Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

Katrini

Posted Mon May 14th, 2007 10:47pm Post subject: What are the circles that a hole punch takes out called?
I was doing my Uni coursework and whilst using a top quality hole punch (bargain at only £1) and I had a sudden thought...

What are the holes that a hole punch takes out called???

There has to be a name for it! If the dots on top of an I has a name, that this has to! Please help!
Kate

ClareBear

Posted Mon May 14th, 2007 11:08pm Post subject: What are the circles that a hole punch takes out called?
They're chads.

On Wiki

I want 10 QI points.

Maniac

Posted Mon May 14th, 2007 11:13pm Post subject: What are the circles that a hole punch takes out called?
Fascinating.

Britannicus

Posted Mon May 14th, 2007 11:17pm Post subject: What are the circles that a hole punch takes out called?
I am having unpleasant flashbacks to the presidential election years .

"Your room...it's CLEAN!!!"
"I prayed to God...and...it happened...but...where's my million dollars and horse!? Damn it!"

ClareBear

Posted Mon May 14th, 2007 11:21pm Post subject: What are the circles that a hole punch takes out called?
I am having unpleasant flashbacks to the presidential election years .

....which was the reason I found out what they were called.

meekychuppet

Posted Tue May 15th, 2007 1:24am Post subject: What are the circles that a hole punch takes out called?
They're chads.

On Wiki

I want 10 QI points.

I came in here to say that.

ysabella

Posted Tue May 15th, 2007 5:43am Post subject: What are the circles that a hole punch takes out called?
Yes, and they can be "hanging" or "pregnant." X-D

Skadoo

Posted Tue May 15th, 2007 8:23am Post subject: What are the circles that a hole punch takes out called?
Yes, and they can be "hanging" or "pregnant." X-D

Ahhhh that brings me back to 2000. I guess if we gained one positive out of that whole debacle it's that what those little paper bits are called has crept into common knowledge. It's not much, but it's something

boffinbabe12

Posted Tue May 15th, 2007 6:39pm Post subject: What are the circles that a hole punch takes out called?
What are the bits on the top of shoe laces called?

ClareBear

Posted Tue May 15th, 2007 6:47pm Post subject: What are the circles that a hole punch takes out called?
What are the bits on the top of shoe laces called?

you mean the tips that are usually covered in plastic or metal?

If you do, then the answer is Aglets.

10 more QI points for me.

Some gentle reading for you: http://www.fieggen.com/shoelace/faq.htm

boffinbabe12

Posted Tue May 15th, 2007 8:00pm Post subject: What are the circles that a hole punch takes out called?
Thank you! It;s been bugging me for yonks.

Rachamo

Posted Tue May 15th, 2007 9:34pm Post subject: What are the circles that a hole punch takes out called?
What's the most valueable (is that even spelt right?) thing in the world?

Rachamo loves you......

ClareBear

Posted Tue May 15th, 2007 10:08pm Post subject: What are the circles that a hole punch takes out called?
The most valuable stamp in the world is the Treskilling Yellow, which would equate to 71 billion USD per kilogram (as of 1998)

That's the highest value-to-mass ratio.

http://www.treskillingyellow.com/Default.asp

10 more points?

ClareBear

Posted Tue May 15th, 2007 10:14pm Post subject: What are the circles that a hole punch takes out called?
This is my application for QI Elvdom, by the way.

boffinbabe12

Posted Tue May 15th, 2007 11:19pm Post subject: What are the circles that a hole punch takes out called?
Well you're doing a splendid job and I would be flabberghasted if they rejected you.