Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

gadgetgirl

Posted Thu Oct 16th, 2008 11:16am Post subject: What do you think?
Brilliant - love the picture at the top! It would be nice if we could get the forum section a little wider (although the layout is fine for me). well done all you guys doing the hard work.

That would be me.

CollectorManiac

Posted Thu Oct 16th, 2008 12:03pm Post subject: What do you think?
I love it!
The banner is immense, it's all terribly full of stuff which is occupying me during my sociology lesson =P

Great job guys!

CollectorManiac

Posted Thu Oct 16th, 2008 12:04pm Post subject: What do you think?
Bugger, I'm gonna have to resize my signature again though when I get in =S

Midsomerlover

Posted Thu Oct 16th, 2008 12:15pm Post subject: What do you think?
It's wonderful! Brilliant! Yes, I can't wait to learn what ClubFry is!

@midsomerlover on Twitter.

Midsomerlover

Posted Thu Oct 16th, 2008 12:29pm Post subject: What do you think?
BTW Stephen thanks for keeping the site as free as possible. I've always appreciated that and I will do so in the future. No matter how many ads

fish_chip

Posted Thu Oct 16th, 2008 12:35pm Post subject: What do you think?
BTW Stephen thanks for keeping the site as free as possible. I've always appreciated that and I will do so in the future. No matter how many ads

I agree, I can't stand useless commercial banners etc. And I appreciate very much all the work behind the site!

Midsomerlover

Posted Thu Oct 16th, 2008 12:43pm Post subject: What do you think?

I agree, I can't stand useless commercial banners etc. And I appreciate very much all the work behind the site!

Well, it's true isn't it? Stephen has now had a site for about six or seven years and I can't remember anyone being charged for anything.

wooden_elf

Posted Thu Oct 16th, 2008 1:11pm Post subject: What do you think?
My very first reaction is thatI absolutely love it!!

Going to spend some time to discover the site.

Thank god you have more than 140 characters to use up.

taluta

Posted Thu Oct 16th, 2008 1:16pm Post subject: What do you think?
It is beautiful! I love the banner, so much going on... just a tad curious about the relevance of each item to Stephen, at least those which are perhaps less obvious.

The layout is clear and the navigation is simple... I really do love StephenFry 2.0.

My only peeve, and this is purely from an aesthetic point of view, from someone who has an aversion to the impersonal. It appears just a tad to businessy and/or stark. Is it the font or the colour of the font? I can't decide.

I understand this is, for all intents and purposes, going to viewed by many, many people and that it is necessary to maintain a businesslike approach, especially when advertising and charges are to become a part of the site. I am infinitely aware of how fussy some businesses are about where they do or do not post their advertising, BUT, perhaps something just slightly more organic in appearance may make it appear warmer or more welcoming? Anyway, it is just a thought.

Aside from that, I wish to say jolly well done to everyone involved!

'Tell them I came, and no one answered,
That I kept my word,' he said.
Ay, they heard his foot upon the stirrup,
And the sound of iron on stone,
And how the silence surged softly backward,
When the plunging hoofs were gone.

The Listeners
by Walter De La Mare

EvaInNL

Posted Thu Oct 16th, 2008 1:55pm Post subject: What do you think?
I really like the new format! Banner is fun and colourful, it's easier to navigate. Chapeau chappies & chapettes!

Eva

"Laugh as often as you can. It's cheap medicine."
Lord Byron

dulieGirl

Posted Thu Oct 16th, 2008 2:08pm Post subject: What do you think?
First of all it's lovely! Second, I was completely beside myself last night with no forum to check. Thank Gods you're back!

Shader

Posted Thu Oct 16th, 2008 2:38pm Post subject: What do you think?
NO! Not above or below. Right or left is fine but above or below is really really really annoying. I remember the horrors on a forum i used to frequent where they had a big ass box of something at the top and it was soooooo annoying they had to move it elsehwere after all the complaints.

What about it just disappearing completely then?

The fact that the forum posts are quite small is very annoying. I was going to say wider is better but then my head completely fell in the gutter for some reason...

Fryphile

Member *

Posted Thu Oct 16th, 2008 2:38pm Post subject: What do you think?
I want to make sweet, honey-dipped love to the site.

I think of myself as someone who is filled with love, whose only purpose in life was to achieve love. - Stephen Fry

Khalaris

Posted Thu Oct 16th, 2008 2:58pm Post subject: What do you think?
Very nice. I love the new picture at the top. I'm glad the colour scheme is a bit more neutral. The green always seemed a bit in-your-face.

IdeaCollector

Posted Thu Oct 16th, 2008 3:12pm Post subject: What do you think?
My god it is such a lovely looking place. Hats off to the epic web design team.

Simply gorgeous. And so glad to have access to all the non-twitter forum fans again.

I used to be EternalStudent on these forums until the switch over. So don't get excited..I'm not someone new and exciting. I'm just me :P