Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

amyl_nitrate

Posted Mon Mar 31st, 2008 9:55am Post subject: Visit to swaffham

I've got a lesson next week and that's when we're discussing booking my test and a mock test. I guess in a week's time I'll know when the test'll be.

Wow so it's pretty soon then?! Oh I hope the trouble at Heathrow is cleared up by the time you arrive. It's been all over the news about people sleeping on the floors there and luggage not being flown with them and other horror stories.

How exciting! I do hope that you´ll pass at the first attempt (the "real" test, that is we don´t have mock tests here as far as I know. sounds like a good idea as you´ll know what you´re letting yourself in for...) Let´s hope they schedule the test asap...

Mock tests aren't compulsory and not all driving instructors do them so I'm lucky. My instructor's been really good and says doing a mock test will help us to work on any weaknesses or problems I might have in preparation for the real test. I think it'll help me with my confidence as well.

Oh, don´t worry amyl_nitrate, I´ll be arriving at Terminal 2 - but the havoc prevailing at Terminal 5 has been all over the news here as well... must be every traveller´s nightmare... hopefully, the situation will soon return to normal, although, return is not the right word, is it?

Oh I didn't realise there were different....terminals? I've only been to an airport twice in my life so I'm not entirely sure what that means? Are they different places altogether or different bits of the same airport? Good thing you know you're going to a different one that isn't crazy. I would've been worried.

Assuming direct control...

Gertrude Susanne

Posted Mon Mar 31st, 2008 6:25pm Post subject: Visit to swaffham

Mock tests aren't compulsory and not all driving instructors do them so I'm lucky. My instructor's been really good and says doing a mock test will help us to work on any weaknesses or problems I might have in preparation for the real test. I think it'll help me with my confidence as well.

Oh I didn't realise there were different....terminals? I've only been to an airport twice in my life so I'm not entirely sure what that means? Are they different places altogether or different bits of the same airport? Good thing you know you're going to a different one that isn't crazy. I would've been worried.

Oh, you are lucky indeed then! Excellent idea to have those (if available). I think driving has a lot to do with confidence... (which I lack, so I don´t drive... oh, and I had two "mock" tests, since I passed only at the third attempt )

well, Terminal 2 is tiny tiny and serves insignificant places like Vienna. You´ll find exotic airlines like Austrian Airlines, Lufthansa, Alitalia, etc. there... and it´s really close to the Central Coach Station which came in handy at a time when I had to catch a bus to Gerrards Cross.
I´d describe the Terminals as "different bits" of the same airport. You can run for miles (no, that´s exageratted actually, but it feels like miles) to get from Terminal 1 to Terminal 2, for instance. And Picadilly Line serves all four terminals, I think there is even a shuttle service between Terminal 4 and Terminals 1,2 and 3. No idea how to get to T5, last time I saw it it was still under construction. And YES I am relieved that T5 is not my terminal

amyl_nitrate

Posted Tue Apr 1st, 2008 9:56am Post subject: Visit to swaffham
Thankyou for the detailed explanation Gerti.

Assuming direct control...