Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

kristorg

Posted Mon Aug 10th, 2009 11:18pm Post subject: Waitrose !!! My-my Mr. Fry - did you really say that ?

Cant believe that Sainsburys was so publically rubbished on R4 this evening by yours truely - especially as it's the poshest supermarket in the North. FYI the only Waitrose store North of Henley on Thames in a single venture into Sheffield that some have considered misguided plus the soon to be opened store in footballers-wives land of Altringham Cheshire this Autumn. So the rest of us Shire-dwellers make to with the orange carriers and think that is "posh enough" - so being referred to as scum wasn't quite Queensbury Rules - even if the intent was tongue in cheek ??

Nitro

Posted Mon Aug 10th, 2009 11:32pm Post subject: Waitrose !!! My-my Mr. Fry - did you really say that ?

I know it's because I'm an American, but I have to say I'm very pleased I didn't understand a word of your post.

Really? Wow.

kristorg

Posted Tue Aug 11th, 2009 9:11pm Post subject: Waitrose !!! My-my Mr. Fry - did you really say that ?

The comment on UK radio 4 Just a Minute http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00lycz6 - (6 days left to listen) Waitrose is a food store that is for the uber-riche and Sainsburys is a good quality food store - bit like an classy Wallmart for families.

fryfan20

Posted Tue Aug 11th, 2009 10:04pm Post subject: Waitrose !!! My-my Mr. Fry - did you really say that ?

well, if it was in just a minute then:
a) I didn't noticed it
b) maybe it shouldn't be taking all too serious, comedy is part of the game.

I am what I am

Anonymous

Unregistered

Posted Tue Aug 11th, 2009 11:13pm Post subject: Waitrose !!! My-my Mr. Fry - did you really say that ?

Every Little Counts

gadgetgirl

Posted Wed Aug 12th, 2009 7:02pm Post subject: Waitrose !!! My-my Mr. Fry - did you really say that ?

There's a waitrose in Harrogate actually

That would be me.

kristorg

Posted Wed Aug 12th, 2009 8:43pm Post subject: Waitrose !!! My-my Mr. Fry - did you really say that ?

ooops - well thats me corrected - sos - but then Harrogate isn't quite Blackpool - I guess a visit to the Turkish baths and steam room is a bit more classy than munching a stick of rock on the pleasure beach. So Harrogate deserves a Waitrose I guess and it keeps people like me in my place (below the stairs) LOL

susanstewart1

Posted Sat Aug 22nd, 2009 12:46am Post subject: Waitrose !!! My-my Mr. Fry - did you really say that ?

There's one in Edinburgh I'm told. Far to pretentious my self for such a place I'm too post grunge I shop at lidl! And if I'm flush Tesco,

"An original idea. That can't be too hard. The library must be full of them."
Stephen Fry