Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

Kaseryn

Posted Mon Apr 16th, 2007 12:04am Post subject: What are we up to?
Just got back from the day at Herne Bay near Canterbury. Gorgeous day, and relatively sparesely populated beach weather considered. The water was COLD..
but nice to have a few brisk swims and let the sun dry you off. Relaxing, reading.. then a nice seafood meal before home. I need to get out of London more often! Wish I could have taken the camera, but too much of a worry theftwise..

JVONEARTH

Posted Mon Apr 16th, 2007 12:09am Post subject: What are we up to?
Not far from there not been there for ages. Used to get to Folkstone alot there were some good but strange shops there

Kaseryn

Posted Mon Apr 16th, 2007 12:18am Post subject: What are we up to?
I'd been to quite a few places around there as a kid and am definitely gonna get out there more now with the nice weather. I especially would like to go to Broadstairs again.. with that great sandy beach and the sudden plunge. I was just researching a Margate trip for next weekend only to discover Bembom Brothers is gone Have you done the jetski rides off Herne Bay? Looked fun.. The plane ride over the old war defences looked cool too.

JVONEARTH

Posted Mon Apr 16th, 2007 12:24am Post subject: What are we up to?
I think the theme park got destroyed by fire a few years back. I used to go to Lees Cliff Halls to see bands also a pub in Margate to be honest it was about five years ago since i was last there.
I spend time in the rural places of kent as some wanker has decided to put a railway through it!
What part of London are you in?

Kaseryn

Posted Mon Apr 16th, 2007 12:29am Post subject: What are we up to?
Hackney.. so you can see why i'd want to escape a bit! Have you been to Leeds Castle?

JVONEARTH

Posted Mon Apr 16th, 2007 12:34am Post subject: What are we up to?
Yeah been a few times i love places like that. It is something else it's bloody massive! Knole Park in Sevenoaks is good too. I lived for about a year around Hammersmith area too busy for me packed in on the underground oh no thanks. If your thinking of visiting places down here and you need info just mail me and i'll find it out for you.

Kaseryn

Posted Mon Apr 16th, 2007 12:40am Post subject: What are we up to?
Nice one, yeah i've lived here all my life really and while it is a nicer place to be in some ways now the all the students and art crowd have moved in i'd swop the conveniences for more peacful, cleaner living.. definitely. leeds Castle looks awesome mate.. always fancied seeing it.. where is it actually, nearest train station? My personal favourite castle so far is probably Caernarvon, that is one fookoff serious castle. And in such good nick. From the outside though Leeds looks awesome with that fairytale moat.. Whats Knole Park.. big wildlife place?

JVONEARTH

Posted Mon Apr 16th, 2007 12:49am Post subject: What are we up to?
I think you would have to get the train from London down to Strood Change and go to Maidstone then get one from there but can find out more if you like? might be worth going on a coach trip at least you will go straight there.
Knowle park was something to do with Henry 8th. It has a great atmosphere inside and acres of ground.
Get yourself a po box no and i'll send you yhe guides to both if you like then you can see more about them or i think they both have a website

Kaseryn

Posted Mon Apr 16th, 2007 1:01am Post subject: What are we up to?
Thats ok mate. Thanks for the offer but no doubt all that info can be gotten online. Deffo get myself up to Leeds Castle at some point. That Henry VIII seems to have ties to a whole lot of parks doesn't he? Aside from all this of course, one thing i desperately need to do is spend a week or two being a tourist in my own city. There're so many things to see and do that only really come to mind when friends from abroad come over that i really should have enjoyed myself. The amphibeous Duck Rides down the Thames and through London for instance. The London Eye.. and the Tower Bridge Tour. A play at the Globe, the London Aquarium. Etc etc

JVONEARTH

Posted Mon Apr 16th, 2007 1:04am Post subject: What are we up to?
Yeah so much to see that'a not far away

Kaseryn

Posted Mon Apr 16th, 2007 1:07am Post subject: What are we up to?
The nearer it is the more it seems to get put off.. whats Ramsgate like.. also sandy? Imagine it would be less crowded than Margate on those sunny days..

JVONEARTH

Posted Mon Apr 16th, 2007 1:10am Post subject: What are we up to?
didn't get down there much there was nothing that attracted me there. I must get up into London There are a few places i want to see related to Knights Templar...as i'm into that at the moment.

Kaseryn

Posted Mon Apr 16th, 2007 2:14am Post subject: What are we up to?
Ah yes.. very interesting all that. I read a bit around that trying to get a handle on all the connections around the newly restored Temple Bar,and the origins.. Temple, the place itself there and the associated Inns of Court. Fascinating Stuff..
must go and have a good look at that myself.. it's in Paternoster Square by St.Pauls now..

ClareBear

Posted Mon Apr 16th, 2007 7:48am Post subject: What are we up to?
Haven't been to London since I shot Dragonforce.... :'(

JVONEARTH

Posted Tue Apr 17th, 2007 10:54pm Post subject: What are we up to?
what am i up to nothing at all...i started to put my latest bike back together and that was it i need a holiday