Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

Nitro

Posted Fri Jul 17th, 2009 10:39pm Post subject: What do you like about Twitter the most?
So far, and I'm a greenhorn here, what I love the most is the ability to follow people so interesting, entertaining, funny, informative and yes, sometimes rude, silly, etc. That's Life...

Also like trying to do a tweet like: Only oblong orafices originate on oblisks/so stutter, so stare silly star etc etc....and frankly, i suck at it but keep trying

Is there a list here by any chance of 'follow recommendations'? I'm always up for suggestions and it might be kinda cool to have a central location here (vs that awful 'trends' list thing on my home page ) [/url]

Really? Wow.

PamJH

Posted Sat Jul 18th, 2009 5:43am Post subject: What do you like about Twitter the most?
When I'm on it, which hasn't been much lately, is the ability to reach people so quickly. That's been really helpful for forum projects. Plus it's fun to get a quick word in with people from all over the world.

Nitro

Posted Sat Jul 18th, 2009 5:57am Post subject: What do you like about Twitter the most?
It kind of gets boring really fast for me. Without the 'follow' aspect, it'd suck. At least i don't have to sign in to follow what the folks are writing

Really? Wow.

Antonia

Posted Sat Jul 18th, 2009 10:23am Post subject: What do you like about Twitter the most?
I love to be always up-to-date with what the people do who I follow. I also like answering tweets and get followed back myself. ^_^ And recieving answers of people I'd never meet in real live is also very exciting and interesting.

IdeaCollector

Posted Tue Aug 4th, 2009 6:09pm Post subject: What do you like about Twitter the most?
its a quick and easy way for my friends to keep posted on what is going on with me.

I used to be EternalStudent on these forums until the switch over. So don't get excited..I'm not someone new and exciting. I'm just me :P

Nitro

Posted Mon Aug 24th, 2009 9:36pm Post subject: What do you like about Twitter the most?

Since starting this thread, as I've stated elsewhere I think, I've quit Twitter. It was a very short romance between us. Mildly intense at first, but quickly faded into,"Yeah..um..I'm just not that into you."

Really? Wow.

Sub-Level28

Posted Sun Sep 20th, 2009 9:32am Post subject: What do you like about Twitter the most?

I use it as a sort of news filter and to keep up with people I'd like to keep up with and such. And depending on how attention starved I am I tweet in irregular spurts. But I use Facebook the same way though it is more of a social tool for me as I chat and keep in touch with people.
I managed through twitter to get some proper starter advice on how to learn japanese. Which I'm about to set out learning just to learn something new. That and I find japanese to be a gorgeous language.

I wish I was a shapeshifter.
Sub-Level 28, My blog

Art is any created work that provokes strong emotions in you, personally. And trying to impose your feelings on someone else is as pointless and time-consuming as trying to impregnate a dishwasher.

TheElephant

Posted Fri Sep 25th, 2009 11:04am Post subject: What do you like about Twitter the most?

I like following a few people on there that are interesting anyway.

My favourite is the #tag games though.

currently running is #countryrock
some examples:

Straw Bales & Fields Forever
Muckfly
Sheep Purple

I've not joined in on this one yet, need to put my #tagging head on and get to it....

razibur

Posted Sun Oct 4th, 2009 4:33pm Post subject: What do you like about Twitter the most?

hmm I like that I can see all sorts of statuses fast and easy. I can follow blogs, see who is listening to what BTR show and even what music people like. its fast and friendly!

Mengembalikan Jati Diri Bangsa|
Kenali Dan Kunjungi Objek Wisata Di Pandeglang

TheElephant

Posted Sun Oct 4th, 2009 11:59pm Post subject: What do you like about Twitter the most?

Friday's party at #Fry's was a riot.

Mrs D

Posted Thu Oct 8th, 2009 9:38pm Post subject: What do you like about Twitter the most?

I have a love/hate relationship with Twitter. I love the speed of it and the rather sneaky, naughty feeling I get from following real live celebrities (I am a little sad like that and suppose I should get out more )

I have issues with people who update their status every 30 seconds with utterly pointless trivia. I had to stop following a friend who delighted in posting status updates of going upstairs, going back downstairs, cooking dinner, eating dinner, washing up, putting the plates away, going for a poo (honestly, I kid you not!!!) brushing their teeth and locking the house up before bed. There was only so much excitement I could stand at my age...........

I definitely talk too much.........please feel free to tell me to shut up - I almost never take offence!

Voguedotcom

Posted Sun Oct 11th, 2009 8:02pm Post subject: What do you like about Twitter the most?

There's only one reason I joined Twitter, and that was so I could see what Mr Fry is getting up to. I like to keep up to date with what he is doing and have been going through all the past blogs on here today.
Got to say Mr Fry, I love the way you write. When I'm reading any of my books, it's pretty much your voice that reads in my head, it makes the books I read seem so much better.

Would be good if you could follow me on Twitter as well, Stephen. I would be greatly honoured. My twitter name is Voguedotcom.
It would be the greatest Christmas present I could ever be given.

Nitro

Posted Mon Oct 12th, 2009 5:39am Post subject: What do you like about Twitter the most?

Don't you have to invite through the Twitter site itself?

anyway, I'm thinking of re-opening the twitter account if for no other reason than to help Pam get some attention to her points. Maybe one more voice crying in the wilderness, now filled with thousands, will be heard. Maybe.

Really? Wow.

Voguedotcom

Posted Mon Oct 12th, 2009 11:46am Post subject: What do you like about Twitter the most?

Nitro said:
Don't you have to invite through the Twitter site itself?

anyway, I'm thinking of re-opening the twitter account if for no other reason than to help Pam get some attention to her points. Maybe one more voice crying in the wilderness, now filled with thousands, will be heard. Maybe.

Well, I am following him, but I don't know how to use it properly yet, I don't think you can send invitations like that. If you can, please let me know.

johnbartram

Posted Wed Oct 14th, 2009 12:48pm Post subject: What do you like about Twitter the most?

It was to learn more on how best to use Twitter that brought me here.

I have found Twitter useful to make contact with those of similar interests and then, to keep updated. When I post to my blog, for example, a note on Twitter attracts attention. I have also learned from my Twitter contacts.

I now need to learn how to sift the messages, to filter the most useful from the mass.