Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

Simone

Posted Sun Sep 30th, 2007 1:58pm Post subject: Visit to swaffham
As my best friend is living in Norfolk I thought we would have to go to Swaffham and Wells while I was staying at her place. And so we did.
Man, the feeling I had there was great! To know that Mr. Fry walked through the same streets and so...wow, I was (and still am) the happiest person.

Sadly, no sign of the man himself.....

JulesUK

Posted Wed Oct 3rd, 2007 9:55am Post subject: Visit to swaffham
When did you go? Filming finished on 29th Sept. Shame you didn't see SF but glad you had a nice time.

Simone

Posted Wed Oct 10th, 2007 12:03pm Post subject: Visit to swaffham
I was there from September 10th to September 17th.

Gertrude Susanne

Posted Thu Mar 27th, 2008 3:42pm Post subject: Visit to swaffham
I intend to visit Swaffham (it´s on the way from Norwich to King´s Lynn) when I´m over in the UK and ordered a little leaflet from the Norfolk tourist board website... and this is what I found in my letterbox today

robertas

Posted Fri Mar 28th, 2008 10:21am Post subject: Visit to swaffham
Tssss Gerti, I should have done that now I'm jealous

But if you have not been to Norfolk before, you are going to love it... and thats a promise... if I am wrong I give you permission to call me a silly cow

Oh and I would definitely go and visit Wells as well... the beach is beautiful, people are ever so friendly and best fish and chip shop is the French...

Gertrude Susanne

Posted Fri Mar 28th, 2008 12:41pm Post subject: Visit to swaffham
Tssss Gerti, I should have done that now I'm jealous

But if you have not been to Norfolk before, you are going to love it... and thats a promise... if I am wrong I give you permission to call me a silly cow

Oh and I would definitely go and visit Wells as well... the beach is beautiful, people are ever so friendly and best fish and chip shop is the French...

I´ve been to Norwich three times before and simply love the place. The Royal Arcade is stunningly beautiful - finest Art Deco!!! People are extremely friendly there, the owner of the B&B even recognised me when I rang a couple of weeks ago to enquire about accommodation "Oh, aren´t you the girl from Vienna?" How sweet is that (Probably my first name that sticks in people´s minds )

This will be the first time I´m venturing outside Norwich, it´s a little difficult if you haven´t got your own transport, but bus connections seem okay. I´ll be staying for only three days, so I may not find the time to see Wells as well, Cromer is on my "To Visit" list as well... I´m already beginning to save up money for a two-week holiday in September

amyl_nitrate

Posted Fri Mar 28th, 2008 3:10pm Post subject: Visit to swaffham
They filmed Hot Fuzz in Wells, it being Edgar Wright's home town. *nods*

I've never been so far south before. When I pass my test and get a car I'm so going down south and checking all these places out! Have fun on your visit Gerti. When are you planning on visiting the UK?

Assuming direct control...

robertas

Posted Fri Mar 28th, 2008 3:45pm Post subject: Visit to swaffham
Gerti, the people are lovely arent they? I agree on the Royal Arcade I was stunned by it...

Dont worry too much about venturing out, the bus connections are great... and the tickets arent too expensive... all day return to Swaffham is ł7.50 and to Wells is ł5... as it is a local bus, the seats are not too comfy but the scenery on the way makes up for it...
My friends and I had such a great time we are even thinking about going again later in the year... its a great place to recharge your batteries, you meet the nicest people plus there are still a few places I didnt get the chance to see... and then there is the shopping of course
You know Norfolk Tourist Board should send a few perks my way, I have been pimping the whole county ever since I got back

And Amyl you should definitely go, I swear if someone threw a few fishes my way at Wells beach I could stay there forever

Gertrude Susanne

Posted Sat Mar 29th, 2008 8:26am Post subject: Visit to swaffham

Dont worry too much about venturing out, the bus connections are great... and the tickets arent too expensive... all day return to Swaffham is ł7.50 and to Wells is ł5... as it is a local bus, the seats are not too comfy but the scenery on the way makes up for it...
My friends and I had such a great time we are even thinking about going again later in the year... its a great place to recharge your batteries, you meet the nicest people plus there are still a few places I didnt get the chance to see... and then there is the shopping of course
You know Norfolk Tourist Board should send a few perks my way, I have been pimping the whole county ever since I got back

I lived in the UK for almost eight years, I´ve become so used to "not too comfy" seats
Yes, the shopping is fantastic in Norwich, I even spotted a Viennese patisserie inside Chapelfield Shopping Centre (which is not very Viennese, it grieves me to say), and Jarrolds provides for the ultimate shopping experience

I reckon there are a many few places you didn´t get a chance to see...

The NTB to send a few perks your way because you´ve been pimping the county ever since you got back? The very best of luck, may they come thick and fast ! But you know, like others, I received something from Norfolk about two years ago no NTB perk could ever match ... that´s all you´re getting out of me

I've never been so far south before. When I pass my test and get a car I'm so going down south and checking all these places out! Have fun on your visit Gerti. When are you planning on visiting the UK?

when is your driving test due, amyl_nitrate? I´ll keep my fingers crossed for you . Once you own your own transport, the coastline is the limit (and petrol prices too )
In exactly 4 weeks´ time I should have arrived at Heathrow Airport by now, and be on my way to Liverpool Street to catch a train to Norwich

amyl_nitrate

Posted Sat Mar 29th, 2008 11:48am Post subject: Visit to swaffham

when is your driving test due, amyl_nitrate? I´ll keep my fingers crossed for you . Once you own your own transport, the coastline is the limit (and petrol prices too )

I've got a lesson next week and that's when we're discussing booking my test and a mock test. I guess in a week's time I'll know when the test'll be.

In exactly 4 weeks´ time I should have arrived at Heathrow Airport by now, and be on my way to Liverpool Street to catch a train to Norwich

Wow so it's pretty soon then?! Oh I hope the trouble at Heathrow is cleared up by the time you arrive. It's been all over the news about people sleeping on the floors there and luggage not being flown with them and other horror stories.

Assuming direct control...

Gertrude Susanne

Posted Sat Mar 29th, 2008 2:15pm Post subject: Visit to swaffham

I've got a lesson next week and that's when we're discussing booking my test and a mock test. I guess in a week's time I'll know when the test'll be.

Wow so it's pretty soon then?! Oh I hope the trouble at Heathrow is cleared up by the time you arrive. It's been all over the news about people sleeping on the floors there and luggage not being flown with them and other horror stories.

How exciting! I do hope that you´ll pass at the first attempt (the "real" test, that is we don´t have mock tests here as far as I know. sounds like a good idea as you´ll know what you´re letting yourself in for...) Let´s hope they schedule the test asap...

Oh, don´t worry amyl_nitrate, I´ll be arriving at Terminal 2 - but the havoc prevailing at Terminal 5 has been all over the news here as well... must be every traveller´s nightmare... hopefully, the situation will soon return to normal, although, return is not the right word, is it?

robertas

Posted Sun Mar 30th, 2008 8:06am Post subject: Visit to swaffham
Just had a bit of flashback, I was trying to locate a spot where I can have a fag at Liverpool street station... you can meet the nicest people like train conductors and whatnot
We were late for the train, but we were lucky cos our tickets were still valid for the next one...
Hm, dont mean to sound like grumpy bollocks nothing arrived for me from Norwich... tssssss not yet anyway...
On the good side, I did meet someone rather dishy... X-D

Gertrude Susanne

Posted Sun Mar 30th, 2008 4:12pm Post subject: Visit to swaffham
Nice people can be met at the Maddermarket Theatre in Norwich ...
And some Norwich guys have the most fascinating blue eyes :-//

ClareBear

Posted Sun Mar 30th, 2008 7:08pm Post subject: Visit to swaffham
Norwich gets VERY interesting on the last Thursday of the month.

robertas

Posted Mon Mar 31st, 2008 8:17am Post subject: Visit to swaffham
Gerti I agree X-D

And Atari pray tell whats so interesting on the last Thursday of the month?
I know we were taken somewhere (by the same rather dishy person and the lads kept telling me it is once-a-month thing and that we have to go because we cannot miss it... it seems that does happen often in Norwich Or they were just trying to be extra friendly...