Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

Nitro

Posted Sun Jul 12th, 2009 7:19am Post subject: WARNING: This Might Sound Mean...
Ever been in a foul mood for some reason(s) and then see something in the media that makes you hope you'll never see it again? ( besides all the MJ hypocrisy going on I mean...).

There are some entertainment careers I wish would become Past Tense and never reappear again in my lifetime. Here's a few...

Beyonce
Celine Dion
Josh Brogan
Barry Manilow
Bill O'Reilly
Rush Limbaugh
Charlie Sheen
Thomas Kinkaid (sp?)

Welcome to the nasty side of the The Zero Room.

( Pssst! It's OK. The food's better over here. )

And yes, in case you're wondering, I do know how to use a remote control. So be quiet.

Really? Wow.

PamJH

Posted Sun Jul 12th, 2009 2:03pm Post subject: WARNING: This Might Sound Mean...
My dad would have said the same thing about Johnny Mathis. For some reason my dad can't figure out (and he has admitted this), he can't stand any song sung by this guy.

Kinkaid. Is that the painter of light guy? If so, I don't like those paintings, either. They make a lot of people feel warm and cozy, but I always think something terrible is going on inside those little lighted houses he paints.

Rush Limbaugh? Yes.

Spitfire

Posted Sun Jul 12th, 2009 3:00pm Post subject: WARNING: This Might Sound Mean...
ugh Beyonce!
There's a magazine I read over here that she keeps popping up in in interviews saying how brilliant her life is and her marriage is to Jay-Z.

IdeaCollector

Posted Sun Jul 12th, 2009 9:49pm Post subject: WARNING: This Might Sound Mean...
I agree about bill o'reilly and rush

I add to the list

Ann Coulter
Sean Hannity
Jeremy Clarkson
LIly Allen
Johnny Vegas
Mel Gibson

I used to be EternalStudent on these forums until the switch over. So don't get excited..I'm not someone new and exciting. I'm just me :P

PamJH

Posted Mon Jul 13th, 2009 1:04am Post subject: WARNING: This Might Sound Mean...
I agree about bill o'reilly and rush

I add to the list

Ann Coulter
Sean Hannity
Jeremy Clarkson
LIly Allen
Johnny Vegas
Mel Gibson

Mel Gibson - yes, that doofus should top the list.

Nitro

Posted Mon Jul 13th, 2009 3:57am Post subject: WARNING: This Might Sound Mean...
Pam, yes..he's the 'light' guy X-D Great title for him...

I think his paintings, which are not always done by his own hand btw, are hideous and, for me, don't come close to anything I could call 'art'. I don't see any vision, originality, creativity, commentary of any kind, nor passion in any of it. He certainly has made quite a nice living off his junk though X-D

Someone mentioned Anne Coulter. I agree. She too is a huckster IMNSHO. Her books are just about shit stirring, hyperbole, and a viper-like meanness that gives Rush a run for his money. I think she's worse in that regard at least. But morning shows and such love her because she's guaranteed to say something inflammatory that gets the herds tongues wagging. I guess she's like a train wreck you know? Some people can't resist watching...

And when I think about it, the topic of folks like that make me feel a little mean myself.

Really? Wow.

PamJH

Posted Mon Jul 13th, 2009 4:46am Post subject: WARNING: This Might Sound Mean...
People such as Ann Coulter are a waste of air. I so wish people would stop listening to any extremist on any end of the spectrum. They do nothing but foment arguments that cannot be won. If people stopped listening to Ann Coulter, she'd have to get a regular job like everyone else.

Nitro

Posted Mon Jul 13th, 2009 6:42am Post subject: WARNING: This Might Sound Mean...
I think Rush, O'Reilly, Coultre, Al Sharpton, and Jesse Jackson ought to all be locked into a big room together with no windows.

Open the doors in six weeks and see what's happened. That would be fun

Really? Wow.

TobiasMonk

Posted Mon Jul 13th, 2009 6:52am Post subject: WARNING: This Might Sound Mean...
Sarah Palin, what she says is bad enough, but the sound her voice is like nails on a chalkboard for me.

I cannot be awake for nothing looks to me as it did before, Or else I am awake for the first time, and all before has been a mean sleep.
Walt Whitman

PamJH

Posted Mon Jul 13th, 2009 6:53am Post subject: WARNING: This Might Sound Mean...
Sarah Palin, what she says is bad enough, but the sound her voice is like nails on a chalkboard for me.

How could I have forgotten about her? Wait, I know. I had hoped she'd stay in Alaska and never bother anyone again. I feel sorry for the Alaskans, but I believe they know how to handle her.

IdeaCollector

Posted Mon Jul 13th, 2009 8:09am Post subject: WARNING: This Might Sound Mean...
adding noel fielding and russell brand.

and as a pretty liberal christian i would also like to add pat robertson, jerry falwell and james dobson.

I used to be EternalStudent on these forums until the switch over. So don't get excited..I'm not someone new and exciting. I'm just me :P

Fryphile

Member *

Posted Mon Jul 13th, 2009 3:20pm Post subject: WARNING: This Might Sound Mean...
Stephen Fry.

Taking Nitro's example, I'd love to be locked in a room with him for six weeks.

I think of myself as someone who is filled with love, whose only purpose in life was to achieve love. - Stephen Fry

PamJH

Posted Mon Jul 13th, 2009 3:22pm Post subject: WARNING: This Might Sound Mean...
Stephen Fry.

Shall I bring you nourishment in the form of champagne and fine chocolate and slip it through a slot you'll no doubt have fashioned in the door?

ladyfromhamburg

Posted Mon Jul 13th, 2009 4:00pm Post subject: WARNING: This Might Sound Mean...
Stephen Fry.

Shall I bring you nourishment in the form of champagne and fine chocolate and slip it through a slot you'll no doubt have fashioned in the door?

Pam, please avoid the champagne. Although I think that Fryphile will not have anything against doing a CPR for Stephen, I fear that it might destroy the insouciant atmosphere itself. And such a golden opportunity won't happen again.

Nitro

Posted Mon Jul 13th, 2009 5:29pm Post subject: WARNING: This Might Sound Mean...
This is NOT a stephen fry love fest thread...no horny women allowed!! X-D

Really? Wow.