Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

Fryed-And-Tested

Posted Thu Jul 12th, 2007 8:52pm Post subject: Watership Down
Unfortunately not.

amyl_nitrate

Posted Mon Jul 16th, 2007 1:59pm Post subject: Watership Down
I'll hold my hands up and admit that I've neither read Watership Down nor watched any screen adaptation of it. Somehow I've managed to avoid it thus far. Maybe I'll watch it one day, although it'll probably make me cry from what I've heard.

I used to love Animals of Farthing Wood and I collected the magazine. It was pretty harrowing sometimes, what with all the deaths and the antagonism and so forth going on. My favourites were Badger, Fox and Mole. They don't make kids' tv like that anymore do they?

Oh I know what you mean. The cartoon where your favourite characters probably will die or suffer some horrible cruelty like being encased alive in concrete (like Owl was). Who could ever foret the butcher bird spiking all the baby mice, voles and shrews on plant thorns and all the blood oozing out?

Assuming direct control...

Fryed-And-Tested

Posted Mon Jul 16th, 2007 2:03pm Post subject: Watership Down
Shrike! Shrike! I remember the butcher bird. And Owl in concrete. And do you remember all the crap that Bold the fox cub went through? He gets half-blinded, then shot, then starves and finally dies of exhaustion. Not a lucky fox.

amyl_nitrate

Posted Mon Jul 16th, 2007 2:07pm Post subject: Watership Down
Poor guy. He had a real shitty time.

Assuming direct control...