Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

Fryphile

Member *

Posted Thu Jul 19th, 2007 3:23pm Post subject: Vroom Vroom (S2 spoilers)
There's gonna be a car chase next season.

I think of myself as someone who is filled with love, whose only purpose in life was to achieve love. - Stephen Fry

amyl_nitrate

Posted Thu Jul 19th, 2007 6:40pm Post subject: Vroom Vroom (S2 spoilers)
VROOOMVRROOOM! BEEP BEEP! Make way for Stephen!

Assuming direct control...

ShaylaMorris

Posted Fri Jul 20th, 2007 10:01am Post subject: Vroom Vroom (S2 spoilers)
74mph on the A1065 Swaffham to Brandon road at Weeting?

Ok need this to be explained to me. Where I live 74 on Interstate 5 would be a ticket not a yanking of licences. Heck 74mph on a L.A. freeway would get you pulled over for going too slow.

Fryphile

Member *

Posted Fri Jul 20th, 2007 2:22pm Post subject: Vroom Vroom (S2 spoilers)
I understand that Stephen is a repeat offender when it comes to speeding, so I suppose the judge went medeival on his arse.

I think of myself as someone who is filled with love, whose only purpose in life was to achieve love. - Stephen Fry

ClareBear

Posted Fri Jul 20th, 2007 8:22pm Post subject: Vroom Vroom (S2 spoilers)
the 1065's not the most driver friendly stretch of road...

AxmxZ

Posted Fri Jul 20th, 2007 9:15pm Post subject: Vroom Vroom (S2 spoilers)
74mph on the A1065 Swaffham to Brandon road at Weeting?

Ok need this to be explained to me. Where I live 74 on Interstate 5 would be a ticket not a yanking of licences. Heck 74mph on a L.A. freeway would get you pulled over for going too slow.

No kidding, right? Stephen should join Hugh in the States - let him speed all he wants here.

Tourmaline

Posted Sun Jul 29th, 2007 3:36pm Post subject: Vroom Vroom (S2 spoilers)
Some parts of the UK are considerably more strict than others when enforcing speeding violations etc. North/Mid Wales is known for issuing citations for going over by 2 or 3 mph (as my father will tell you). I'm not sure why this is, probably a combination of things - division of policing work & priorities within a constuabulary area; long roads undisturbed by junctions or regular traffic-queueing; lack of variation in the topography of the land.

I've not driven in any of these areas, so I can't speak from first-hand experience. Maybe someone else here is in a better position to tell us?

diamond

Posted Fri Aug 31st, 2007 7:21pm Post subject: Vroom Vroom (S2 spoilers)
There are large stretches of road in north wales that have a very low volume of traffic, these roads are also fantastic for driving along. So when you are enjoying a lovely summer evening drive you can get carried away. I dont really speed but some really go for it. Ive known people to get three points and a fine for doing 32.4 in a 30 which is a bit of an over reaction I think. The chief of the police wrote in the newsletter 'Y Glas' (the blue, their humour coming into play and i use the word humour quite wrongly) that he often hides in bushes on his day off to catch people who speed.