Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

Nitro

Posted Sun May 17th, 2009 11:14pm Post subject: What do you want that you probably won't get?
For those wishing relief from physical ailments, I hope your wishes come true. I understand pain a bit as I'm frequently in need of a Narcotic Cocktail X-D It is frustrating to not be able to do things due to physical issues. Mine are slowly resolving so I don't have to do any wishing. But I know that's not true for everyone here and even though I don't know any of you personally, I'm one of those 'hyper-sensitive' types that feel honestly sorry for your troubles. So hang in there, keep your chin and smiles up, and accept you are born to be fighters.

Pam, which part of England would you spend a month in? Or are you thinking you'd travel around? I spent almost a month there and, no offense to our English members, whoever said the only difference between Americans and English is the use of our respective language is full of shit X-D I adore my friends there but for me there was no similarities really, other than being human beings. I found it wildly different than being in the states, which was cool because that's part of being a traveler/adventurer isn't it?

Really? Wow.

SheepSleepSoundly

Posted Mon May 18th, 2009 4:55am Post subject: What do you want that you probably won't get?
I wish I could get into Medical School this year.

I wish I wasn't so afraid of not getting into med school

I hope that when/if I leave the job I do with my dad he won't be too disappointed.

Help

Posted Mon May 18th, 2009 12:16pm Post subject: What do you want that you probably won't get?
I wish I had a way with words

Help

Posted Mon May 18th, 2009 12:25pm Post subject: What do you want that you probably won't get?
I wish I was little bit taller,
I wish I was a baller
I wish I had a girl who looked good
I would call her
I wish I had a rabbit in a hat with a bat
and a '64 Impala

Especially the bit about a rabbit in a hat with a bat, who cool would that be.

eppie

Posted Mon May 18th, 2009 2:13pm Post subject: What do you want that you probably won't get?
Let's see...

I wish I could see Bill Nighy as Zaphod Beeblebrox.

I wish I could see Maggie Gyllenhaal as Harlequin.

'probably' is not the exact word. It's impossible. LOL

joan

Posted Mon May 18th, 2009 3:51pm Post subject: What do you want that you probably won't get?
I want my cast to be off my leg so I can charge around the garden again.

I want my husband to feel better, so that we can go places and have fun.

I want to understand the modern world, instead of constantly being flummoxed and appalled by things like immensely ugly evil rap music, big brother programs on the telly, and the sexual mores of Rugby League players (the last is an Australian thing)

ladyfromhamburg

Posted Mon May 18th, 2009 3:58pm Post subject: What do you want that you probably won't get?
Joan, I don't know if anything will ever change regarding the Rugby League Players, but I definitely will cross my fingers for you that the cast will be off very soon and I also hope that your husband's knee (I think that's right?) is getting better so that the whole situation will become easier for you.

michael

Posted Mon May 18th, 2009 4:01pm Post subject: What do you want that you probably won't get?
I spent almost a month there and, no offense to our English members, whoever said the only difference between Americans and English is the use of our respective language is full of shit X-D I adore my friends there but for me there was no similarities really, other than being human beings. I found it wildly different than being in the states, which was cool because that's part of being a traveler/adventurer isn't it?

for sure Nitro

i heard a u.s. diplomat working overseas say that when she hears americans or british people complaining about what one country has&doesnt have, does & doesn't do, etc.... it's like they haven't accepted that it's two different cultures. that because both places use english folks kind of assume there's not exotic differences. she said once she changed that attitude, nothing bothered her and it was more fun.

I haven't been but I think about it a lot! Especially London, seems like a lot of fun!!

A BIG DITTO from me on the health wishes. I wish all my friends here the best life possible.

(and i hope you know i was teasing about stealing a motorcycle from a boyfriend)

"HELLO I'M TACTILE !" is an anagram of my name

HollyBolly

Posted Mon May 18th, 2009 5:57pm Post subject: What do you want that you probably won't get?
I would want...

A chane to talk to Stephen Fry, what about... I'm not sure. Just a chance to talk to him about anything really, he makes everything so interesting.

A chance at getting into Cambridge to do English.

An A* in my maths GCSE, but considering how badly the exam I sat today went that one will definetly not happen.

To be rid of my acne, a very childish complaint I know, but I'd quite like to go to prom without feeling like a dot to dot.

I'm sure I could think of a list of things as long as my arm I would like but won't ever get. Oh well, we must make do.

Lauz

Posted Mon May 18th, 2009 6:15pm Post subject: What do you want that you probably won't get?
I want to get my bike license before i go to Uni,
I want a pet rat
and i want hair that doesn't have a mind of its own.

exoskeleton

Posted Mon May 18th, 2009 6:45pm Post subject: What do you want that you probably won't get?
I wish I was little bit taller,
I wish I was a baller
I wish I had a girl who looked good
I would call her
I wish I had a rabbit in a hat with a bat
and a '64 Impala

Especially the bit about a rabbit in a hat with a bat, who cool would that be.

this did not get the appreciation it should have!

X-D X-D X-D X-D X-D

sockdolager.

andrealein

Posted Mon May 18th, 2009 9:11pm Post subject: What do you want that you probably won't get?
I want at least eight hours of sleep every night. Without having to go to bed earlier.
And a baby elephant.

Maxx England

Posted Mon May 18th, 2009 9:14pm Post subject: What do you want that you probably won't get?
I want at least eight hours of sleep every night. Without having to go to bed earlier.
And a baby elephant.

Well I'll do my best but I'm not making any promises

The only way is forward. Now where's the bar?

exoskeleton

Posted Mon May 18th, 2009 9:29pm Post subject: What do you want that you probably won't get?
oh here is one: a 3.0 average. so far the only grades I've gotten from last semester have brought it down. but there are two more classes I have yet to find out about and they should be good. *crosses fingers*

sockdolager.