Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

amyl_nitrate

Posted Mon Sep 17th, 2007 9:30pm Post subject: What music do you like?
Is it just me or does anyone have an artist/group who they really can't abide? I really can't be doing with James Blunt. The sound of him and his music makes me want to cut my ears off. To make matters worse, my boyfriend bought his album today - raarrrrrr!!! I told him that if he insists on playing it when I'm in the car with him, I'll be forced to chuck myself out of the car at full speed. I don't know what it is - I don't normally suffer from a bad temper, but hearing that drivvel makes me want to do bad things. A friend of mine had it playing at her house once and I had to ask her to change it, my heart was racing and I felt like smashing something. Okay, so I already know I'm a nutter, but I was wondering if anyone else possibly had this type of reaction to any music???

Or is it just me

I cannot stand James Blunt either. Or Maroon5. Or Keane. I won't put up with any of them. They're so bland and dull and boring and mind numbing. The lyrics for the first two are just plain awful. This Love has got to be the most irritating, nails on a chalkboard song ever. The vocals are the worst, even worse than Justin Timberlake and Fred Durst put together.

Assuming direct control...

tracy8673

Posted Mon Sep 17th, 2007 9:35pm Post subject: What music do you like?
What a relief - to find someone else who has a bad reaction to music. Maybe we should start another thread - 'what music makes you feel violent?' X-D

Anonymous

Unregistered

Posted Mon Sep 17th, 2007 9:45pm Post subject: What music do you like?
Who's t hat bird out there now, is it Kate Nash? The sort of maybe posh but sounds common type. Yes, her. Sings a song entitled 'Dickhead'. Dear oh dear.

Currently making my musical boat float with wonderful buoyancy:

Suede (Bernard Butler-era )
Selected Bowie numbers
Olivia Tremor Control/Sunshine Fix/Circulatory System
The Von Bondies second album

Saturn

Posted Tue Sep 18th, 2007 12:12am Post subject: What music do you like?
Blunt is the spwan of Satan

Anonymous

Unregistered

Posted Tue Sep 18th, 2007 12:21am Post subject: What music do you like?
Nah. If he didn't have cretinous music writers saying he was good, he'd be nowhere. Bad music journalists are the real devil spunk.

Saturn

Posted Tue Sep 18th, 2007 12:27am Post subject: What music do you like?
It's the people who buy it I worry about.

Okay that first song was okay but then it was killed by repeating it 10 million times for about a year.

He should have been a one-hit wonder.

Anonymous

Unregistered

Posted Tue Sep 18th, 2007 4:11pm Post subject: What music do you like?
What a relief - to find someone else who has a bad reaction to music. Maybe we should start another thread - 'what music makes you feel violent?' X-D

Katie Melua and Lily Allen.

Anyone starts mentioning Katie Melua (even Polish people who don't know what she's on about) and I just tell them "She's bloody Phoebe from Friends! I wouldn't be surprised if her next song was Smelly Cat!"

SidewalkProphet

Posted Tue Sep 18th, 2007 9:52pm Post subject: What music do you like?
Blunt is the spwan of Satan

Agreed, here we tend to call him James C.... u get the drift, I just can't stand him! I used to hate heather smalls voice altho she hasn't released anything in ages (thank god) and I'm sick to death of whiney american bubble gum teeny crap music.... u know the type!!

amyl_nitrate

Posted Wed Sep 19th, 2007 9:03am Post subject: What music do you like?
The Streets. Q proclaimed them to be the greatest lyricists ever. Seriously. What.......the.......fuck? They are appallingly bad. Who buys this crap?

Assuming direct control...

Dr.Lecter

Posted Sat Sep 22nd, 2007 10:27pm Post subject: What music do you like?
seether
sevendust
bach
chopin
mozart
placebo
3 days grace
joy division
the beatles
oasis
R.E.M.
submersed
metallica
depeche mode
U2
smashing pumpkins
muse
david bowie
kent
...and so on

*!*Ash*!*

Posted Sun Sep 23rd, 2007 1:29pm Post subject: What music do you like?
Sorry about the delay in response JVONEARTH been a bit shite recently. Yeah iv been lucky enough to see Weller twice, once in Notts a couple of years ago and more recently in Plymouth a few months back, he was REALLY good. If ou can't manage to see him live he's got a couple of really good live DVDs like the originally titled "Paul Weller: Live" thats got one performance at a festival and one acoustic performance, its worth checking out if you can.

Hanny

Posted Wed Oct 31st, 2007 3:40pm Post subject: What music do you like?
i dont think anyone has mentioned some of my favourite bands so i hope mine dont end up in the heted music thread but here goes!!

scorpions
America
genesis
led zeppelin
def leppard
crash test dummies
thin lizzy

these are just a few but i welcome comments (even negative ones!!!)

NHStress

Posted Wed Oct 31st, 2007 8:21pm Post subject: What music do you like?
Hanny, your not old enough to be listening to those bands !

I mean really Genesis, Led Zep etc, thats usually the first signs of the onset of middle age

But much kudos for having such and excellent taste in muzak

As for me :-

Well add The Eagles & Pink Floyd & Springsteen to the list that Hanny posted.....

Anonymous

Unregistered

Posted Wed Oct 31st, 2007 8:32pm Post subject: What music do you like?
....I have never felt more out of synch with my generation as I do in this thread. *headdesk*

greentree

Posted Thu Nov 1st, 2007 8:10pm Post subject: What music do you like?
Radiohead
Rufus Wainwright
Indigo Girls
Joni Mitchell
Supertramp
REM
Wire Daisies
Guillemots
Franz Ferdinand
Choral classical stuff
U2
Queen