Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

gjhsu

Posted Fri Jul 24th, 2009 7:39pm Post subject: We need to grow fruit trees and vegetable trees, because...
that's where fruits and vegetables come from.

No offense to any beauty pageant well-wishers, but why do we glorify the beauty pageant system in the US (no experience with any non-US pageant ideals), and encourage little girls to go in that direction when the outcome is usually not very, erm, pretty (excuse the pun).

http://www.todaysbigthing.com/2009/07/23

This is just another example that, truly and sadly, is NOT an extreme case. Mind you, they are obviously also cases where they do good, but looking back at just the last 25 years of these events that I can remember...

Sorry to inflict such an uncomfortable pain upon you, but do watch it. You will laugh, you will cry, and you will hope someone you know doesn't turn out like this.

Thoughts? Comments?

michael

Posted Fri Jul 24th, 2009 7:48pm Post subject: We need to grow fruit trees and vegetable trees, because...
is ... is that for real?

i keep thinking i'm watching some sort of satire...

"HELLO I'M TACTILE !" is an anagram of my name

gjhsu

Posted Fri Jul 24th, 2009 7:49pm Post subject: We need to grow fruit trees and vegetable trees, because...
is ... is that for real?

i keep thinking i'm watching some sort of satire...

Oh, how we wish.... sadly it is real.

andrealein

Posted Fri Jul 24th, 2009 8:16pm Post subject: We need to grow fruit trees and vegetable trees, because...
What exactly is that where she's talking? And who are these people in the background? There's no reaction from them because they're half-asleep, not because they don't get it, right? I certainly hope so.

gjhsu

Posted Fri Jul 24th, 2009 8:27pm Post subject: We need to grow fruit trees and vegetable trees, because...
It was a city council hearing. They're trying to figure out how to get California out from their massive debt. People generally don't pay attention at those meetings :p

Britannicus

Posted Fri Jul 24th, 2009 9:57pm Post subject: We need to grow fruit trees and vegetable trees, because...
"Growing food is sooo good, um, for the people, because it's FREE...alls you have to do is pay the farmers...and pay for the land...but why do we have to pay for the land? Land's free, it's new land, you know, I mean do we have to pay for the land, do we have to pay rent, do we have to pay... The food's FREE...so we should just...sell it at the farmer's market."

My favorite had to be this one, though.

"On the east coast they have slaves, and they believe in slavery, and made in China [wtf?], but, um, on the west coast, the new west coast, we don't believe in that, we believe in the union, and that's what we are..."

I love the guy in the background that appears to be staring at her in stunned disbelief...at least for the first half or so, after that he just looks like he fell asleep. X-D

"Your room...it's CLEAN!!!"
"I prayed to God...and...it happened...but...where's my million dollars and horse!? Damn it!"

Maxx England

Posted Sat Jul 25th, 2009 11:24am Post subject: We need to grow fruit trees and vegetable trees, because...
I think that girl should go and work with children in India and China and places like that.

She's the absolute perfect candidate for youth in Asia.

The only way is forward. Now where's the bar?