Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

Lissu

Posted Thu Dec 2nd, 2010 6:58pm Post subject: Voco Clocks - Money Gone!

Dear lovely Forum people,

Please forgive this newbie in case of posting in the wrong place/repeating a previous topic, but I wondered if anyone else has experienced problems with the Voco company that are (or were?) selling the marvellous 'Good Morning Madam' clocks i.e. the ones with Stephen's dulcet tones onboard?

The website selling them was up and running, and took my 75 Euros at the beginning of November, but I've received no clock, no answers to phone calls (goes to some chap's answerphone only), my emails bounced back, and the website has in the meantime disappeared. (I could only find their details from the voco bible clock sister site, which is still there,...)

T'would appear I've been diddled!

Has anyone here any similar experiences or information about this company or product?? I'm gutted not to be able to wake up to Stephen's lovely voice!

Yours very miffedly,

Lissu

Spots

Posted Thu Dec 2nd, 2010 9:52pm Post subject: Voco Clocks - Money Gone!

I say That is jolly well not on
I must say it sounds like a very good idea, to wake up to Monsieur's Bonjours at the start of the day...but to be diddled indeed, is just not the ticket. Mmnn.

TripsOverHisCats

Posted Sun Dec 5th, 2010 12:11am Post subject: Voco Clocks - Money Gone!

I know the clock you're talking about. Is Voco the company that produces them, or a retailer? In the first case, maybe it helps you to know that it can also be purchased at ThinkGeek. Maybe you can write them a mail and ask them for contact details... Only idea coming to my mind.
(If this https://www.thinkgeek.com/homeoffice/lights/aef3/ is the item in question.)

If, with the literate, I am
Impelled to try an epigram,
I never seek to take the credit;
We all assume that Oscar said it.
* Dorothy Parker

Lissu

Posted Wed Dec 8th, 2010 7:11pm Post subject: Voco Clocks - Money Gone!

Hello Trips.
Thanks for trying to help!
It's the company producing them that I ordered from,... really can't afford to lose so much cash, and other sites only stock the male version...hence my frustration.

I think I will write to the powers that be to ask that they stop advertising this, otherwise some other poor fool will lose out.

Cheers,

Lissu

gadgetgirl

Posted Thu Dec 23rd, 2010 10:15pm Post subject: Voco Clocks - Money Gone!

Did this ever arrive? We may have a similar problem.

That would be me.

jchrking

Posted Mon Dec 27th, 2010 8:10pm Post subject: Voco Clocks - Money Gone!

I received said clock as a Christmas present. Stephen's voice comes through loud and clear, but, alas, the clock is dead.

Macdot

Posted Wed Jan 5th, 2011 11:00am Post subject: Voco Clocks - Money Gone!

Hi

I too bought a Stephen Fry talking clock from VOCO. When it arrived it didn't work. After repeated attempts to contact the seller, VOCO, with little (at first) and now absolutely no response I have contacted my credit card company to try and see if I can get a refund. The VOCO website seems to have gone. The latest email address I have for them is 'contact@voco.tv'.

Hope you have some luck in contacting them or getting your money back.

Macdot

Anne Burgess

Posted Sun Jan 9th, 2011 2:35pm Post subject: Voco Clocks - Money Gone!

I have had problems with this company. I ordered two clocks one Good Morning Madam and Good Morning Sir not realising that you could change from one to the other. I received one clock which we are very pleased with but cancelled the other one!! I am still waiting for a refund from the company. I have e-mailed and phoned no refund as yet, I bought the clocks in Sep 10. Has anyone else had a problem like this??

matrol

Posted Tue Feb 1st, 2011 7:54am Post subject: Voco Clocks - Money Gone!

I THOUGHT I was having a good experience with the Voco Clock maker as he graciously sent a replacement for my Madame clock that quit working within 6 months. The replacement is a "Sir" clock and, alas, several emails about exchange have gone unanswered.

Ms Anne says "that you could change from one to the other," which to me, suggests I may be able to somehow adjust my Good Morning Sir clock to a Good Morning Madame. I was heartened, thinking that may be why my emails have gone ignored. If changing the clock mechanism is possible, Ms Burgess, would you kindly provide me with instructions for doing so as none such came with my clock?

matrol

Posted Tue Feb 1st, 2011 7:55am Post subject: Voco Clocks - Money Gone!

Sorry. I seem to have posted twice. So I'm editing one post out.

Diane E.

Posted Fri Feb 11th, 2011 9:14pm Post subject: Voco Clocks - Money Gone!

Firstly, I got an email not too long ago from Voco saying that they had changed their website address. It is now...www.vovo.tv, so give that a try.

Now, my Voco Clock story...

Ordered my Madame clock through the Signals catalogue. It's a VERY popular item (not surprising, as everyone wants Stephen Fry on their bedside table!) and it took AGES for me to receive it because of the huge backlog. Finally it arrived...JOY! Had it for a few months, and then it started repeating the same 10 messages over and over. Very frustrating. Contacted Voco directly to ask if there was something I should do, etc. They told me of a quick fix, i.e. changing the batteries and letting it go through a couple of complete 12 hour cycles. Didn't work, so a lovely man emailed me and said that some of the clocks were born with a problem with the chip or innards, or some such, and that they were going to send me a replacement from their USA distribution centre, no charge (they didn't even require me to send them the broken clock.) A couple more friendly emails ensued (with advice for troubleshooting, should I need it), and I finally received my new clock, which is working just fine! The newer model even has a volume control, which my first clock didn't have. Nice. I have to say that I have had a very good experience with the Voco company.

simoncarr

Posted Fri May 13th, 2011 2:40pm Post subject: Voco Clocks - Money Gone!

Anne Burgess said:
I have had problems with this company. I ordered two clocks one Good Morning Madam and Good Morning Sir not realising that you could change from one to the other. I received one clock which we are very pleased with but cancelled the other one!! I am still waiting for a refund from the company. I have e-mailed and phoned no refund as yet, I bought the clocks in Sep 10. Has anyone else had a problem like this??

Am trying to private message you Mrs Burgess but it's not letting me do so . . . So sorry about this - I thought I'd got on top of it but can see that I haven't. Protx the card company makes it difficult to send you money - I can either paypal it or send you a cheque. Do let me know at contact@voco.uk.com and I'll sort it out forthwith. Best, SImon

DeeToTheVee

Posted Thu Nov 10th, 2011 2:18pm Post subject: Voco Clocks - Money Gone!

And now im having the same problem. A madam clock has been ordered and I've had the confirmation through however the confirmation only has the billing address on it. No delivery. address. They we're quick enough to take my money but I'm having absolutely no luck whatsoever contacting the them. I have I emailed 3 times to confirm a delivery address but I've had no response. When I ring I get 'simons' voicemail. Can anyone actually vouce for this company. I order this as an Xmas gift on 3rd November. If it isn't here by Xmas I expect a discount or refund as the company will have had over a month to get it to me.

Also the email address I've been emailing is contact@voco.tv

I'm going to now send it through to contact@voco.uk.com as suggested in the post above...

DeeToTheVee