Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

fryfan20

Posted Mon Feb 9th, 2009 11:10pm Post subject: What can you do...
it's terrible to hear and see (on TV) all.
Occy, hope it is save where you are.

take care

I am what I am

Maxx England

Posted Tue Feb 10th, 2009 1:45pm Post subject: What can you do...
What most impresses me is the stoic dignity of survivors on television. They've lost family and friends and everything they owned, you can see they're suffering, but still they refuse to indulge in "look at me, look at me" histrionics. Aussies often get a poor press due to the "Okker" image, but now you see their decency and inner strength. Our hearts go out to all of those in trouble.

And I hope the murderers had the wind blow it back their way. Even catch them, give them a guaranteed conviction.

The only way is forward. Now where's the bar?

Occy

Posted Tue Feb 10th, 2009 2:10pm Post subject: What can you do...
Everyone is in shock. The news crews are doing a fine job of cocking it all up asking people questions like "Why do you think you were saved?" - not something you ask someone who has lost everything including friends and neighbours.

The Oracle

Posted Tue Feb 10th, 2009 6:13pm Post subject: What can you do...
I'm certainly donating to the Red Cross. I hope all goes well with you. You and all those that are suffering at this time are in my thoughts. Take care.

Occy

Posted Wed Feb 11th, 2009 2:28am Post subject: What can you do...
I've packed up five stripey bags full of clothes and stuff i dont need - old personal cd players, kids toys, some dog stuff. Just need to find a way of getting it down there. Sending a hell of a lot of stuff I simply have been hoarding. I figure it's also one step further to being ready to move overseas.

ATM fires up here are controlled on our side, but if the wind changes - who knows. Some staff members still have houses under threat - some kids too. One workmates parents are trapped in one of the worst fire areas - so thoughts and prayers from those inclined would be good.

PamJH

Posted Wed Feb 11th, 2009 5:09am Post subject: What can you do...
USA Today had a story in today's edition and it talked about entire towns being destroyed. I do hope you stay safe and of course, you and your country are in my thoughts. Take care.
Pam

Occy

Posted Wed Feb 11th, 2009 6:26am Post subject: What can you do...
Kinglake and Marysville are gone.

PamJH

Posted Thu Feb 12th, 2009 2:01am Post subject: What can you do...
NBC news showed a firefighter giving a koala a drink of water. I only saw it for a second, but it was such a touching scene.