Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

MaryG

Posted Sat Sep 8th, 2012 4:04pm Post subject: What book have you just read?

My last book would be "Zahir" by Paolo Coelho. Actually I haven't finished it yet. Loke it very much as this book gave me a lot of things to think about.

John

Posted Wed Oct 3rd, 2012 5:36am Post subject: What book have you just read?

Forgive me if this sounds too ass-kissy, but I just finished "The Fry Chronicles." However, it's what led me to seek out this website and join the forum. Now I'm on to "Moab," which I should have read first but it arrived four days after Chronicles. At any rate, I'm happy to be amongst fellow Fry lovers.

Please, sir, I'd like some more.

Diplomat

Posted Wed Oct 10th, 2012 9:28am Post subject: What book have you just read?

Keith Richards - Life, great read.

AlieSmith

Posted Sat Nov 10th, 2012 11:49am Post subject: What book have you just read?

My last one was John Templeton's "Discovering Laws of Life".

keith69

Posted Tue Nov 20th, 2012 7:26pm Post subject: What book have you just read?

I just read 'the secret of crickely hall' by james herbert. cant make up my mind to read either no comebacks by freddy(forsyth) or brazil by that rather interprid explorer michael palin. I love rading very good intellcutal activity, read the importance of being earnest and it was so funny.

StephenJames

Posted Fri Nov 30th, 2012 7:20am Post subject: What book have you just read?

I have just finished 'Them - Adventures with Extremists' by Jon Ronson. It was utterly fascinating. Quite heavy going with all the bigots and extremists and conspiracy nutbags, but fascinating, just the same. I'm now indulging a guilty pleasure and re-reading The Sum of All Fears by Tom Clancy.

Simon Brown

Posted Thu Jun 6th, 2013 5:16pm Post subject: What book have you just read?

Just been dipping in and out of "Dialogue with photography" a collection of conversations with some of the major figures of twentieth century photography. Fascinating stuff.

I think I'll reread Hitchiker's again next. For some reason Marvin reminds me of a rather tall and splendid fellow from Norfolk...

LadyLuna

Posted Sun Jun 16th, 2013 11:18pm Post subject: What book have you just read?

I'm re-reading the Spinward Fringe books - you can find the first one here for free https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/3178

SciFi is my go-to reading these days and a few different series are permanently on my Kindle (Nexus 7 with the Kindle app) for easy reading.

Ella
---
I love you, and because I love you, I would sooner have you hate me for telling you the truth than adore me for telling you lies. - Pietro Aretino

LadyLuna

Posted Mon Jun 24th, 2013 5:46pm Post subject: What book have you just read?

I just finished The Ocean At The End Of The Lane by Neil Gaiman. It's a great story and I couldn't let it go until I'd finished it. I look forward to reading it again soon.

Ella
---
I love you, and because I love you, I would sooner have you hate me for telling you the truth than adore me for telling you lies. - Pietro Aretino