough to know better, I wish I could slam him down in a chair and ask him WHY he's trying to kill himself. I wonder if any of his friends try to talk sense into him.
I love the beach scenes. All I have nearby is a spidery thick forest to go through to get to the river.
Maybe there will be a THIRD series???!!!! Imagine a field trip of fans to Swaffham!

JulesUK

Posted Fri Aug 31st, 2007 12:17pm Post subject: Visit to swaffham
I saw Tony the other day. He walked past me in the town. I would have asked for an autograph but I mistook him for a tramp! X-D I did get a photo of him while he was walking past the blue car used in the series though.

Apparently there has also been some filming at one of the local RAF bases for one of the storylines. I think it's going to be called "Fakenheath" rather than "Lakenheath".

trouser material

Posted Fri Aug 31st, 2007 1:58pm Post subject: Visit to swaffham
I saw Tony the other day. He walked past me in the town. I would have asked for an autograph but I mistook him for a tramp! X-D I did get a photo of him while he was walking past the blue car used in the series though.

Apparently there has also been some filming at one of the local RAF bases for one of the storylines. I think it's going to be called "Fakenheath" rather than "Lakenheath".
Genius.

ClareBear

Posted Fri Aug 31st, 2007 8:45pm Post subject: Visit to swaffham
Fakenheath and Mouldyhole

shatzi

Posted Sat Sep 1st, 2007 4:47pm Post subject: Visit to swaffham
I stayed at Lakenheath on one trip. It was BOOOOring. It's so small compared to AF bases here.
Too bad I can't be there again, I could get on base with my military ID and get some good pics maybe!