Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

Antonia

Posted Sat May 16th, 2009 10:44pm Post subject: What do you want that you probably won't get?
Didn't you know? We've had online tea here for ages And bikkies.
Like these?
http://www.taste.com.au/images/recipes/agt/2007/03/16338.jpg
*munch*

Maxx England

Posted Sat May 16th, 2009 10:50pm Post subject: What do you want that you probably won't get?
From Pratchett's Thief Of Time, "Mmmm, nicey bikkit".

The only way is forward. Now where's the bar?

PamJH

Posted Sun May 17th, 2009 2:44am Post subject: What do you want that you probably won't get?
Red Mini - just cut another few inches off your shortest red skirt and you're in business. Let me know when, I'll book the flight to come and pass judgement

Yes, but can I drive a car while wearing it?
Another thing I probably won't get: fluency in Spanish

JSKanga84

Posted Sun May 17th, 2009 3:03am Post subject: What do you want that you probably won't get?
I want a Macbook. Not too hard to get; I just have to wait a couple more years until my current computer dies.
PamJH, I'd also like to be fluent in Spanish, but the possibility looks darker every day... I'm getting a Master's in Spanish literature and I'm still not fluent.... :'(

exoskeleton

Posted Sun May 17th, 2009 4:51am Post subject: What do you want that you probably won't get?
nothing too serious. don't feel like being serious right now.

QI on American television
any one of my favorite musicians/bands to make a tour stop in my hometown
see John Oliver doing stand up again
more sidewalks around my hometown

sockdolager.

Telepresent

Posted Sun May 17th, 2009 5:00am Post subject: What do you want that you probably won't get?
Hmm,

I'd like slightly more musical talent then I am allowed in this paragraph. I guess I didn't practice too many times.

Dammit.

Katrina

Posted Sun May 17th, 2009 6:17am Post subject: What do you want that you probably won't get?
QI on American television
more sidewalks around my hometown
Agree on both. We do need some sidewalks here! And QI.

Moving into the completely preposterous: I will never have the ability to eat whatever I want and not gain weight. It would be cool, though.

Open to suggestions as to what my sig should consist of...

exoskeleton

Posted Sun May 17th, 2009 6:23am Post subject: What do you want that you probably won't get?
^I thought about that one. probably with the Ben and Jerry's aftertaste still in my mouth.

I am also thinking I'd like a combination of the Firefox and Chrome browsers retaining only the features I like. and eliminating the features about each that I dislike.

sockdolager.

Nitro

Posted Sun May 17th, 2009 8:32am Post subject: What do you want that you probably won't get?
That pink teacup with the bunnies on it is beyond cute!!

Really? Wow.

IdeaCollector

Posted Sun May 17th, 2009 10:21am Post subject: What do you want that you probably won't get?
What I would like that I'm not entirely sure I'll be able to get...

My PhD (my grades totaled a 3.5 for my masters programs but that is both the program i finished and the one i transfered from. If it were just the one I finished it would be 3.95)

A job in cinema studies...at the university level.

A flat in london that allows small dogs.

A boyfriend who lands somewhere in the middle between David Mitchell's personality and Seth MacFarlane's.

My lyphedema to go away forever.

Be able to run again.

Be able to rollerskate again.

Never have cancer or anything like cancer ever again.

I used to be EternalStudent on these forums until the switch over. So don't get excited..I'm not someone new and exciting. I'm just me :P

Soph

Posted Sun May 17th, 2009 12:49pm Post subject: What do you want that you probably won't get?
I'd like a quaint little cottage in the countryside, with a large garden and a lovely scenery. I'd have to take my cats with me and get some other pets, hedgehogs, rabbits and perhaps some farm animals. X-D I'd be able to paint outside and be inspired by the nature.
First, before anything, I'd have to become confident and become independant, which seems as unlikely as the above. I do rather like that idea though.

And of course, I have to say this; I'd like to unexpectedly see Stephen somewhere. I'd be to frightened to meet him though. :-//

Photobucket

PamJH

Posted Sun May 17th, 2009 3:59pm Post subject: What do you want that you probably won't get?
I want a Macbook. Not too hard to get; I just have to wait a couple more years until my current computer dies.
PamJH, I'd also like to be fluent in Spanish, but the possibility looks darker every day... I'm getting a Master's in Spanish literature and I'm still not fluent.... :'(

I really want to be fluent because I plan to retire to your great state. I love Texas! My kids are spending half the summer there this year.

You can read Spanish lit? I can read simple passages in the present tense and that's about it.

Another thing I want (I am very greedy): To spend a month in England.

Peachy Keenan

Posted Sun May 17th, 2009 4:29pm Post subject: What do you want that you probably won't get?
I try to be rather content with myself and be thankful for what I already have but there are just some things that are asking too much.

Things I want, but can't have include...
~ meeting Stephen Fry. I know it will never happen. What are the odds he'd ever come here? None. And I doubt I'd ever live in England. I seriously doubt I'd get the chance when I visit London in October.

~ Italian citizenship. I was so close to gaining it this year, but it turns out my grandmother renounced it when she married my grandfather, who was a British subject at the time, so as such, I am ineligible.

~ To win something in Lotto. I know, I know, it's so silly. But just once... even if it's a few hundred in division 285030 or something.

~ A cadetship at the ABC (Australian Broadcasting Corp). Despite holding a media degree, thousands of other hopefuls who submit their names for a cadetship probably have more of a chance than I do.

~ A home of my own. I don't count on this happening for a long time. At least, not now.

~ More pets! Living with parentals who are suspicious of animals does not help. I'm surprised they allowed me to have my own cat.

Twittering @peachykeenan!

Maxx England

Posted Sun May 17th, 2009 7:35pm Post subject: What do you want that you probably won't get?
Red Mini - just cut another few inches off your shortest red skirt and you're in business. Let me know when, I'll book the flight to come and pass judgement

Yes, but can I drive a car while wearing it?
Another thing I probably won't get: fluency in Spanish

Can you drive? My dear, it'll be compulsory

Fluent Spanish, I don't know, but I'd be perfectly willing to help you sort out your genders

The only way is forward. Now where's the bar?

Mister

Posted Sun May 17th, 2009 10:42pm Post subject: What do you want that you probably won't get?
I want

- My mum to stop worrying

- Medications with a nice taste, like chocolate

- The ability to eat whatever I want without gaining weight

- An "R2D2 garbage bin

- To never, ever hear Fairytale - the Marching Band edition again (yes the Eurovision winner, played by 12 year olds, on tubas )

- To watch television for more than 15 minutes without seeing Alexander Rybak and/or hearing Fairytale (yes, he is a really nice boy and the song is great, but seriously, do I need to hear it in every commercial break, every single news cast, every time I leave the house, turn on the radio et cetera, et cetera, NO)

Beautiful thing, the destruction of words.