Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

rachelle

Posted Wed Oct 19th, 2011 6:44pm Post subject: whatarewedoingabouttheworldweliveinpeople?

Dear Sir, its rachelle, I hope you are well and enjoying the incredible Australian weather. Dear eveyone else, I hope you read this and comment. I twittered you some time ago when the subject of wikkileaks became greatly highlighted, prior to the arab spring and ahead of the English riots, which is a fairly convoluted way of saying absolutely nothing whilst placing a certain context around the core value in my communication. As a man I have deeply respected for his most marvellous portrayals of some of our more "colourful" historical characters and as one of our finest and most erudite Quintessential Inglishmen, I wondered what your opinions upon the "world versus the bankers" are, given that on this first day of the Greek National strike over 100,000 people are on the streets in Athens defying current government policy, while many thousands more are spread accross the world in cities like London, Torronto and New York protesting against the way of the bankers. In a similar way to the introduction of "mass terrorism" and the subsequent "war" on it, we have and are being quite obviously led up the garden path by a bunch of people who are no less criminal than individuals they purport to revile, fraudulently going about the world and pasting massive debt and austerity on those with the least to give in order to preserve capitalist dinosaurs and keep the richest 2% in power whilst every other person in the world suffers a drop in standards that in this country alone boils down to pensioners and families with children being forced into fuel poverty and potential death and future generations being without pensions and education. In Swaziland, as a diametrically opposite example to Britain, this means that the population are eating chicken giblets to survive whilst dealing with the highest AIDS per h/c as employment spirals towards 50%- I can't stand idly by and watch our postwar advances, and all those promises, get pissed down the drain by a bunch of greedy and power-insatiable arseholes. I know that in part, this is us as a species evolving, which takes no account of personal feelings; but I can't help feeling that this doesn't have to be like this. I'm no communist, but capitalism has almost certainly run its course; I'm no pacifist, but I can see that the military industrial complex now owes nothing to the people it took tax money off for return of "safety"; I'm no fortune-teller, "but it's easy to see without looking to far that" nothing is sacred anymore in terms of the daily abuses, corporate banditry and loss of life that comprise just another jolly englishmans day in the continuing story of the modern world. You once portrayed a marvellous character in an equally marvellous film that turned to face the camera and wryly stated that "there's something wrong with this country isn't there?", an inspiration to my understanding of how much this country and the World have changed since 2001. But this is not good change, this has unfolded to become simply change on behalf of the few against the many. English fishwife though I mebbe, I am beginning to lose my sense of humour as the daily assault of people like the BBC, bless them, and the ConDem government, continue to try to smooth over a ripple in humanity unprecedented and without historical reference. Please make me laugh and find a better way of dealing with this before I cut my own head off and fry it in garlic butter before burying it in soft peat for three months and recycling it as fire lighters!
With many thanks for your patience in reading this and equal commiserations in living in times as interesting as these, your humble antagonistic plagiarist, Rachelle Fishwife, Up North, England.

Nitro

Posted Fri Nov 4th, 2011 2:59am Post subject: whatarewedoingabouttheworldweliveinpeople?

I would strongly suggest you go to youtube.com and start watching some of the Occupy Wall Street ( OWS ) videos. Also, we have a thread on teh topic running under 'General Musings' as well. Please do come join in our discussion there

Really? Wow.

Nitro

Posted Fri Nov 4th, 2011 3:00am Post subject: whatarewedoingabouttheworldweliveinpeople?

*bump

Really? Wow.