Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

ClareBear

Posted Sat Sep 15th, 2007 9:06pm Post subject: Whats it called when you pffft (spit) your drink out?

Whenever we go to the Who Shop in London,

There's a Who shop?

amyl_nitrate

Posted Sat Sep 15th, 2007 9:12pm Post subject: Whats it called when you pffft (spit) your drink out?
I've never seen the Who Shop but I have been to the Doctor Who Exhibit - 3 times, first two times in Llangollen then last time when it moved to Blackpool. It was bigger in Llangollen and had a really big shop crammed full of Doctor Who stuff and a café with a TARDIS revolving cake stand. ^_^ In Blackpool it feels smaller, cramped and the shop is so much poorer and space is taken up by Star Wars and other American sci-fi merchendise. :'(

Assuming direct control...

christy

Posted Sat Sep 15th, 2007 9:22pm Post subject: Whats it called when you pffft (spit) your drink out?
Yes! The WHO Shop is in East Ham (the one in London). It's on the main street opposite the Underground station.
4 Station Parade, High Street, East Ham, London
see website: http://www.thewhoshop.com/
It's ace, aithough they do have a few american things, since the return of Dr Who and Torchwood, they've been doing a roaring trade!

*****always in the gutter, but looking at the stars*****

ysabella

Posted Sun Sep 16th, 2007 9:52am Post subject: Whats it called when you pffft (spit) your drink out?
That's a good book John Steed. I've got it too. It's a shame Matt Groenig didn't do more books like that (not Simpsons or Futurama related).
He's done more than one book. Before he did the Simpsons, he spent years drawing a cartoon called "Life in Hell." There were several books made of those cartoons - Love Is Hell, Work Is Hell, The Big Book of Hell, etc. The main character is Binky, a rabbit.

amyl_nitrate

Posted Sun Sep 16th, 2007 5:32pm Post subject: Whats it called when you pffft (spit) your drink out?
That's a good book John Steed. I've got it too. It's a shame Matt Groenig didn't do more books like that (not Simpsons or Futurama related).
He's done more than one book. Before he did the Simpsons, he spent years drawing a cartoon called "Life in Hell." There were several books made of those cartoons - Love Is Hell, Work Is Hell, The Big Book of Hell, etc. The main character is Binky, a rabbit.

Yeah the book John Steed and I were on about is Love is Hell (which is what the scan is from). I found my copy of Love is Hell in a charity shop in Cork. What I meant was I wish he still made books like that with other characters besides ones from The Simpsons and Futurama. When was the last time he did a Binky one? Must've been yonks.

Anonymous

Unregistered

Posted Mon Sep 17th, 2007 12:06am Post subject: Whats it called when you pffft (spit) your drink out?
Whats the official name to describe the involuntary spitting out of your drink when someone says a shocking or comical comment?

"A dreadful, dreadful waste" is what it is and called in my book.

ysabella

Posted Mon Sep 17th, 2007 4:32am Post subject: Whats it called when you pffft (spit) your drink out?
Yeah the book John Steed and I were on about is Love is Hell (which is what the scan is from). I found my copy of Love is Hell in a charity shop in Cork.
Have you seen the other ones? I think I have the Big Book of Hell.

What I meant was I wish he still made books like that with other characters besides ones from The Simpsons and Futurama. When was the last time he did a Binky one? Must've been yonks.
I think you're right.

amyl_nitrate

Posted Mon Sep 17th, 2007 11:44am Post subject: Whats it called when you pffft (spit) your drink out?
Yeah the book John Steed and I were on about is Love is Hell (which is what the scan is from). I found my copy of Love is Hell in a charity shop in Cork.
Have you seen the other ones? I think I have the Big Book of Hell.

I'll have to have a proper look for them. When I get some cash in. I've been very naughty these last two weeks. Been on a spending splurge buying loads of manga, dvds and books. :-//

Betsie

Posted Wed Sep 19th, 2007 12:13am Post subject: Whats it called when you pffft (spit) your drink out?
Since I'm late on the spitting jargon, here's my contrib:

schmootz

I dated a guy once who would make me laugh just as I was taking a sip, just so he could say "You schmootzed!"