Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

Help

Posted Sat Apr 18th, 2009 8:39pm Post subject: What music do you like?
He's just waaay too good live.
Saw him last month, at the city hall, where everyone had to sit down which didn't impress him much so he jumped off the stage and was running around the aisles with his guitar.
Also he was drinking whiskey out of one of his guitars which amused me!

Maxx England

Posted Sat Apr 18th, 2009 9:05pm Post subject: What music do you like?
You seen any RL Burnside on Youtube, Roosevelt "Booba" Barnes? How about Hill Country Blues as a thread. It isn't clever, it isn't arty, it's just groove that grabs hold of your motor neurones and hijacks them into dancing and moving.

People tell me they don't like blues, "it's all depressing", then you hit them with it right in the dance muscles. And they still won't own up to liking it. Hypocrisy.

The only way is forward. Now where's the bar?

TobiasMonk

Posted Sat Apr 18th, 2009 9:30pm Post subject: What music do you like?
You seen any RL Burnside on Youtube, Roosevelt "Booba" Barnes? How about Hill Country Blues as a thread.

People tell me they don't like blues, "it's all depressing", then you hit them with it right in the dance muscles. And they still won't own up to liking it. Hypocrisy.

Ever thought about a visit? They have a very popular Blues festival there every June called the North Mississippi Hill Country Picnic.

I cannot be awake for nothing looks to me as it did before, Or else I am awake for the first time, and all before has been a mean sleep.
Walt Whitman

Maxx England

Posted Sat Apr 18th, 2009 9:44pm Post subject: What music do you like?
I know about that stuff, the only thing stopping me is money, once I can reach the land of the dollar, I think I could cope very well indeed. Occasionally I buy a lottery ticket, if it ever comes up £4 million, me and my mate John Cooper are flying in, picking up a pair of these new Triumph twins, and Doing America.

Or a well set up sidecar outfit (yup, no brains at all, either of us, we got 3rd in our small but national championship one year) 3/4 size electric on me back, little solid state amp in the pannier, flat tracks and blues all the way.

Thinking about it, sidecar with a trailer tent behind it. No need to be uncomfortable or uncivilised.

mrjb3

Posted Fri May 1st, 2009 12:36pm Post subject: What music do you like?
Can I come to Maxx?! If you win the lottery that is.

Always wanted to do that. But. I have no-one who's eager or stupid enough to go with me! Even my gf said no... pssssh.

Maxx England

Posted Wed May 6th, 2009 5:33pm Post subject: What music do you like?
Fine, can you drive a sidecar? How are you on interminable blues grooves?

mrjb3

Posted Thu May 7th, 2009 1:42pm Post subject: What music do you like?
I am gooooooooooooooooooooooood on them. Lol.

Sidecar it is!

forumer

Posted Tue May 19th, 2009 10:44am Post subject: What music do you like?
Okay... In general I like the sound of Soul, Blues, Rhythm and Blue. I'm also a huge fan of musicals. But except of all hardcore things I'm happy with any music I can get... music was my first love, and it will be my last!

Help

Posted Tue May 19th, 2009 11:56am Post subject: What music do you like?

^^They were my first love, goodness.
I very much doubt they'll be my last.
I'm having a Fleetwood Mac day/week/month/year. Love them!

Polednice

Posted Tue May 19th, 2009 1:08pm Post subject: What music do you like?
Classical, classical, classical, classical, classical. I feel as though I must apologise but, hard as I try, my brain cannot appreciate or like or find pleasure in music of another genre.

My first true love was Johannes Brahms, and it soon became a threesome with Antonin Dvorak.

If I were to have a little crush, it would be on Edvard Grieg, and I relish in the camp delights of Pyotr Tchaikovsky.

Mozart is the ex-wife; the one I loved when I was naive but who now tastes bitter.

Rachmaninoff was the gentleman to show me the path to Romanticism (the ideals that rule me), and the lightness of Mendelssohn and Beethoven are the young and fun bits on the side.

Of course, there are so many other composers that I don't now dare list, but Brahms will forever be the centre of my world!

TobiasMonk

Posted Sat May 23rd, 2009 1:00am Post subject: What music do you like?
Epic Levon Helm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sMHyovwX7JM&fea.....p;index=42

I cannot be awake for nothing looks to me as it did before, Or else I am awake for the first time, and all before has been a mean sleep.
Walt Whitman

Soph

Posted Sat May 23rd, 2009 5:38pm Post subject: What music do you like?
I haven't bought a cd for such a long time, but I've recently gotten back in to Will Young, and just got his new album. Very much enjoying its first listen. : ]

Photobucket

Help

Posted Thu May 28th, 2009 12:54am Post subject: What music do you like?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-7SRulm3w3c

I love her

Desdemona

Posted Thu May 28th, 2009 5:31pm Post subject: What music do you like?
I advise Everyone to check out
The Legendary Pink Dots.

seriously, thats some really good stuff, i mean gernre is experimental, so its a fair buit of techno and minamalism and other stuff chucked in there. I love their lyrics too and his monotonal voice (a bit like joy division) and to top it off a really good sax.

hehe.
I have also recently discovered:
The Velvet underground
The Ramones
Vermillion Lies
The Wildhearts
VNV Nation
The Uncrowned (just been signed)
Totentaz (Polish)

just to name afew.

Skip Life and come with me?

CollectorManiac

Posted Thu May 28th, 2009 9:36pm Post subject: What music do you like?
My most recent discoveries
Frank Turner-young angry folkie general grumbling about having to be mature
David Rovics-American folk singer with some FANTASTIC political titbits, I especially recommend the very very pretty Behind The Barricades
Jenny Owen Youngs-wonderful acoustic music

And about once or twice a week I rediscover Billy Bragg. More so this week as I saw him on Friday night and Saturday afternoon last week, so very happy bunny. Short on fellow minded people though, only person being my dad and the best friend who I introduced to him in the first place