Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

TobiasMonk

Posted Mon Mar 12th, 2012 5:01am Post subject: What was the last film you saw?

Burke & Hare. Mildly funny with Andy Serkis (not in CGI for a change), and Simon Pegg. Also Ronnie Corbett as a militia officer looking a lot like a toy soldier, Tom Wilkinson, Tim Curry, and a handful of cameos including a funny one from Christopher Lee.

I cannot be awake for nothing looks to me as it did before, Or else I am awake for the first time, and all before has been a mean sleep.
Walt Whitman

michael

Posted Wed Mar 14th, 2012 1:35am Post subject: What was the last film you saw?

i saw This Means War. Because we were bored. It totally sucked. Well, okay I laughed three times.

"HELLO I'M TACTILE !" is an anagram of my name

Nitro

Posted Sat Mar 17th, 2012 7:50pm Post subject: What was the last film you saw?

I forget the title but it was about Francis Bacon and Derek Jacobi portrayed him. All the performances in the film were fantastic and while I enjoyed it overall, I thought it did somewhat of a disservice to that very great artist.

Underworld Evolution. I do find this series of films entertaining and fun and this one, ironically enough, also cast Derek Jacobi. Jacobi is just such a fine actor that he puts in performances that, imho, shield him very much from critique. This particular film had a lot of backstory which I enjoyed a heap I didn't care too much for the actor playing the hybrid guy, sorry I forgot his name, because in scenes where he's not growling and fighting, he seems very 'vanilla'.
I also kind of wish these types of movies would stop being so saturated in blue colors. It just seems sort of lazy. Well, now Kate Beckinsale's vampire can tolerate daylight, maybe the new movie will make greater use of light in general. If you're a fan of Underworld though, I would definitely recommend it

Really? Wow.

Ambrosia

Posted Mon Apr 2nd, 2012 5:55pm Post subject: What was the last film you saw?

Derek Jacobi is always brilliant. He was great as the pre-Master Master in "Doctor Who" - he went from bumbling and lovable to pure evil in a heartbeat. His eyes turned stone cold and utterly insane.

Went to see "The Kid With a Bike" - magicial and yet true-to-life French film by the Dardenne Brothers. The little boy had that bruised vulnerability that no stage school kid could ever muster.

Also went to see "The Pirates! In An Adventure With Scientists!" - fantastic Aardman animation. Almost up there with "Wallace and Gromit in The Curse of the Were-Rabbit". The detail in any Aardman film is just astonishing.

Stefi

Posted Mon Apr 2nd, 2012 8:30pm Post subject: What was the last film you saw?

Third star. I didn't understand everything (they sometimes talked too qickly for me ), but it was really, really sad

We are talking of the idea of beauty, and the beauty of ideas.

@Giggi_1

Nitro

Posted Wed Apr 25th, 2012 12:40pm Post subject: What was the last film you saw?

"His eyes turned stone cold and utterly insane."

Sounds like a guy my friend dated. Once.

Really? Wow.

Jennygraham

Posted Fri Apr 27th, 2012 10:22am Post subject: What was the last film you saw?

'Transformers:Dark of the Moon' was my last film Which one i saw Great movie! Amazing special effects! Loved the comedy.

Clive

Posted Sat May 5th, 2012 2:04pm Post subject: What was the last film you saw?

What was that exorcism one that was in cinemas recently? I saw that one. Ooooh, no. It wasn't good. Wasn't good at all

I'm just about to watch 'Swing Kids,' lol. I'm on a Robert Sean Leonard kick

'Vote for E.L. Wisty, or invisible nudists will come along and smash you round the face.'

(E.L. Wisty)

My Attempt at Tumbling

Twitter: @CliveLive49