Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

Maniac

Posted Thu May 31st, 2007 7:43pm Post subject: What do you do when you feel yourself slipping?
How you feeling this evening?
Any better?
Keep that head above that water line!

Aoibheann

Posted Thu May 31st, 2007 8:04pm Post subject: What do you do when you feel yourself slipping?
Hi. Im good today. Had a good day at work... stressful but good. And its to beautiful a day to be feeling shit.. im sitting outside the back courtyard on the garden furniture with a cold drink beside me... chilling out after work...

Its still there.. that pain... dont know what else to call it... but i have been thinking about the simple things that are good right now.. like the weather... and the fact that im going out his weekend and have a big bank balance...

I think really its about not letting yourself go there... you know? Its about staving off those thoughts... and im going to stop talking about it... cause it makes me think about it... and when i think about it... i want to crawl into the hole... so... the weather... yeah... its gorgeous.. haha... good times... !

Hopefully tonight will be fine.... i dont enjoy the night times... horrible thoughts.

but right now.. this minute is good.

x x x

Maniac

Posted Thu May 31st, 2007 8:26pm Post subject: What do you do when you feel yourself slipping?
The weather is good with you!?
It's been raining ALL week here.
We had a bit of sun this morning and then thunder and lightning and more rain.

Aoibheann

Posted Thu May 31st, 2007 8:43pm Post subject: What do you do when you feel yourself slipping?
Oh dear.... raining? its bloody gorgeous over here... i was roasting today in work... nothin but blue skies and sun shine. it was raining earlier. but its lovely now...

I think its about making the sun shine in your head.. you know? its hilarious how optimistic i am when im in a good humour.. really it is... anything is possible... i want to smile at everyone.. offer them a hug... and a nice cold pint.. what times! what joy! christ i sound like a weirdo.. Funnily enough... i heard a quote the other day.. it was so pretty... Self awareness is the end of Innocence... isnt that so true.???.. mad stuff....

you want some Spice Girls .....? or Bob is a good man for times like these? have a looky. my favouties..! x x x x x

Maniac

Posted Thu May 31st, 2007 8:57pm Post subject: What do you do when you feel yourself slipping?
It's like a bloody bouncy castle on here.
One goes up and another goes down.

I'm starting to feel like poo again.
I am not impressed and have no been and fetched lots of chocolate and sweets.

Aoibheann

Posted Thu May 31st, 2007 9:11pm Post subject: What do you do when you feel yourself slipping?
Hhaha.. bouncy castle? Mad isnt it..? but think.. you could be amazing tomorrow.... chocolate and sweets are beautiful! sugar rush...!

Fix yourself a cocktail.. and put one of those little umbrella thingys in it.. and turn the heating on... sit back.. relax... et voila! your on holidays! pamper yourself... you will feel better for it! get out the nail varnish... the moisturiser... the oils... make yourself... i know it wont seem like you can.. but make yourself do something positive.. something that makes you feel good... you know? it will help more than waiting to feel shit... tis hard tho... something small.. a little baby step.. you know m'dear? x x

Maniac

Posted Thu May 31st, 2007 10:00pm Post subject: What do you do when you feel yourself slipping?
I know.

Anonymous

Unregistered

Posted Fri Jun 1st, 2007 12:59pm Post subject: What do you do when you feel yourself slipping?
Glad to read you're heading upwards again.
It was crazy for me today. Waste of time going into work really. Couldn't focus on anything. So I spent most of the day tidying up the last 6 months worth of paper work. Need to settle down by Monday though, have a busy week ahead.
Take care,
xox
Pete

varick

Posted Sat Jun 2nd, 2007 11:55pm Post subject: What do you do when you feel yourself slipping?
Allow it. I want to, and there is no point fighting a lost war, especially as you are only going to be upset when you loose anyway.

Well that is it for me.

Anonymous

Unregistered

Posted Mon Jun 4th, 2007 6:22am Post subject: What do you do when you feel yourself slipping?
Just a thought on this topic.

I know listening music has been mentioned... Even the Spice Girls!!.

BUT, one thing that I think is generally (but not always) agreed upon, is the ability for music to recall moments of ones life. Especially back to the first time you heard the song in question.

I've heard many people say, and have also said so myself... "I can remember where I was, and what I was doing the first time I heard that song."

One thing I love doing is to play songs that remind me of happy times.
For instance, 1984/5 was a great period for me. I had just left school, was studying at College and loving it, was still really into Top 40 music, was still care-free and a had great summer.
Whenever I play some of the songs that were released during this period, the memories come flooding back.

I'm going be very cautious (but honest) here and name a few. Please don't flame or laugh at me.... pleeeease.

(CR = Can't remember the Artist)
1. Spandau Ballet - Ill Fly for You/Gold/Only When You Leave.
2. C/R - She Works Hard for the Money
3. Australian Crawl - Reckless (Probably unknown, other than in Aust)
4. Daryl Breathway - One Summer (Another Aust Artist)
5. Elton John - Too Low 4 Zero/Cold as Christmas /In Neon/Sad Songs)
6. C/R - Putting on the Ritz (Re-Release)

There are so many, many, more, and these were all receiving lots of airplay around this period.....

Perhaps explore the past, especially the songs that take you back to happier times.... Possibly worth a try when feeling down. However, and conversely, avoid the ones that recall the less happier times

Anyway, take care.
xox
Pete

varick

Posted Mon Jun 4th, 2007 2:55pm Post subject: What do you do when you feel yourself slipping?
Some music effects people for that reason i agree. That it reminds one of a certain time.

I also find that lyrics can be quite emotionally arousing.

Varick.