Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

ClareBear

Posted Wed Oct 15th, 2008 7:33pm Post subject: What do you think?
Behold the shiny.

McGrew

Posted Thu Oct 16th, 2008 5:28am Post subject: What do you think?
certainly busier, graphic wise... but I think I like it. (The banner reminds
me of James May's 20th Century open.)

Charles

ThomasP

Posted Thu Oct 16th, 2008 5:38am Post subject: What do you think?
A feast for the eyes and ears, to be sure -- and a fitting online home for an inspiring and gracious polymath.

Jillus

Posted Thu Oct 16th, 2008 5:53am Post subject: What do you think?
I very much prefer this to the puke green of yesterday. The banner is quite wonderful as well. I love the graphics. Am exploring some more right now, but so far, most excellent. Well done!

gjhsu

Posted Thu Oct 16th, 2008 6:01am Post subject: What do you think?
The old site had a lot of charm, but I definitely do like this new one!

Good job, all who were involved!

ysabella

Posted Thu Oct 16th, 2008 6:25am Post subject: What do you think?
This is very fresh-looking indeed! And the whole thing is quite exciting. Looking forward to figuring everything out.

Thanks for the hard work, web team! We salute you!

favoritedarkness

Posted Thu Oct 16th, 2008 7:53am Post subject: What do you think?
I love it

Shader

Posted Thu Oct 16th, 2008 8:30am Post subject: What do you think?
The site is nice and I love the banner.

One thing that does bug me is the balance. The frames are heavier or busier on the right side instead of the left. I'd prefer them switched. I find menus and links should be on the left and large bodies of text on the right.

Fortunately, I suspect I can get used to this.

However, the frames also have an affect on the forums. The actual posts are squashed in the left frame and I prefer them able to expand across the screen. So it would be nice to ditch the right frame when viewing the forums and move that stuff either above the boards or below them. The centered forums are easier to read and having wider posts allows for better reading or viewing.

Otherwise it's fantastic!

Soupy Twist

Posted Thu Oct 16th, 2008 9:56am Post subject: What do you think?
I love it! I'm still getting used to all the new new features and everything, but the very first impression with the fresh new look is quite impressive.

amyl_nitrate

Posted Thu Oct 16th, 2008 10:00am Post subject: What do you think?
NO! I just spent ages writing an epic post and it's gone!!!! Wah!! :'(

Assuming direct control...

amyl_nitrate

Posted Thu Oct 16th, 2008 10:07am Post subject: What do you think?
*secondattempt*

This is so exciting. I can't wait to see inside ClubFry. I'm really curious to what that's going to be like. There are so many shiny new places to explore. I can't wait to get to my computer at home and check out the audio/video section properly. ^_^

I love the banner at the top of the page. I totally squeed when I saw the octopus, the whale and bunny. Three of my favourite animals. Such beautiful creatures. ^_^ I'm having so much fun working out what some of the pictures at the top are. like what's that to the left of the crown? Shaving gel? Deodorant? And who's that above it? Is it Stephen Fry's dad? And what's that inbetween the globe and the computer? A bottle of yakult or milk? I really like the banner, i like all the cables and cords and earphones and other gadgetry oddbods like the iPhone.

So it would be nice to ditch the right frame when viewing the forums and move that stuff either above the boards or below them. The centered forums are easier to read and having wider posts allows for better reading or viewing.

NO! Not above or below. Right or left is fine but above or below is really really really annoying. I remember the horrors on a forum i used to frequent where they had a big ass box of something at the top and it was soooooo annoying they had to move it elsehwere after all the complaints.

*squee* Octopus!! \^0^/

Soupy Twist

Posted Thu Oct 16th, 2008 10:15am Post subject: What do you think?

I love the banner at the top of the page. I totally squeed when I saw the octopus, the whale and bunny. Three of my favourite animals. Such beautiful creatures. ^_^ I'm having so much fun working out what some of the pictures at the top are. like what's that to the left of the crown? Shaving gel? Deodorant? And who's that above it? Is it Stephen Fry's dad? And what's that inbetween the globe and the computer? A bottle of yakult or milk? I really like the banner, i like all the cables and cords and earphones and other gadgetry oddbods like the iPhone.

I love the banner, too, the black cab, the iPhone and the armchairs and everything in between. I'm also looking forward to ClubFry

amyl_nitrate

Posted Thu Oct 16th, 2008 10:20am Post subject: What do you think?
You know what else is exciting? The Stephen Fry.com exclusive "Stephen Fry presents a selection of Oscar Wilde short stories."

*bouncesroundarmsflailing*

OMGOMGOMG!!!!

\^0^/

I'm gonna expwode waiting for this one! I've always thought he should record some Oscar Wilde stories. I love listening to his reading of the Selfish Giant in Wilde.

Emma18

Posted Thu Oct 16th, 2008 10:32am Post subject: What do you think?
LOVE IT! Seriously guys, you've done a fantastic job

fish_chip

Posted Thu Oct 16th, 2008 10:55am Post subject: What do you think?
Full of surprises!
I LOVE IT!
....and I'm very curious about Clubfry too!! can't wait to see what wonders it hides!