Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

5teve

Posted Sat Apr 18th, 2009 11:49am Post subject: Was I dreaming about seeing this on QI?
Hi everyone,
I must be getting senile or something because a quiestion came up in the pub, as it does, about the wives of Henry the 8th. I confidently pontificated about how Stephen Fry said that although he had 6 weddings, he had either 3, 4 or 5 wives and that it had been on QI (the font of all knowledge)
But, having trawled through all the clips I can find anywhere on the internet, I can see no mention of it.
Doesw anyone know where I can find it?
Cheers,
Steve

syclimber

Posted Mon May 17th, 2010 11:03pm Post subject: Was I dreaming about seeing this on QI?

No, this did happen. Not sure what episode I'm afraid.
That said, I doubt they're going to stop teaching '6 wives' in schools, because it's a wee bit pedantic perhaps..

Fryphile

Member *

Posted Thu May 20th, 2010 2:13pm Post subject: Was I dreaming about seeing this on QI?

You weren't dreaming. It was the fourth episode of series A.

From QI's Wiki page

King Henry VIII technically had either three or four wives, depending on the source. His marriage to Anne of Cleves was annulled, the Pope declared his marriage with Anne Boleyn to be void as he was still married to Catherine of Aragon, and the marriage to Catherine of Aragon was declared void by Henry himself (as the new head of the Church of England) as it was illegal to marry the widow of one's brother (Catherine had previously been married to Henry's older brother Arthur). After his death, while being moved to Westminster Abbey, the king's body swelled in the heat and exploded. (Forfeit: Six)

I think of myself as someone who is filled with love, whose only purpose in life was to achieve love. - Stephen Fry

amyl_nitrate

Posted Thu Aug 12th, 2010 12:59pm Post subject: Was I dreaming about seeing this on QI?

It's also in the Book of General Ignorance, on page 1.

Assuming direct control...