Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

carphi

Posted Sun May 24th, 2009 11:05pm Post subject: What has Youtube done with Q I?
Has anyone else noticed that is hard to find Q I episodes of QI? I keep running into chinese things which I dont want, I used to find them much easier.

"well I told you so..or did I?

IdeaCollector

Posted Mon May 25th, 2009 3:44am Post subject: What has Youtube done with Q I?
the people who post them keep getting caught and their videos removed...i suspect its due to the high traffic alerting the presses so to speak. a few i know of uploaded all the videos again up to 5 times before conking out.

I used to be EternalStudent on these forums until the switch over. So don't get excited..I'm not someone new and exciting. I'm just me :P

carphi

Posted Tue May 26th, 2009 5:00pm Post subject: What has Youtube done with Q I?
the people who post them keep getting caught and their videos removed...i suspect its due to the high traffic alerting the presses so to speak. a few i know of uploaded all the videos again up to 5 times before conking out.

If this be the case then I think that the BBC or ITV ( whoever produces the show) should have their own offical chanel for them on there. The Queen does. I live in America and have a hard time seeing them- but love them.

"well I told you so..or did I?

PamJH

Posted Tue May 26th, 2009 5:38pm Post subject: What has Youtube done with Q I?

If this be the case then I think that the BBC or ITV ( whoever produces the show) should have their own offical chanel for them on there. The Queen does. I live in America and have a hard time seeing them- but love them.

Agree completely.

Rosie Horne

Posted Thu Jun 4th, 2009 12:48pm Post subject: What has Youtube done with Q I?
Have they gone?
Hope they sort it out and bring them back .

dragonfly

Posted Sun Jun 21st, 2009 11:08pm Post subject: What has Youtube done with Q I?
Fret ye not my litle QI elves.. They still have The Only Clip That Matters™

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HUVBXb4XIqE

Oh to have seen this live!

AshleyLHarnett

Posted Sat Aug 8th, 2009 12:17pm Post subject: What has Youtube done with Q I?

The BBC has a channel which includes some QI bits, but you can only watch clips... Some fantastic Fry Moments that are truly worth of inclusion in the comedic cannon.

http://www.youtube.com/user/bbcworldwide?blend=3&ob=4

j9r

Posted Thu Aug 13th, 2009 9:33pm Post subject: What has Youtube done with Q I?

It is the BBC who is requesting their programs be taken off of YouTube when it is the whole program. I would have no problem with them protecting their copyrights if they were actually making it possible for people to get it from a legitimate source, say the BBC.

If they posted the shows on iTunes, I would pay for them, if they showed them on BBC America, I would watch since I already pay for that, if the actually made the DVD's I would buy them. They don't seem to understand sales in the new electronic age.

It's not just QI, I would love to watch Kingdom, Mock the Week, Who Do You Think You Are and countless other programs. Instead on BBC America yesterday there were 8, count them 8, Gordon Ramsey shows off him cursing and generally being an ass. They are running ads about how July was their best month ever. Could it be because you actually show decent television instead of crap. They aren't even showing reruns of Doctor Who or Torchwood after bringing in countless new viewers, why, oh, why, oh, why.....

---j

"I'm from New Jersey, if the world ended today, I'd adjust" - John Gorka

Fryphile

Member *

Posted Thu Aug 13th, 2009 9:51pm Post subject: What has Youtube done with Q I?

j9r, there was a time when BBC America showed The Avengers, The Saint, and The Prisoner every Fryday night. Ahh, memories.

I think of myself as someone who is filled with love, whose only purpose in life was to achieve love. - Stephen Fry

Fryphile

Member *

Posted Thu Aug 13th, 2009 9:52pm Post subject: What has Youtube done with Q I?

j9r, there was a time when BBC America showed The Avengers, The Saint, and The Prisoner every Fryday night. Ahh, memories.

I think of myself as someone who is filled with love, whose only purpose in life was to achieve love. - Stephen Fry

j9r

Posted Fri Aug 14th, 2009 4:13am Post subject: What has Youtube done with Q I?

Fryphile said:

Now all we get is house cleaning, old stuff you could sell or Gordon Ramsey, over and over and over again. At least we get Jonathan Ross now (Stephen is on tomorrow) and Top Gear, a couple times a week.

---j

"I'm from New Jersey, if the world ended today, I'd adjust" - John Gorka