Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

jp

Posted Sun Jan 2nd, 2011 1:55pm Post subject: What do you think of Stephen Fry?

Hello lovely people I'm new and I need your help!

I need to hear your thoughts on stephen fry and how society sees him whether from the comedy days or QI what ever you like.

I should really explain why shouldn't I?

Well I need some texts on the representation of Stephen Fry as my chosen subject for my english language coursework.

So thanks in advance!

I\\\'m not scared of the dark I\\\\\\\'m scared of the ninjas hiding in the dark.

ThisEmbrace

Posted Mon Jan 3rd, 2011 6:24pm Post subject: What do you think of Stephen Fry?

* Face his own demons - addictions, bipolar, obesity, dis-satisfaction with his physical self - and sharing them openly with the public
* Writing to his 14 y/o self
* Wild uses of language in sexual terms
* A mysterious atmosphere surounding his sexuality
* Eloquence in debate
* Intelligent yet unsophisticated
* What he loves he enjoys them passionately, even if it may not have tremendous public appeal, ie. Wagner
* Self-deprecated yet no false humility
* Vulnerabilty
* Gorgeousness
* Wittiness
* Self-destructive yet not self-centred

Sir Tiny Creep

Posted Fri Jan 7th, 2011 11:29pm Post subject: What do you think of Stephen Fry?

Stephen Fry seems a jolly nice fellow, loved by all.

aedan

Posted Sat Jan 8th, 2011 1:49am Post subject: What do you think of Stephen Fry?

Stephen Fry for Pope.

I'd like that picture for wallpaper on my iMac.

Nitro

Posted Tue Jan 11th, 2011 8:15pm Post subject: What do you think of Stephen Fry?

jp said:

Well I need some texts on the representation of Stephen Fry as my chosen subject for my english language coursework.

So thanks in advance!

Does your explanation, if I understand it as written, actually mean 'the public image of stephen fry'? That's about the only way most could say they know him anyhow, isn't it?

Really? Wow.

Jupiter_Moonchild

Posted Thu Jan 20th, 2011 2:27pm Post subject: What do you think of Stephen Fry?

jp said:
Hello lovely people I'm new and I need your help!

I need to hear your thoughts on stephen fry and how society sees him whether from the comedy days or QI what ever you like.

So thanks in advance!

Well I can't speak for society but I've always seen him as brilliant.
In Blackadder, hilarious.
In Fry and Laurie, original and funny.
On Qi I see him as a poor guy that's been given the thankless task of trying to herd cats. But still hilariously intelligent.
The few times I've seen him in interviews, where he has bared his soul, I feel he's a man that would benefit from a hug but is unable to ask, because he doesn't want to be a bother.
Shy Genius.

Hope that helps.

Why does the Doctor never wipe his feet on the way into the TARDIS?

Anthony Miller

Posted Sat Feb 5th, 2011 3:50pm Post subject: What do you think of Stephen Fry?

He wakes me up every day.

http://www.pearshapedcomedy.com

Apple

Posted Mon Feb 14th, 2011 4:57am Post subject: What do you think of Stephen Fry?

I think Stephen Fry would be someone I could have a conversation with. I'm generally very shy around people, but I believe he has a certain quality that would allow me to actually look him in the eye. However, some of his usage of the English language makes me think of an H.P. Lovecraft story, so it would be difficult to understand him at times.

Honest to god, ducks are rapists. Also, dolphins.

shinningbrightly

Posted Wed Feb 16th, 2011 5:05pm Post subject: What do you think of Stephen Fry?

I, like apple think I could be able to talk to him without feeling embarressed or to shy, I'm extremly shy and would never look anyone in the face but he seems very truthful and down to earth.
To me he can be an inspiration, as he is still making a life for himself even while fightening himself, (which in my experiances, is extremly hard, scary and tiring. yet he still does it)
I love him in blackadder and now in QI and hope to gain stentgh in how he continues on.
keep shinning brightly x

You've taken my mood ring! I don't know how I feel about that now. (ESSE QUAM VIDERI always)

annambates

Posted Sat Feb 26th, 2011 10:35am Post subject: What do you think of Stephen Fry?

After listening to the Fry Chronicles, my impression is that he is a normal, yet extraordinary man. Real, not a media perception. And quite frankly, nice! x

annambates

Posted Sat Feb 26th, 2011 10:37am Post subject: What do you think of Stephen Fry?

After listening to the Fry Chronicles, my impression is that he is a normal, yet extraordinary man. Real, not a media perception. And quite frankly, nice! x

writer20

Posted Sat Mar 12th, 2011 9:37am Post subject: What do you think of Stephen Fry?

Stephen Fry is the kind of person that I want to learn about the world from. For two reasons.
One...he has a face that appears smug even when he is far from feeling like that.
Two...he has discovered knowledge through a desire to learn and I think that he would thusly make a good teacher for me. Having both the desire to learn, but also he has this voice can that makes my mind melt into a willingness to absorb the brilliance.

NewForestCat

Posted Sun Mar 13th, 2011 8:13pm Post subject: What do you think of Stephen Fry?

I think Stephen Fry works very hard and gets billions of tweets on twitter asking him to do an awful lot. I have bypolar/Aspergers/Crohn's disease which is a lot but I'm not called upon to solve everyone's problems. I think sometimes it would be nice if everyone like today 13th March 2011 just sent nice messages via twitter i.e hope u ok xx, not can you do this/that/the other. Sometimes a person needs space for whatever reason. I like MrsStephenFry tweets and I respect Stephen Fry a great deal but please everyone do not put upon too much, he's only human not superman.
best wishes xx

Monsieur Cat/LOUISE LEBLANC/NEWFORESTCAT

SophieBird

Posted Sat Dec 17th, 2011 6:01pm Post subject: What do you think of Stephen Fry?

I see Stephen Fry as a rare and delicate (on a spiritual level) bird, who miraculously has managed to survive, and actual flourish despite many personal demons, in a world determined to destroy any and all things which necessary for living have to genuine worth - acceptance, tolerance, understanding. Oddly enough I have only recently discovered Stephen Fry and his wonderful humor and sense of the absurdities in life. I nominate him for the Ought to Be Cloned award. The world definitely needs more Stephen Fry.